Arenanet Fundamentally At Fault.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tesena.1075

Tesena.1075

If you want to reply to this post after you have read it, specify in your post exactly what you comment on, and why you comment on it. Give true and rational reasons for why it is as you say. Be as rational as can be, and really think about what you are replying to and how relevant your words are to what you are commenting on

I do not accept meaningless replies.

Meaningless: Comments that do not have relevance to the subject, comments that is not true, comments that is based on assumption that is at fault. When the assumption is at fault, what you write is inexistent and therefore meaningless.

Rewarding
The main problem with Gw2 is that rewarding is at its core at fault. Yes, it is at fault. All items are reachable for every player regardless their skill level.

Skill level explanation: How knowledgeable a player is about his / others profession and the encounter he / she is about to face. How fast a player reacts, generally, how good a player is able to play and use his / her abilities at the correct time. This explanation is very easy to understand, and very hard to not comprehend, if you do however comment on it for fun, it will be replied back to with “SL – Meaningless”

I will later talk about items from Mystic Forge, but for now, I will talk about items that drops for players in the Fractal system.

Fractal system is at fault – Rewarding
The main problem about rewarding when it comes to the Fractal system is that if you are on scale 30 you can still get the same weapon skins, rares, exotics and materials as you get on scale 70 +. The problem with this is that on higher scale it is more difficult to get through so this should be rewarded accordingly. This is one example that reflects my previous statement, that guild wars 2 rewarding system is at fault, because no matter how good you are of a player, you will not be rewarded more for your efforts than a player that is not that good.

Explanation of a player that is not that good: A player who,-
- Do not adapt to the situation.
- Do not change gear, traits, utilities, weapons and accessories to benefit the encounter.
- Do not react fast to incoming damage or other mechanics.
- Do not follow group rotations (Absorb and reflect fields)
- Do not use ability combinations correctly and who do not look for combofields when in a group.
Sure there are many more criterions could be added, these are just a few important once.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

That players receive equal reward is one of the main problems with the Fractal reward system. Arenanet spits on the very foundation of the concept “Rewarding.” The more effort you give, the more you should gain. That is the very foundation of rewarding in life. (I do acknowledge that this principle is not present in many important aspects of people’s lives, and that it is not present is not right, it is not just) Arenanets way of rewarding when it comes to character progression is an illusion, it is a lie. (Not talking about getting better stats on gear, hold your horses) I am mostly talking about the accessibility for all people of very different skill levels to get the same look on the gear. This should not be!

That is not the only problem with the fractal reward system either. The whole system is at fault because it is based on RNG.

(Random Number Generation. If you did not know)
The very problem with this system is the endgame RNG (Includes Fractals daily chests). The Fractal skins you can get is, axe skin, sword skin, geatsword skin, scepter skin, torch skin etc… In addition, you cannot do anything with them unless you make a new character, level it to 80 and put it on that character. There is NO WAY you can benefit from this reward on the character where you either already have the skin, or you are not able to use the weapon because of your profession. This results in taking up bag / bank slots that you can use for other means. The same problem occurs with the rings that drops. (I will not repeat the problem again)

You may also never get the weapon skin you want, just because the random generated numbers “do not favor your wishes.”

Solution: Remove all skin drops and ring drops from daily chest. Give materials, tokens, and relics instead in the daily chest. (Token works very much like relics. It is a value you can buy something else with) Put up vendors that sells Fractal weapon skins. (Vendors with Fractal rings is already in its place)

Solution to people who already have Fractal weapon skins they cannot use: Let us exchange them for other weapon skins at a vendor.

In addition we cannot reward players that are on X level (let us say 20) with a Fractal skin weapon, because it should require a higher fractal scale to obtain these weapons. Not every player should be able to get these skins because; then in reality, there is no reward. You should reward people for their efforts and their ability to conquer, not reward them simply because they exist and sleep through a Fractal dungeon.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Fractal difficulty: Before I go into this I first have to consider,-
Question one: Was Fractals intended to go above 50 or was this just weak programming?
Question two: Was it intended for us to reach scale above 50 this fast or in later patches because of agony resistance limitations?

Question one explanation: If we were never intended to go above 50, this whole system is so unbelievably crap. There is no challenge what so ever before scale 50, it is a complete joke. (For the player who think it is of great challenge, you do not know better, because you have not been above 50, or you are just not that good of a player. A third possibility is that you have not found a good group yet. Anyhow, all these examples have one important thing in common; they all point to your lack of knowledge about what truly is challenging.) I do understand and I do acknowledge that what I just said can be interpret or understood as quite rude. However, I do not intend to hide my self behind soft and kind words. In many situations in life, it is better to use such kind and soft words to preserve something / someone and give positive reinforcement. In this case, I do not choose to do so because I find the need to display the reality, the truth as it is, no matter how blunt and horrid it may look.

Fractals should not stop at 50 because of agony resistance limitations, its way to early. You may think right now; why is it too early? It is too early because the difficulty of it is an insult to half-decent gamers. The second reason why it is too early is that you will not get the items you want from it before you reach 50. This results in that you have to repeat this scale repeatedly to get what you want without any progression. Third reason why it should not stop at 50 is that it gives less room for player improvement.

(Go back up and read question two) Question two explanation: If it was intended for us to reach further than fractal 50 in later patches, it is clearly a weak / wrong programming with the Fractal system. In addition, if we were meant to reach further, when were we intended to do so? Without much struggle, we could pass it with the gear / skill level people are at now… This raises a question; how much do they have to increase the difficulty of the fractal system when we already are able to knock it on its behind and drag it after us while we laugh. I do not mean to increase the difficulty before scale 50 or even 60 as it is of now, but maybe after 70. It has to increase in other various ways than only mob HP, I do not think it is correct to decrease the damage the mobs receive because it gives the impression that the players get weaker without actually doing so, mobs damage (instant gibing people with 1 hit is not correct I believe, but abilities that is clearly noticeable should be unforgiveable and kill you in 1 hit.)

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Earlier in this post I mentioned RNG, from that I would also like to go onto legendary precursors. I do believe Arenanet will do something about the accessibility of these items. However, I do not have any specific insights on how this will be executed. I am not going to talk much about this matter because it has a clear reasoning why legendry’s is based on RNG. Because they are intended to be accessible for all kind of people through the Mystic forge. It is not in the first place based on the idea of conquering a challenge. Therefore, it becomes more acceptable. However, I do not like the idea, and I do not accept it as my wish. If it were up to me, I would never have designed it on RNG. However, this is not a big concern of mine and I do not want it to be focused on in this post. (If you do however focus on this in your reply, I will reply to you with; “Legendary – irrelevant.”)

Mystic Forge
I do not wish to talk about the mystic forge rewarding system either because it requires no skillful play to obtain items from it. It is by itself a system that have excluded itself from the foundation of rewarding, it does not deceive, you accept that you might get something good, or you might get something useless, and it requires no effort. (Generally such systems that requires no effort for great gain I do not fancy, but I tolerate the system based on its terms)

Dungeons
I do not have much concern about dungeons, the dungeon rewarding system do not deceive you, and it clearly specify what you get for your effort (You may ask; what do you mean by “deceiving?” By deceiving, I mean that you clearly know what you will gain for before you enter the dungeon; the reward does not deceive you). However, there are a few problems with dungeons that could and will be addressed in upcoming patches. I write this small paragraph about dungeons to express that it is not an important topic, but a topic that have been mentioned.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

World Vs World
There are many issues with world vs world. First, we can start with culling. The issue is under maintenance by Arenanet, so there is not much need right now to talk about it, even though it is a big problem that makes wvw less fun. (If you do not know what “Culling” is, culling is when you only load some players and leave many unloaded but still exists in the battle, to say it simply.)

Dependent on others in WvW is an issue.
Another problem with WvW is that you are heavily dependent on others. Nevertheless, I (Kunst – Guardian – Desolation) do manage to conquer castles solo. This includes taking down a wall solo, killing the castle champion solo and taking over the castle solo. This of course takes time and you have to be sneaky. If there was a way to scale castle wall / gate HP accordingly with the players in the area and the lumber needed to create a catapult / trebuchet etc, you as a single player would be able to appreciate WvW much more. You as an individual player would feel more useful. You do not have to follow a zerg train with many players where you do not actually have to pay attention or play to your potential, all you have to do is to follow the shepherd as the sheep you are. This would also make people spread out in the map instead of having a pre-decided route you follow for your karma train.

Essence of the post
The main concern of this post is the end game content for PvE.
The essence does not include,-
- Events in Orr
- WvW
- Structured PvP
- Other events that’s in the world

Main topic clarification
The main topic of this post is end game content that requires skilful play (Already defined what skilful play is) and how Arenanet rips high scale Fractal players off by giving us the same rewards as people on Fractals below 50.

The post has other sub suggestions and I have specified what sub concept is important and what sub concept is not important.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Comment anticipation
In this paragraph, I anticipate some of the comments that will probably show up and I will answer them in this paragraph.

Comment 1: If you are bored, why don’t you build your character differently? Alternatively, play another profession? Or play another game?

Answer 1: I have tried all builds that is viable for my profession, I always change my traits, gear, weapons, accessories, and utilities to fit the encounter the best way. Anyhow, how would it be more fun or more rewarding to change to another build when you already have the ideal build for the content that is out there? I would consider the question (If you are bored, why don’t you build your character differently?) meaningless. It is so because changing your build is a necessity as a good player. In the end, you do not do it because it is fun. It is like saying: Why don’t you play without traits to make it harder. It is not about that at all and it is stupid. It is about building your character to become strong and conquer challenging content and being equally rewarded for doing so.

Comment 2: Your reply: “If you don’t like the end game, go do something else or play another game”

Answer 2: I will reply to you with “Reply meaningless.” This is about improving the game Arenanet have created. When you express such a reply, it indicates that you are not willing to improve the world, not willing to make it better.

Comment 3: Guild wars 2 is not meant to be a game for hardcore players.

Answer 3: How do you know this to be true? Show me exactly where Arenanet have stated this. In addition, why can’t it be a game where we have one arena for casuals and one arena for hardcore players? No the answer to this last question is not: Because it would be a gear difference. To change gear stats is not my goal.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Casuals / Hardcore
In the end of this post, I would like to talk a little about Casual Gamers. I want you to understand that I do not want to exclude you from the game. That is not my intentions at all. It is a strong idea that if you include a group, you would automatically exclude the other group. I will give you an example

/ Casuals —-—— /———-Hardcore /

If you push from left to right, it include casuals and you will automatically exclude hardcore by pushing them over the line (/ <— the line) and vice versa.

The only way to handle this problem is to work on two platforms within the same game.

/ Casuals ———- / (Can’t be pushed over the edge because there is no end line)
/ Hardcore ———- / (Can’t be pushed over the edge because there is no end line)

I want Arenanet to work on two different arenas. One arena for Casuals and one arena for Hardcore, but reward us differently for the effort we put it, because that is the very foundation of rewarding. One example of this is the Fractal system with difficulty scaling. If only Arenanet had rewarded people equally for their efforts, it would not have excluded anyone. This is where tier comes in. I am not talking about Tiers with different stats, instead tier of different gear looks. Tier 1 for people who are casuals and tier 2 for people who are hardcore.

To reward means to not reward some people based on theirs and others efforts. If you deny this fact, it is like denying your ability to think. (Why it is like so: Because it is right, it is just to reward people equally for their efforts and abilities to preform)

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Summary
- Be as rational and as relevant as can be when you comment. (If you are at fault there, I will reply to you: Meaningless, Reason: . . .
- Definition: Meaningless.
- Skill level explanation.
- Rewarding in Gw2. Arenanet spits on the very foundation of rewarding.
- Fractal system rewarding at fault
- Players who are not that good. Explanation.
- RNG
- Mystic Forge
- Dungeons
- World Vs World
- Essence of the post
- Comment anticipation
- Casual gamers / Hardcore Gamers, content relevance.

If you want to reply to this post after you have read it, specify in your post exactly what you comment on, and why you comment on it, give true and rational reasons for why it is as you say. Be as rational as can be, and really think about what you are replying to and how relevant your words are to what you are commenting on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I’m commenting on the title.

It’s you, not Arenanet, who are at fault for expecting this game to be exactly the way you want it.

I suggest a title change if you want anyone to take what you have to say seriously.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Fractal system is at fault – Rewarding
The main problem about rewarding when it comes to the Fractal system is that if you are on scale 30 you can still get the same weapon skins, rares, exotics and materials as you get on scale 70 +. The problem with this is that on higher scale it is more difficult to get through so this should be rewarded accordingly. This is one example that reflects my previous statement, that guild wars 2 rewarding system is at fault, because no matter how good you are of a player, you will not be rewarded more for your efforts than a player that is not that good.

I’ll simply address this one…..

Fractals are already one of/if not the most rewarding areas of the game. Fractal rewards are not limited to fractal weapons/rings, both btw are tis anyways. As a player progresses up in fractals their quality of loot increases already, but there has to be a point where dr kicks in (this is one place where I accept dr). If not then hypothetically at some point every drop would be a precursor.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamDunc.2137

JamDunc.2137

I’m probably going to be one of the only people to reply to this because of your harsh criteria for replying, which almost makes your whole post ‘meaningless’, if you make it so hard to get a debate on.

I’m not entirely sure how to define which parts I’m commenting on so be patient with me.

First to classify myself, I would consider myself more of a casual nowadays, although a few years ago I would have been classed as hardcore (the initial WoW MC raiding days). Unfortunately, my career took a turn and now I fid myself away from home for 6 months of the year, so the other 6 I have to fit everything in which includes gaming.

As such, I only got my first level 80 last week, although since then I also levelled up a second 80 via crafting (I can afford gems which helps me get the mats which my time limitations don’t allow me). So my knowledge on Dungeons, Fractals and Legendaries is limited.

I do agree with your point about the need for different rewards between levels of fractals, especially as you get higher. I’m currently on level 3, so not in the same league as you.

I also agree with your point about WvW being a zerg-fest, and I did like your analogy to sheep and a shepherd. That does indeed ring true, but how would you change it. Just bringing it up as a complaint in a suggestions forum goes against the very title of this forum.

The thing that made me want to reply most of all though was your seeming derision of anyone who doesn’t play like you. Arenanet has done a great job at making this game accessible to all.

I have read stories on Reddit about children as young as 5 playing this game and sitting waiting to be resurrected, because they know someone eventually will. I have never heard of a game like this before and Arenanet need to be applauded for this. But then tell that 5 year old they can’t have an armor set that they like the look of because they can’t do level 790 fractals.

Or in my case, I won’t get to level 50 fractals or do most of the dungeons because most of the time, there are only me and 2 of my friends online and we struggle to find people to come join us in a dungeon (that is one thing WoW did better with the LFG finder). Also I don’t have the time to put into it like you and others do. But Arenanet made a game for everyone (except it seems the hardcore minority). I can get nice looking armor, nice dyes, it may just take me longer and with a bit of luck (RNG-wise).

And let’s not forget that Arenanet are a business first and foremost, they need the game to be accessible to everyone so they can survive. Why should they make two games when 99% like it as it is. Those other games that reward skill are out there, like DOTA2 or LoL and from the sounds of it, you’d fit in with their communities very nicely. And that isn’t a compliment.

So was that meaningless? Or was it just someone with a differing opinion and as such you don’t agree with?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CodeE.4857

CodeE.4857

This reply is meaningless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The thing is you can’t put hardcore and casual on two different levels. Because it’s a scale. A person might be 5% hardcore and 95% casual. Or 50%.

What if a person was hardcore but then time constraints get put on him and he becomes a casual? How would the game then account for that? Is he stuck on the hardcore client where he’ll have slow progress because he doesn’t have the time to research the changes in builds or time to run dungeons all that often anymore? Can he switch to the casual side without it becoming too easy for him?

What if he’s a hardcore WvW’er but likes doing dungeon runs once in a blue moon but he would fall on the casual side of dungeon players? Which client should he be on? The casual one where he’ll be bored in WvW? Or the hardcore one where he’ll only get into a dungeon once in a blue moon when someone decides they’ll let the casual in for the ride?

Due to the nature of the fact that casual and hardcore are two ends of one scale, you can’t split them up into two clients without causing more problems.

Now, could ANet add in a few new ways to do things that actually do require skill and cater to the most hardcore players? Yes. Give it a really really neat skin to reward the players who actually get the item by that path or a high value achievement. But only if there is a way to get it that event he casual player who doesn’t have the best build can do. Because ANet has said that the best stat gear will be obtainable by all.

And if you couldn’t guess, I’m talking mostly about the casual/hardcore issue. Since you said I had to label what it is I’m commenting on though my word choice in my reply should have made it clear as day what I’m talking about.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

I’m probably going to be one of the only people to reply to this because of your harsh criteria for replying, which almost makes your whole post ‘meaningless’, if you make it so hard to get a debate on.

The critieron to reply on this post leaves smaller room for irrational thinking. Irrational thinking and untrue dabating is not a virtue I appreciate. It does not make my post meaningless at all, it improves the quality of it, because as I just said, it makes less room for irrational thinking.

Quoting you “I also agree with your point about WvW being a zerg-fest, and I did like your analogy to sheep and a shepherd. That does indeed ring true, but how would you change it. Just bringing it up as a complaint in a suggestions forum goes against the very title of this forum.”

I already answered your question here: But how would you change it?
Answer: Another problem with WvW is that you are heavily dependent on others. Nevertheless, I (Kunst – Guardian – Desolation) do manage to conquer castles solo. This includes taking down a wall solo, killing the castle champion solo and taking over the castle solo. This of course takes time and you have to be sneaky. If there was a way to scale castle wall / gate HP accordingly with the players in the area and the lumber needed to create a catapult / trebuchet etc, you as a single player would be able to appreciate WvW much more. You as an individual player would feel more useful. You do not have to follow a zerg train with many players where you do not actually have to pay attention or play to your potential, all you have to do is to follow the shepherd as the sheep you are. This would also make people spread out in the map instead of having a pre-decided route you follow for your karma train.

Quoting you The thing that made me want to reply most of all though was your seeming derision of anyone who doesn’t play like you. Arenanet has done a great job at making this game accessible to all.

Quoted answer: In the end of this post, I would like to talk a little about Casual Gamers. I want you to understand that I do not want to exclude you from the game. That is not my intentions at all. Qoute ended

Added answer I do not expect everyone to be as experienced or as skillful as top notch players, thats quite deluded if someone thought so. All I expect is that we do not get rewarded the same for different effort. I don’t have any problems with casual gamers.

Quoting youI have read stories on Reddit about children as young as 5 playing this game and sitting waiting to be resurrected, because they know someone eventually will. I have never heard of a game like this before and Arenanet need to be applauded for this. But then tell that 5 year old they can’t have an armor set that they like the look of because they can’t do level 790 fractals. Quote ended

You still encourage the idea of rewarding people without any effort. You use a sympathic card to make your point more acceptable. Denied

Quoting you Or in my case, I won’t get to level 50 fractals or do most of the dungeons because most of the time, there are only me and 2 of my friends online and we struggle to find people to come join us in a dungeon (that is one thing WoW did better with the LFG finder). Quote ended

Answer: Meaningless, untrue (if you are updated with your opportunities)
Use www.gw2lfg.com Its easy and its fast, its hard to not find members if you go to this website and put up a LFG and you go to the dungeon you want to do in the game and write in the /m chat LFM etc.

Quoting you Also I don’t have the time to put into it like you and others do. But Arenanet made a game for everyone (except it seems the hardcore minority). I can get nice looking armor, nice dyes, it may just take me longer and with a bit of luck (RNG-wise).

My answer Meaningless, reason: You will get nice looking armor, just not the armor skin that skillful players who do put effort into their playing should get.

Quoting you Those other games that reward skill are out there, like DOTA2 or LoL and from the sounds of it, you’d fit in with their communities very nicely. And that isn’t a compliment. Quote endedMeaningless

My Quoted answer
Answer 2: This is about improving the game Arenanet have created. When you express such a reply, it indicates that you are not willing to improve the world, not willing to make it better.

quoting you So was that meaningless? Or was it just someone with a differing opinion and as such you don’t agree with?[/quote]

My answer: Yes meaningless. Many issues already adressed.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

The thing is you can’t put hardcore and casual on two different levels. Because it’s a scale. A person might be 5% hardcore and 95% casual. Or 50%.

Quoting you What if a person was hardcore but then time constraints get put on him and he becomes a casual? How would the game then account for that? Is he stuck on the hardcore client where he’ll have slow progress because he doesn’t have the time to research the changes in builds or time to run dungeons all that often anymore? Can he switch to the casual side without it becoming too easy for him?

My answer: It seems that you did not think fully through this paragraph. If a player have been hardcore and have gotten many items, he deserves these items because he have conquered the hard challenges he needed to conquer to get them. If he did at one time put efforts into getting them, he deserves them.

If this is what you really mean, I find that confusing and a bit disturbing.

Quoting you What if he’s a hardcore WvW’er but likes doing dungeon runs once in a blue moon but he would fall on the casual side of dungeon players? Which client should he be on? The casual one where he’ll be bored in WvW? Or the hardcore one where he’ll only get into a dungeon once in a blue moon when someone decides they’ll let the casual in for the ride?

My answer If you’ve only done wvw in your gaming time of course you do not deserve to get all Fractal weapons on scale 30. We are not talking about two dimentions or two clients, we’re talking about two arenas within the same game.

Qouted from my post In addition we cannot reward players that are on X level (let us say 20) with a Fractal skin weapon, because it SHOULD require a higher fractal scale to obtain these weapons. Not every player should be able to get these skins because; then in reality, there is no reward. You should reward people for their efforts and their ability to conquer, not reward them simply because they exist and sleep through a Fractal dungeon.

Quoting you Due to the nature of the fact that casual and hardcore are two ends of one scale, you can’t split them up into two clients without causing more problems.

My answer Yes you can, you just need to reward them justfully. This you precise in your next paragraph that starts like this: Now, could ANet add in a few etc….[/quote]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I do not accept your terms. Fortunately the forums accept mine…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Quoting you What if a person was hardcore but then time constraints get put on him and he becomes a casual? How would the game then account for that? Is he stuck on the hardcore client where he’ll have slow progress because he doesn’t have the time to research the changes in builds or time to run dungeons all that often anymore? Can he switch to the casual side without it becoming too easy for him?

My answer: It seems that you did not think fully through this paragraph. If a player have been hardcore and have gotten many items, he deserves these items because he have conquered the hard challenges he needed to conquer to get them. If he did at one time put efforts into getting them, he deserves them.

If this is what you really mean, I find that confusing and a bit disturbing.

Quoting you What if he’s a hardcore WvW’er but likes doing dungeon runs once in a blue moon but he would fall on the casual side of dungeon players? Which client should he be on? The casual one where he’ll be bored in WvW? Or the hardcore one where he’ll only get into a dungeon once in a blue moon when someone decides they’ll let the casual in for the ride?

My answer If you’ve only done wvw in your gaming time of course you do not deserve to get all Fractal weapons on scale 30. We are not talking about two dimentions or two clients, we’re talking about two arenas within the same game.

Qouted from my post In addition we cannot reward players that are on X level (let us say 20) with a Fractal skin weapon, because it SHOULD require a higher fractal scale to obtain these weapons. Not every player should be able to get these skins because; then in reality, there is no reward. You should reward people for their efforts and their ability to conquer, not reward them simply because they exist and sleep through a Fractal dungeon.

Quoting you Due to the nature of the fact that casual and hardcore are two ends of one scale, you can’t split them up into two clients without causing more problems.

My answer Yes you can, you just need to reward them justfully. This you precise in your next paragraph that starts like this: Now, could ANet add in a few etc….

[/quote]

You aren’t reading my post either.

If you had two arenas, then one would be harder than another. Right?

So hardcore player playing in the hardcore arena with the harder difficulty suddenly doesn’t have the time anymore to do the hardcore arenas due to real life getting in the way.

So he’s forced to do some combination of the following:

• Make slow progress in the hardcore arena. And not getting on that often either since he doesn’t have the time.
  • Do the casual arena and be bored to death due to it being so easy. And not be able to progress on his gear because it’s only available in the hardcore arena.

To me that’s a bad system. Because then it punishes people who prefer the hardcore side of things for having this thing called a busy life.

And it divides the population and would create elitism. “Oh, I play on the hardcore arena. You who play on the casual arena are beneath me and should worship me.” Not saying you would, but you can’t ignore the fact that there would be those players.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

You aren’t reading my post either.

If you had two arenas, then one would be harder than another. Right?

So hardcore player playing in the hardcore arena with the harder difficulty suddenly doesn’t have the time anymore to do the hardcore arenas due to real life getting in the way.

So he’s forced to do some combination of the following:

• Make slow progress in the hardcore arena. And not getting on that often either since he doesn’t have the time.
  • Do the casual arena and be bored to death due to it being so easy. And not be able to progress on his gear because it’s only available in the hardcore arena.

To me that’s a bad system. Because then it punishes people who prefer the hardcore side of things for having this thing called a busy life.

And it divides the population and would create elitism. “Oh, I play on the hardcore arena. You who play on the casual arena are beneath me and should worship me.” Not saying you would, but you can’t ignore the fact that there would be those players.

Yes I did read what you wrote, and I did understand what you meant. The issue here is that you do not comprehend what this is about.

Your concern is that; if a person is hardcore and do not have much time anymore to play he will not finish his gear and have to play with the casuals. This is FUNDAMENTALLY wrong, its not how the reality works.

Lets say you are on Fractal Scale 60 and suddently you do not have much more time to play. The Scale limit of the items you need is 50, you can still get these items by progressing to 65 (even if it is slowly) and then get the wards that is on 65 when you reach that point.

We’re not talking about dividing the population, that is so irrelevant. Deined- meaningless

We’re not talking about two sides either, we’re talking about two scale levels. A lower scale level gets rewarded with tier 1 items while a higher scale level gets rewarded with a tiwer 2 items. It isnt very hard to understand.

Fundamentally You should get rewarded equally to your efforts.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Meaningless

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Meaningless

Pretty much sums up your post.

Fact is, it is ANet who run these forums and not you. It is they who decide if a post is meaningless or not. From reading your five-part essay above and your previous thread that ended up getting locked, it is abundantly clear that you are not interested in a healthy discussion but instead are only interested in replies that support your position.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Meaningless

Fact is, it is ANet who run these forums and not you. It is they who decide if a post is meaningless or not. From reading your five-part essay above and your previous thread that ended up getting locked, it is abundantly clear that you are not interested in a healthy discussion but instead are only interested in replies that support your position.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Pretty much this.

If you make a valid point, such as player skill level, only to have it torn down by your ego claiming it is “meaningless”, then I’m afraid it is your post that ends up being meaningless.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Meaningless

Sorry to disappoint you.

The previous post was intended to get locked, It was a small experiment.
This is their forum, that is correct, but that does not mean people can not correct each others irrationality and give rational reasons for doing so.

I would like for people to prove me wrong with reason and rationality, if someone can just do this I would be happy. My intentions is to get a message out and debate about this in a healthy way, and thats why the criteria is put up. It leaves less room for kitten throwing and irrational thinking.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

Meaningless

Sorry to disappoint you.

Pretty much this.

If you make a valid point, such as player skill level, only to have it torn down by your ego claiming it is “meaningless”, then I’m afraid it is your post that ends up being meaningless.

If you make a valid point that is essentially rational and true. Then its not meaningless. Give me something like this, and I will fully accept it even though if it against what I am writing here.

Just one example..

in Suggestions

Posted by: BRAiNZ.7480

BRAiNZ.7480

I agree, rewards should fit the effort and skill you put into the game, just like a punishment should fit the crime.
It doesn’t look like Arenanet gives a kitten; they just want to keep you grinding as many hours a day as possible.
Blocking off the only hard content in the game (fractals > scale 49) was the final straw for me. I have quit GW2.

in Suggestions

Tesena.1075

I agree, rewards should fit the effort and skill you put into the game, just like a punishment should fit the crime.
It doesn’t look like Arenanet gives a kitten; they just want to keep you grinding as many hours a day as possible.
Blocking off the only hard content in the game (fractals > scale 49) was the final straw for me. I have quit GW2.

2 weeks after lanuch of gw2 my whole guild did the same. We were around 24 members, 23 of them stopped playing because of there was no end game content at all at this time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

First, we would like to ask you to always post in the correct subforum. Mistakes can happen and the mod team is here to move around threads if needed but trying to be a little careful when posting does help us a lot.

Secondly, this thread has derailed into a bunch of flame wars and accusations of “your post is meaningless”. Hence we are closing it. Please refrain from any kind of non constructive behaviour in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.