Arena in GW2

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Dear ArenaNet,

I (and lots of other people) would be happy to see an arena-type pvp added to the game. (Quick death matches, maybe even some extra features)
I think many people would like to pvp with just 1 or 2 of his friends in a group, so 2v2 and 3v3 arenas would be a great way to encourage playing PvP. It’d be a lot less harder to organise a full team, and wouldn’t take much time to play a match.
Also, a rating system would help motivating people(faster to get better looking gear with higher rating), as well as letting you play with equally talented foes.
Moreover, I know many people who play WoW, just because they can play arena there, and there isn’t such in GW2.

I’m also curious about the players opinions.

Thank your for your work, it’s an amazing game, please do this even better.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

GW2 needs Duels, Open World PvP (in mid-high lvl maps , 40+ or so) and yes, Arenas, even 1×1 matches. Then, this game will be perfect.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyr.7890

Tyr.7890

I too would love arenas, SO LONG AS there are no specific arena rewards that aren’t obtainable via standard spvp. I love arena style gameplay, but this game isn’t balanced around that type of combat. It’s balanced around 5v5 and WvWvW. I feel that creating too competitive of an atmosphere with special rewards will create a cry for additional arena balance. Lets face it, as experienced ex-WoW players, we all know the glaring issues of balancing for battlegrounds vs an arena playstyle.

Nonetheless, I’d take arena in any way, shape, or form.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Kicker.8203

In sPvP it’s not 5v5 most of the time, but more like 2v2 and 3v3.

All they did in wow, was to forbid the usage of very long cooldowned skills(like 10 min), so I don’t think it would be a problem for GW2.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

this PvP arena should be placed in Open World one in each race city so there will be 5 different styles. They has this in GW1 but not many people participated in it because the system there was flawed.
Also these arenas should have spectators for those who like to support the fighters
The game modes will be like in those combat games Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and Mortal Kombat: championship, 1v1, 2v2, 1 vs many in a row, etc.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyr.7890

Tyr.7890

In sPvP it’s not 5v5 most of the time, but more like 2v2 and 3v3.

All they did in wow, was to forbid the usage of very long cooldowned skills(like 10 min), so I don’t think it would be a problem for GW2.

That’s true. I could see with elites disabled and any if the revive signets or other spells disabled it could be a lot of fun. I would love if they did ranked ladders for this. Hell, wow was terribly balanced and it was still fun for the most part.

I think it would also help players learn the finer points in Pvp. In WvWvW and spvp there can be so much going in it can be hard to keep up with for new players. The smaller, yet more intricate battles would really emphasize each professions skills and help one to learn them through and through. Also I think a deathmatch style game could be quite fun and 2v2 and 3v3 arena (maybe 1v1 too for dueling?) would be the place for it. Spvp deathmatch battlegrounds might be a bit too clustered.

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

We have duels, 2v2 and 3v3 are possible by joining empty hotjoin servers…

Open world PvP will never happen, ever. It can’t and shouldn’t, as PvP has always been it’s own separate sport in Guild Wars.

Really though, PvP is balanced around 5 man teams. Smaller groups would be simply overrun by particular classes, larger groups are a mess.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

4vs4 arenas or a random arena like in gw1 with 4vs 4

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

You have 4v4 and random…. All in hotjoins….

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Kicker.8203

You have 4v4 and random…. All in hotjoins….

It’s not 4v4, but 5v5 and it’s nothing to do with arenas. The nice thing about arena is that you can join with your partner(s), it’s more exciting because you have to stay alive, but it isn’t about camping at one spot, etc (mentioned lots of reasons before).

Arena in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vik.9617

Vik.9617

GW2 needs Duels, Open World PvP (in mid-high lvl maps , 40+ or so) and yes, Arenas, even 1×1 matches. Then, this game will be perfect.

Open world PvP is what WvW is for and that is IMO perfect as it is, some players prefer to play the game without having to worry about ganking rouges behind every corner. I do however agree on the 1vs1 matches maybe an arena like the one in black citadel could be used for this. Would have been awesome if the added a replayable survival mode here as well.