Another month without LFG search

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

SAB has already gotten old, more useless timed content the game doesn’t need right now

will the LFG party search ever be implemented…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

www.gw2lfg.com we already have a comprehensive well crafted, buggless lfg tool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

yes that is what everyone uses but it is 3rd party, its ridiculous that there isn’t an ingame one

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Suggestions

Posted by: matic.7843

matic.7843

I really agree with your Ritter, I also think it is ridicoulous that you need to go on the internet to search players, while you should do that ingame, it’s a simple add on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

The content is still balanced for people who have to spend a half hour getting a group together, as well. They’re understandably going to be willing to put up with every wacky gimmick thrown at them.

Springing an automatic LFG on GW2’s style of 5 man content would be The Oculus all over again.

Hopefully, both aspects get fixed this year.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Don’t get your hopes high. As you may be aware already, Anet is focused mainly to useless non-required content and as you may have noticed, they have a big success with it so, why spend money and time solving all the problems in this game (7 months old bugs, skill/classes balance, lack of needed content/tools like the one you mentioned) when they can add a simple jumping puzzle and have the majority of players happy (at least until those players start complaining about the lack of challenge/reward)?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Don’t get your hopes high. As you may be aware already, Anet is focused mainly to useless non-required content and as you may have noticed, they have a big success with it so, why spend money and time solving all the problems in this game (7 months old bugs, skill/classes balance, lack of needed content/tools like the one you mentioned) when they can add a simple jumping puzzle and have the majority of players happy (at least until those players start complaining about the lack of challenge/reward)?

Yes, the entire team, every employee worked non stop on the april event. In fact I’d say it set them back several years, and now that every single team member has worked on creating this complex difficult to design addon, surely there will be no new content or fixes. Which furthers the belief that all new content addons will be discontinued in light of the amazing awesomeness of the SaB which is currently only for April. But again, shame on the entire arenenet team, possibly every person at ncsoft as well who had to stop what they were doing to work on this very very very involved project. Which might I add is completely useless and has definitely not made them any revenue to use towards future content, which again, will no longer be created now that they have SaB. Than you very much for your input, +1. Also might I add there is definitely no April flame and frost update because of this. Definitely, pretty, kinda sure, sorta, maybe.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

Since there is already a perfectly viable LFG tool (gw2lfg.com) available, I’d think implementing an in-game LFG tool would be low on their priorities list.

in Suggestions

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Since there is already a perfectly viable LFG tool (gw2lfg.com) available, I’d think implementing an in-game LFG tool would be low on their priorities list.

Exactly, instead they spend development time on Superfun Box or whatever the heck it’s called – how exciting. If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros, I would…not an “MMO-RPG.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Exactly, instead they spend development time on Superfun Box or whatever the heck it’s called – how exciting. If I wanted to play Super Mario Bros, I would…not an “MMO-RPG.”

SAB was developed independently (at Anet) by an extremely small team so I wouldn’t say Anet actually invested much time into it at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Sir, here’s your shiny new car you just purchased. Oh, it doesn’t have headlights….you can just pick up some flashlights from the hardware store until we eventually get around to designing headlights.

Oh wait….Sir! Here’s your 8-track tape player instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Because opening a tab in a browser is harder than opening a tab in a game.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m sure Anet has a list of priorities. The first priorities are going to be to support people who have no other recourse. Like culling in WvW. They had to get that done, because it was ruining WvW. And WvW didn’t have gw2lfg.com as a workaround. All they had was people popping in out of thin air.

It was a big project. Now that that’s done, some devs will be free to work on other stuff. Whether or not it’s the LFG tool, depends on how many people run dungeons all the time. In my experience, dungeon runners aren’t the biggest portion of the population.

Not only that, but many guilds run dungeons without the need for an LFG tool. Mine for example. I don’t need one at all, though I think the game should have one.

But making it sound like this is so important, well, it’s important to a percentage of the players. But no one really knows what percentage that is.

And a bad LFG tool can cause more harm than a good one. Plenty of game’s implementation have proven that.

I’m content to wait to see it in the game. Because I do a whole lot more than run dungeons, and I don’t pug them when I do.

in Suggestions

Villious.8530

Because flicking a switch on a flashlight is harder than flicking a switch on a dashboard.
:-/

in Suggestions

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I doubt it will happen. On the bright side, at least they are still adding a reasonable amount of content. I had lost alot of faith in Anet tbh. But this latest patch really gave me some faith back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Yes, the entire team, every employee worked non stop on the april event. In fact I’d say it set them back several years, and now that every single team member has worked on creating this complex difficult to design addon, surely there will be no new content or fixes. Which furthers the belief that all new content addons will be discontinued in light of the amazing awesomeness of the SaB which is currently only for April. But again, shame on the entire arenenet team, possibly every person at ncsoft as well who had to stop what they were doing to work on this very very very involved project. Which might I add is completely useless and has definitely not made them any revenue to use towards future content, which again, will no longer be created now that they have SaB. Than you very much for your input, +1. Also might I add there is definitely no April flame and frost update because of this. Definitely, pretty, kinda sure, sorta, maybe.

Have to give it to you, this is the best apology for not having a LFG implemented yet, 7 months after launch, that I’ve seen so far.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I opened the tab in the browser, highlighted some text, Ctrl C, tabbed back, Ctrl V into box and “Party full”. Rinse and repeat.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

No game should rely on a 3rd party for what is a pretty basic feature of any modern MMO.

GW2 needs an LFG badly, finding people to do some dungeon paths other than the “farm” ones, is a nightmare in game. Relying on a 3rd party out of game site, is amateur at best, incompetent at worst.

I was supprised that it was not in at launch as Anet themselves said any MMO releasing now (when it did) would have to include an LFG. And no, that does not cover the appalling “flag” system they have now that no one uses and hardly anyone even knows is there.

As for whether players want it, and should it be a priority:
at time of posting GW2LFG.com has created 3267512 groups.
I think thats a pretty big demand for the feature.

(edited by Cameirus.8407)

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

No game should rely on a 3rd party for what is a pretty basic feature of any modern MMO.

GW2 needs an LFG badly, finding people to do some dungeon paths other than the “farm” ones, is a nightmare in game. Relying on a 3rd party out of game site, is amateur at best, incompetent at worst.

I was supprised that it was not in at launch as Anet themselves said any MMO releasing now (when it did) would have to include an LFG. And no, that does not cover the appalling “flag” system they have now that no one uses and hardly anyone even knows is there.

How many groups are formed is a lot less important than the percentage of players who use it. As an example. A single CoF path 1 run can be run in under 15 minutes. There are people who spend all day doing this. I could care less about them. That’s potentially four groups an hour. It’s more important to know how many people by percentage need the feature, rather than how many parties are formed.

And we know Anet is working on one anyway, they’re not going to finish it faster just because people nag them.

Not to mention, most triple A MMOs have NOT launched with an LFG tool, including Rift and SWToR as well as Guild Wars 2. I don’t know why people think MMOs launch with that.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

How many groups are formed is a lot less important than the percentage of players who use it. As an example. A single CoF path 1 run can be run in under 15 minutes. There are people who spend all day doing this. I could care less about them. That’s potentially four groups an hour. It’s more important to know how many people by percentage need the feature, rather than how many parties are formed.

And we know Anet is working on one anyway, they’re not going to finish it faster just because people nag them.

Not to mention, most triple A MMOs have NOT launched with an LFG tool, including Rift and SWToR as well as Guild Wars 2. I don’t know why people think MMOs launch with that.

They got them in pretty quick though.

No one said they launched with them, the only people who mentioned that games shoudl launch with LFG was Anet themselves, then they failed at it.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

No one said they launched with them, the only people who mentioned that games shoudl launch with LFG was Anet themselves, then they failed at it.

When did Anet say this? Quote please? Cause I never remember seeing it.

I also remember a lot of games launched LFG tools that were bad, or only marginally useful. I"m hoping the Anet one, which isn’t just a dungeon finder, will be a lot more robust.

I mean you can already do dungeons in this game with people from other servers, something most games do NOT launch with. But people only want to look at the negative.

I mean if you wanted a dungeon at launch in Rift, you had to get people from your server. That’s why the gw2lfg.com does work so well. So many more people to party with. And due to the guesting feature there’s not even a huge outcry over server specific LFG tools like they are in most games.

It’s being designed, it’s not implemented yet. It took SWToR six months to get it in, and they charged a monthly fee and they’re a much bigger company. It took Rift many months to get it in and then a couple of months to get it working right, and they charged a monthly fee.

I just wish people would stop making it sound like no MMO has ever launched with an LFG tool, when most MMOs launch without it.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

I also remember a lot of games launched LFG tools that were bad, or only marginally useful. I"m hoping the Anet one, which isn’t just a dungeon finder, will be a lot more robust.

I mean you can already do dungeons in this game with people from other servers, something most games do NOT launch with. But people only want to look at the negative.

I mean if you wanted a dungeon at launch in Rift, you had to get people from your server. That’s why the gw2lfg.com does work so well. So many more people to party with. And due to the guesting feature there’s not even a huge outcry over server specific LFG tools like they are in most games.

It’s being designed, it’s not implemented yet. It took SWToR six months to get it in, and they charged a monthly fee and they’re a much bigger company. It took Rift many months to get it in and then a couple of months to get it working right, and they charged a monthly fee.

I just wish people would stop making it sound like no MMO has ever launched with an LFG tool, when most MMOs launch without it.

No one has made it sound like other mmos launch with it, so stop that arguement right now, its total BS.

I cant track down the quote right now, it was on the beta forums I believe, when Anet addressed LFG and said that any game launching in 2012 needed a workign LFG at launch.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

No one has made it sound like other mmos launch with it, so stop that arguement right now, its total BS.

I cant track down the quote right now, it was on the beta forums I believe, when Anet addressed LFG and said that any game launching in 2012 needed a workign LFG at launch.

Okay it wasn’t said here, but it’s been said in several other threads. My point is many games, triple A games launched without one.

And guess what? Anet does have a looking for group tool, of sorts, in this game. You can flag yourself as looking for group and people can see you as flagged as looking for group. It’s been in since launch. It’s not a great looking for group tool,. but cut the crap about Anet not having one in at launch. What they don’t have at launch is the type of LFG tool you want…which is why someone made that website in the first place.

So if Anet said no game should launch without an LFG tool and they included one, you’re out of line anyway.

But it’s a sucky one. They’re doing what they’ve done with everything else. Launched too early and play catch up. That’s why guesting was late. That’s why the culling solution took so long. That’s why suddenly NPCs can move their lips when they talk.

So stop saying there’s no looking for group tool and say instead that the placeholder looking for group tool isn’t cutting it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

The other thread about gw2lfg trolls highlights an increasingly concerning problem with the security of having your community use a third-party resource for group-finding.
You don’t have to register a name on gw2lfg, so anyone can claim to be you, resulting in trolling being very easy as people submit their in-game names to a source external to ArenaNet.
The only solution for this is for ArenaNet to implement an in-game LFG tool of the same quality as gw2lfg as soon as possible.
As it stands, there is currently a massive security hole just waiting to be abused. At the moment it’s trolling; it’s only a matter of time until it gets worse.

So as well as for customer convenience, they need to implement a decent LFG tool for the good of game security.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

The other thread about gw2lfg trolls highlights an increasingly concerning problem with the security of having your community use a third-party resource for group-finding.
You don’t have to register a name on gw2lfg, so anyone can claim to be you, resulting in trolling being very easy as people submit their in-game names to a source external to ArenaNet.
The only solution for this is for ArenaNet to implement an in-game LFG tool of the same quality as gw2lfg as soon as possible.
As it stands, there is currently a massive security hole just waiting to be abused. At the moment it’s trolling; it’s only a matter of time until it gets worse.

So as well as for customer convenience, they need to implement a decent LFG tool for the good of game security.

Can you spell exaageration?

This isn’t a massive security hole. It’s a case of griefing. So many people use that site and I have only so far heard of a single report of griefing. I’m sure now that it’s been reported there’ll be more of it, but that’s hardly a security hole.

So because of this, Anet is going to change who the LFG tool it’s working on is released? Maybe release a totally buggy one early? Do you think that will make people happy?

Anet is already working on a looking for group tool. You can’t rush programming. That’s it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Currently there are two groups on gw2lfg.com for any story-mode dungeon.

Two.

Translation: if you didn’t start playing GW2 at launch and unlock all the explorables then, you can forget about ever running a dungeon.

We NEED a LFG tool. I don’t believe even 1% of people who might want to run a dungeon are off using some website to form a group.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Currently there are two groups on gw2lfg.com for any story-mode dungeon.

Two.

Translation: if you didn’t start playing GW2 at launch and unlock all the explorables then, you can forget about ever running a dungeon.

We NEED a LFG tool. I don’t believe even 1% of people who might want to run a dungeon are off using some website to form a group.

That’s a problem with story mode dungeons in general, not the LFG tool. Story mode dungeons are broken and need to be fixed. The reward compared to time spent is dismal. Truly dismal.

The only way I go with people on story mode dungeons is if people in my guild need help. Do you know why people don’t do story mode dungeons? Because there is almost zero reason to.

If you have an LFG finder in game, you’ll have the exact same results.

in Suggestions

Mungrul.9358

I can spell exaggeration. You obviously can’t.

And no, it’s not exaggeration. It should never have been possible in the first place.
This could genuinely balloon into online bullying and harassment, purely because players exasperated at the lack of LFG tools in game have resorted to using one outside the game and therefore out of ArenaNet’s control.

There are also unforeseen consequences.

This trolling is just the first example of someone exploiting gw2lfg.
Other things may follow; for example how secure is gw2lfg? What if someone was able to hack the site and link IP addresses and character names? Is there a possible account security problem here?

You can argue that people should use authentication etc. to protect their accounts, but once a third party starts handling sensitive account information, all bets are off.
What if someone manages to hack gw2lfg and have it logging keystrokes?

I could keep hypothesising for a while here, but I think you should get the gist by now.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tondrin.7806

Tondrin.7806

I’d like an LFG system, more refined than that of “Anarchy Online’s” or That of this game’s predecessor “Guild Wars.”

I think it also needs a REALLY solid place on the GUI if it’s implimented.

I’d like to be able to search by a characters level, desired area of interest, and notes for groups reqs/needs/wants/preferences.

All filtered with a dropdown menu and checkboxes

Ya know, shiny bells and whistles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Pretty decent point.
To add to this, I’d like to quote myself from another thread a few weeks ago:

Made me laugh just now when I went to the gw2lfg.com site and the main advert banner was a link to a gold selling site.

Scary… but, I would never have known about those banners because I have script blocking plug-ins running on all browsers. That, plus a variety of malware, spyware and virus detection software helps one sleep better at night…

The fact remains: By relying on third parties for (what should be) a fundamental in-game capability, you open the door for malicious individuals to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting or naive.

Looking at the replies in threads like these two things become apparent:
The apologists will remain apologetic.
The final LFG tool will be delivered, when it’s ready.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I don’t know what this thread is about … I’ve been using the LFG tool for months… It works pretty well and I don’t think a.net has anything to add to it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

I can spell exaggeration. You obviously can’t.

And no, it’s not exaggeration. It should never have been possible in the first place.
This could genuinely balloon into online bullying and harassment, purely because players exasperated at the lack of LFG tools in game have resorted to using one outside the game and therefore out of ArenaNet’s control.

There are also unforeseen consequences.

This trolling is just the first example of someone exploiting gw2lfg.
Other things may follow; for example how secure is gw2lfg? What if someone was able to hack the site and link IP addresses and character names? Is there a possible account security problem here?

You can argue that people should use authentication etc. to protect their accounts, but once a third party starts handling sensitive account information, all bets are off.
What if someone manages to hack gw2lfg and have it logging keystrokes?

I could keep hypothesising for a while here, but I think you should get the gist by now.

Bullying and harassment are not security holes. Saying I can’t spell something because I’m typing fast while doing other things…particularly in a program with a spell checker, shows that you have to resort to personal insult. Could it be because you have no valid arguement? I find that’s often the case.

A security hole is something that threatens security. Like if someone could get your password, and hack your account. How this is a security hole, I can’t imagine, though obviously it can be used for griefing. There are ways to grief people in Guild Wars 2 right now and I don’t know a whole lot of people who call it a security hole.

I mean pretty much everyone who logs on here, has their account name public anyway. I’m not sure how character names make that any worse. You don’t log into a game with your character name, after all.

in Suggestions

Mungrul.9358

You didn’t read the rest of my post, you just saw the “insult” and fired off a response.
If you’d read it, you would see how gw2lfg could possibly be a security threat.
And that spelling flame was too easy, I couldn’t resist. I was responding in kind as I found the tone of your post disrespectful and unnecessarily inflammatory, let alone ignorant.

Again, gw2lfg is a third-party site not controlled by ArenaNet. We have no idea of how secure the site is or whether it may be utilised to exploit their users. Hackers are clever if they see that there might be money to be made.

Gold sellers advertise over there, and gold sellers are proven account security risks. While some sellers out there may be “genuine”, the vast majority will attempt to steal your account if you buy through them.

Not everyone is savvy to the ins-and-outs of internet security, and I can guarantee that some visitors to gw2lfg will be clicking through the gold seller’s banner ads. At this point they’ve opened themselves up to malicious software installation.

When they get to the gold seller’s site, they will probably be asked to create an account.
A lot of people will use the same password for the account on the gold seller’s website as they use for the game. It’s a tragedy that people are still so ill-educated about internet security, but them’s the facts.

And you still say gw2lfg being a security risk is an exaggeration?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Have not seen a single group looking for another or a dungeon, have not seen a any groups at all ever really. The only time I have grouped in 58 levels is with my fiance.

Not having a LFG tool makes dungeons pointless.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

You didn’t read the rest of my post, you just saw the “insult” and fired off a response.
If you’d read it, you would see how gw2lfg could possibly be a security threat.
And that spelling flame was too easy, I couldn’t resist. I was responding in kind as I found the tone of your post disrespectful and unnecessarily inflammatory, let alone ignorant.

Again, gw2lfg is a third-party site not controlled by ArenaNet. We have no idea of how secure the site is or whether it may be utilised to exploit their users. Hackers are clever if they see that there might be money to be made.

Gold sellers advertise over there, and gold sellers are proven account security risks. While some sellers out there may be “genuine”, the vast majority will attempt to steal your account if you buy through them.

Not everyone is savvy to the ins-and-outs of internet security, and I can guarantee that some visitors to gw2lfg will be clicking through the gold seller’s banner ads. At this point they’ve opened themselves up to malicious software installation.

When they get to the gold seller’s site, they will probably be asked to create an account.
A lot of people will use the same password for the account on the gold seller’s website as they use for the game. It’s a tragedy that people are still so ill-educated about internet security, but them’s the facts.

And you still say gw2lfg being a security risk is an exaggeration?

The information you put on that site is your character name. That’s it. The account name is what you use to log in. I said this in my response. So if you can get someone’s account name from here, how is having a character name worse?

Anyone who wants to hack an account and needs info on how to log in just needs to come here.

Honestly why ignore the part of my post when I did respond do you? As far as offensive, I’m not the one who’s calling people names.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

when this is put in game i look forward to hearing ‘’community has dissapeared’’ posts ‘’beacuse of LFG tooL!’’

- mark my words.

in Suggestions

Aeonblade.8709

when this is put in game i look forward to hearing ‘’community has dissapeared’’ posts ‘’beacuse of LFG tooL!’’

- mark my words.

Well using this logic one assumes there is already a community. Even now most people don’t function outside their guilds, I don’t see being able to actually do things with other people changing this for this worse.

Long story short, LFG tool only helped Rift’s community IMO, I don’t see why it would have a different effect here.

in Suggestions

Mungrul.9358

The information you put on that site is your character name. That’s it. The account name is what you use to log in. I said this in my response. So if you can get someone’s account name from here, how is having a character name worse?

Anyone who wants to hack an account and needs info on how to log in just needs to come here.

Honestly why ignore the part of my post when I did respond do you? As far as offensive, I’m not the one who’s calling people names.

Again ignoring the wood for the trees.
I’ve provided you with a non-standard vector of attack that is the most likely to work and WILL be catching some users of gw2lfg and you’ve chosen to ignore it.

I’ve stated how gw2lfg is a security risk. If you really want to know, read my previous post, and properly this time. If you need more information, Google phishing. I’m done here.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

- mark my words.

By the time that happens, there’ll be a looking for group tool. In case you haven’t heard, Anet is hiring. The game is healthy. It’s doing fine. And looking for group tool is in progress…far enough for them to have mentioned it.

So if like five guys leave because they’re too impatient to wait for it? So what?

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

I’ve provided you with a non-standard vector of attack that is the most likely to work and WILL be catching some users of gw2lfg and you’ve chosen to ignore it.

I’ve stated how gw2lfg is a security risk. If you really want to know, read my previous post, and properly this time. If you need more information, Google phishing. I’m done here.

It’s not a security risk, no matter what you say. Getting player names is as easy as logging into the game and looking around. That’s it.

You can vector all the attacks you want, but you’re being ridiculous.

in Suggestions

Cameirus.8407

Okay it wasn’t said here, but it’s been said in several other threads. My point is many games, triple A games launched without one.

And guess what? Anet does have a looking for group tool, of sorts, in this game. You can flag yourself as looking for group and people can see you as flagged as looking for group. It’s been in since launch. It’s not a great looking for group tool,. but cut the crap about Anet not having one in at launch. What they don’t have at launch is the type of LFG tool you want…which is why someone made that website in the first place.

So if Anet said no game should launch without an LFG tool and they included one, you’re out of line anyway.

But it’s a sucky one. They’re doing what they’ve done with everything else. Launched too early and play catch up. That’s why guesting was late. That’s why the culling solution took so long. That’s why suddenly NPCs can move their lips when they talk.

So stop saying there’s no looking for group tool and say instead that the placeholder looking for group tool isn’t cutting it.

it is a sucky tool, it was sucky in swtor and they realised that quick, and its been sucky in every other game thats tried just flagging.

We really need one,.

I know Anet says its working on it, but I think a little friendly prodding to make sure it stays a priority is not out of order. I’m not haviing a hissy fit over it, but just nudging Anet in that direction

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I don’t know what this thread is about … I’ve been using the LFG tool for months… It works pretty well and I don’t think a.net has anything to add to it.

up until this thread, I didn’t even know about that website, and when looking for a group nobody ever mentioned it. Even talked about with other people over general chat about the need for a lfg tool over the last several month, and still nobody even mentioned this site.

To me, I would say the vast majority of the players do not even know about this site at all. There needs to be one in the game, then the vast majority of the people will know about one, and it will become even easier for everyone to find groups.

in Suggestions

Aeonblade.8709

up until this thread, I didn’t even know about that website, and when looking for a group nobody ever mentioned it. Even talked about with other people over general chat about the need for a lfg tool over the last several month, and still nobody even mentioned this site.

To me, I would say the vast majority of the players do not even know about this site at all. There needs to be one in the game, then the vast majority of the people will know about one, and it will become even easier for everyone to find groups.

Don’t forget the large chunk of us that know about it but refuse to use a 3rd party website for basic MMO features from 2008. I’m glad they are working on it, I’ll finally see a dungeon when it comes out.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Don’t forget the large chunk of us that know about it but refuse to use a 3rd party website for basic MMO features from 2008. I’m glad they are working on it, I’ll finally see a dungeon when it comes out.

Is it really so bad to join a guild…because that functionality has been in game since launch, making it easy for some of us to find dungeon parties without a third party site at all.

in Suggestions

Villious.8530

Mungrul, many of us here understand clearly what you are saying when it come to the risk. You can’t argue with a narcissist. Some people love to argue just for the sake of arguing. Players here have expressed very valid reasons why this game should have a built in LFG tool. Just because other games didn’t release with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be there upon release. It’s much more wise when we learn from others mistakes.

But, we’ve got to give credit where credit is due. He truly is a champion among champions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Is it really so bad to join a guild…because that functionality has been in game since launch, making it easy for some of us to find dungeon parties without a third party site at all.

hard to find good guilds. Seems like the vast majority of guilds out there are crap.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Mungrul, many of us here understand clearly what you are saying when it come to the risk. You can’t argue with a narcissist. Some people love to argue just for the sake of arguing. Players here have expressed very valid reasons why this game should have a built in LFG tool. Just because other games didn’t release with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be there upon release. It’s much more wise when we learn from others mistakes.

But, we’ve got to give credit where credit is due. He truly is a champion among champions.

I’ve never said I was against a built in LFG tool. Not once ever. I said people need to be patient, that it’s being worked on, it will get here when it’s working. I said it wasn’t a priority (and I guess Anet agrees with me). If it was a priority, it would be here by now. It’s probably almost here now.

My issue isn’t with having an LFG tool. It’s with the insistence that it has to be now…or yesterday. Or that somehow Anet has failed the public by not having it.

That’s my issue.

in Suggestions

Villious.8530

hard to find good guilds. Seems like the vast majority of guilds out there are crap.

Also, many of us are in very small guilds where everyone is not on at the same time. We have to look for PUGs to fill partial groups, or to find a group if we are alone.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Also, many of us are in very small guilds where everyone is not on at the same time. We have to look for PUGs to fill partial groups, or to find a group if we are alone.

I can understand that. That’s why some people join a larger guild, in addition to their small guild. Some people see that as disloyal, but I don’t. It’s built into the game.

I actually belong to five guilds, but I spend 90% of my time in my main guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Where’s the suggestion, mates?

User was infracted for being awesome.