Animation to weapons

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Not sure if this idea has been posted, I couldn’t find any threads to suggest it has, so here goes.

How about adding animation to weapon Sigils, for example:

Adding Superior Sigil of earth to a weapon, (the weapons appearance changes to that of a cluster of rocks surrounding the weapon)

Or

Adding Superior Sigil of Fire to a weapon (the weapons appearance changes to that of flames surrounding the weapon)

Well you get the point. Just give a little more animation to the game.

Thoughts?

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Roktar.2497

Roktar.2497

I like the idea, it’s similar to enchants in wow. It could be a good improvement to the weapon looks, and a sense of more personal customization.

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knyx.4239

Knyx.4239

Since we can’t dye weapons.. would be nice to have some kind of costumization..

Knyx – Thief – [uPT] @ Seafarer’s Rest
Google “Grow uP” e Faz a Apply..!
Play Hard, Live Fast, Win Moar..!

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

/Signed that sounds pretty awesome. What if you add the Sigil of Fire on a Flame Sword? lol.

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

/Signed that sounds pretty awesome. What if you add the Sigil of Fire on a Flame Sword? lol.

its makes ya Charr extra crispy

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

rather than start another thread to get more comments and get ANet to take note, i am bumping this thread

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Yes, this sounds awesome. I am disappointed from the lack of particle effect weapons.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

as long as the effect is subtle, i’d like that very much… when i’m swinging around a sword with 20% chances of bursting into flame, i want at least a faint orange/red glow somewhere along the blade or even an appropriate glowing engraving

but yeah, keyword here being "subtle’

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

I don’t know … It’s like, I would like to use the elite warrior signet but the effect makes me look like i smell bad! What if there’s an upgrade you really want to use, but you hate the way it makes the weapon look?

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Animag.7634

Animag.7634

Great idea but how will the sigil of grawl slaying, sigil of wrath and so on look like then?

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I like the idea, it’s similar to enchants in wow. It could be a good improvement to the weapon looks, and a sense of more personal customization.

Uh oh, he said WoW. Brave yourselves, haters incoming.

More on topic, I agree with this idea.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

This could be good.

But they’d have to be optional (For to be able to keep equipment sets looking nice and not being ruined by a glow that happens to be the best for the slot)

Also, would Transmuting allow for selection of particle effects? So for example you transmute something that has Sigil of Earth in with something with Sigil of Fire in and you can pick the stat you want (Bleed/AoE Fire proc) and also what particle effect you want (Fiery glow/rocky effects)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

bumping this thread again.

In answer to your question taril. I dont see transmuting a weapon being a problem as it gives you the option to carry the enchantment over to the new skin

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

bumping this thread again.

In answer to your question taril. I dont see transmuting a weapon being a problem as it gives you the option to carry the enchantment over to the new skin

I meant being able to pick an enchantment and also as a separate option being able to pick particle effects.

Allowing you to have the enchantment of choice (For example: Earth) with the particle effect of choice (For example: Fire) provided the weapons being transmuted have the available Sigils between them.

Also, would the Minor/Superior etc Sigils offer different particle densities? With Minor Sigil of Fire having a relatively small effect and Superior Sigil of Fire having a more noticeable fiery look?

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I don’t know … It’s like, I would like to use the elite warrior signet but the effect makes me look like i smell bad! What if there’s an upgrade you really want to use, but you hate the way it makes the weapon look?

The keyword here is subtle. The effects shouldnt be “hey look my weapon grows so bright I can barely see anything” more like a subtle red glow if you use sigil of fire, 1 or 2 sparks jumping around on your weapon if you use sigil of air or maybe blood dripping from your weapon for the bleed duration sigil. If you don’t like how it looks you’ll be able to ignore it. Except you’re a perfectionist.
But imagine the game would’ve always had these effects. You would barely see anyone complaining about it.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

The effects need to be small, VERY small.
The faintests of glows for fire, barely noticable sparks for air, thin blood trickle for bleed..

This is not WoW. Massive particle effects don’t belong in this game. It looks rediculous and tacky. The flame legion armor is bad enough (and out of sync with the lore as it should only be spouting fire if you partake of the flame legion rituals…which are outlawed across tyria, thus if your wearing that armor every city guard/npc/pact/order/etc should be slaughtering you on sight).

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

The keyword here is subtle. The effects shouldnt be “hey look my weapon grows so bright I can barely see anything” more like a subtle red glow if you use sigil of fire, 1 or 2 sparks jumping around on your weapon if you use sigil of air or maybe blood dripping from your weapon for the bleed duration sigil. If you don’t like how it looks you’ll be able to ignore it. Except you’re a perfectionist.
But imagine the game would’ve always had these effects. You would barely see anyone complaining about it.

Agreed, this is the direction i was moving to in my OP

Animation to weapons

in Suggestions

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

bumped this thread, rather than starting another. More animations to weapons plz