Anyone think cloaking is too strong in WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: chnet.1832

chnet.1832

In WvW, it’s very common to see 6-8 players attacking mesmer or thief but can’t kill them, then these 6-8 players were killed one by one by that mesmer/thief. I think it’s inbalance to create a skill/effect that enables single player to kill a group of people.

Because of this, I want to suggest a small change to cloaking – just disallow them to “finish” players while cloaking is in effect. They can still do damage to downed players to kill them but they’ll also have to take the risk of hitted by the others while doing that.

Any thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I agree that stomping while invis is overly strong, but remember that they are using a precious skill (usually with a high cooldown) to guarantee that stomp.

in Suggestions

chnet.1832

I think there’re lots of other skills that also have high cooldown but very few can guarantee death of downed target on single strike.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I agree that stomping while invis is overly strong, but remember that they are using a precious skill (usually with a high cooldown) to guarantee that stomp.

This topic has been discussed to death in other threads.

Thief doesn’t need to to waste a precious skill with high cooldown to gain stealth. E.g. black powder + heartseeker + meld in shadow trait + infusion of shadows trait. GG.

Or just you hidden thief trait, which grants 3 seconds of stealth when using steal. Use steal (F1) to teleport to your downed enemy and perform the stealth stomp during that 3 second stealth. GG.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ringinki.4382

Ringinki.4382

Well if you know you are up against a thief and you have a downed person, assuming you equip an aoe skill place it around the downed person and you will interrupt the thief or mesmer. Just play more strategic rather then making the game too easy. Why don’t they just nerf everything in the game that makes it challenging? so we can all click on a target and see who dies first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Because stealth is abused for grieving. That’s why there’s been thread after thread on this topic. And, they’ll continue to be thread after thread until most of the players simply leave the game or they finally change it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

You mean none of those 6 – 8 players had ANY cc at all?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Stealth stomp is fine.

If you wish to remove it, you also need to remove invulnerability stomp, stability stomp, any other class stomp.

If anything invulnerability stomp is more powerful. You cannot do anything to the person stomping until their invulnerability wears off. At least with stealth stomp, you can CC, damage, and fear out of the shadow refuge.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Invulnerable stomp (engi, or ele) is the exact same. You can’t stop it. YES, I do agree stealth stomping is a bit unfair but such a nerf should apply to other factors as well. Stability is also quite lethal in stomping since they cannot be stunned/pulled/feared/knocked back. Stealth isn’t the only problem.

FYI: If 8 (seriosuly? 8 people) cannot down a thief and/or raise a downed ally you have got to l2p. There is simply no other explanation for that lack of teamwork. I can solo a thief on my ranger and end in a stalemate. It’s called knowing your enemy.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

chnet.1832

Or just take away stomp altogether… anyone can explain why stomp is needed in the first place? Is that has any use except in one vs many scenario?