Armour Skin Duplicators

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Here’s how they’d work and they’re limitations.

Two use a Skin Duplicator you’ll need 2 gears and the duplicator.

Upon activating, choose the skin you want to duplicate.(We’ll call it armour A)

Then choose the gear you want to apply the selected skin to. (We’ll call this one armour B )

The end result will be the that both armour A and B will have the same model, but they’ll keep their individual statistic. If armour A is say a Berzerker’s Duelist’s Mask of Water (Level 80 Exotic), it will remain a Berzerker’s Duelist’s Mask of Water (Level 80 Exotic).

The change is if armour B started out a Cleric’s Whisper’s Mask of Lyssa (Level 43 Fine), it’d become a Cleric’s Duelist’s Mask of Lyssa (Level 43 Fine).

Limitations would be.
-The Duplicator couldn’t do cross weight class. So no giving Light armour the appearance of a heavy armour and such.
-Items that are used with the duplicator become account bound. So you can’t gain anything monetarily through using them. (Asside from not having to go and find another armour with the skin you want.)
-These would be cash shop items akin to Transmutation Stones/Crystals.

The benefit is if you had one, you could use them to transfer the look of one of your armour sets to another. This would be especially useful if you wanted to use your starter item skin on more then one set.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

(edited by Dual.8953)

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

No.

That would devalue and defeat the purpose of Legendaries. Not to mention all of the more expensive exotics.

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Dual.8953

No.

That would devalue and defeat the purpose of Legendaries. Not to mention all of the more expensive exotics.

I meant more it not working on Legendaries. Heck all I’d really want it for armours.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Transmutation stones work just fine thanks. If what your saying is to make an armor or weapon look like another while keeping the stats of another then that’s exactly what the stones are for. They don’t “merge” them.

Säïnt

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Think its more for things like people put the quaggan backpack skins on first level ascended back item and then either get a second gear set they also want the skin on or want to upgrade the ascended back item but don’t want to loose the skin.

Though I can’t see this happening, they’d have to restrict any skins from the gem store, and legendaries and rare/expensive exotics and so on and so forth until the only things left to duplicate are cheap and easy to get again anyway

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Dual.8953

Transmutation stones work just fine thanks. If what your saying is to make an armor or weapon look like another while keeping the stats of another then that’s exactly what the stones are for. They don’t “merge” them.

Here’s my scenario. I just crafted my second armour set, but my char looks off to me without his hood, but the hood is on his other armour set. As things stand if I want another hood I’ll have to role another thief, which means I’ll have to delete one of char or buy another character slot. That or I’ll have to cannabalize the hood off my other set.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Fractal skins cry at this suggestion.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Sadly the one big source for monetizing the game that ANet have right now is fashion. Want to bring that cool looking set over to a different stat build, or duplicate it. Fork over the money for gems so you can buy transmutation crystals (you can’t use stones on level 80 items) or forget about it. As long as there are no subscription option for the game, we won’t see a DCUO style wardrobe of skins, or anything remotely like it, any time soon. Even a “fashion” tab where you can slot items purely for their looks would have been nice, but ANet need to make NCSoft money somehow.

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Dual.8953

Sadly the one big source for monetizing the game that ANet have right now is fashion. Want to bring that cool looking set over to a different stat build, or duplicate it. Fork over the money for gems so you can buy transmutation crystals (you can’t use stones on level 80 items) or forget about it. As long as there are no subscription option for the game, we won’t see a DCUO style wardrobe of skins, or anything remotely like it, any time soon. Even a “fashion” tab where you can slot items purely for their looks would have been nice, but ANet need to make NCSoft money somehow.

What I’m suggesting is a gem item akin to transmutation stones/crystals that simply makes two armours use the same skin. Make one gear in your inventory have the same skin as another gear in your inventory.
eg. With Transmutation stones it’d be, 1 Anonymity Hood of Divinity could be transmuted with a Valkyrie Emblazoned Helm of the Wurm to make 1 Anonymity Hood of the Wurm. 1 helm + 1 helm = 1 helm

What the item I’m proposing would have the outcome of 1 Anonymity Hood of Divinity and 1 Anonymity Hood of Divinity and 1 Valkyrie Anonymity Hood of the Wurm. The Emblazoned Helm would have the same stats but look like an Anonymity Hood; and the Anonymity Hood would not be destroyed in the process.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Hmm I see. While this seems to be very possible to make, it can be easily exploited for monetary gain. What would happen is that people would purchase said duplicator with gems through gold. Then they would duplicate said “Anonymity hood of Divinity” to another item keeping the previous hood and now having a new hood. Thus they can then salvage the new item (since it would be soulbound of course) with a Black Lion Salvage kit acquiring any materials such as possible ectos and upgrades and sell. Profits will then go towards buying more duplicate kits and so the cycle continues. This would be a method of “item duping” and of course put a extensive damper on the market.

Säïnt

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Dual.8953

Hmm I see. While this seems to be very possible to make, it can be easily exploited for monetary gain. What would happen is that people would purchase said duplicator with gems through gold. Then they would duplicate said “Anonymity hood of Divinity” to another item keeping the previous hood and now having a new hood. Thus they can then salvage the new item (since it would be soulbound of course) with a Black Lion Salvage kit acquiring any materials such as possible ectos and upgrades and sell. Profits will then go towards buying more duplicate kits and so the cycle continues. This would be a method of “item duping” and of course put a extensive damper on the market.

Yeah I wasn’t wanting it to copy stats. Just skins. I’ve updated my post to better clarify.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

What are you talking about? GW1 allowed you more than one copy of cosmetic gear and you didn’t have destroy gear to get the look you wanted. There is no reason they can’t do it except greed which IMO is what is destroying this game. I’d rather play single rpg games than deal with this bullkitten.

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

fizzypop.6458

No it wouldn’t. Re-read the suggestion.

Armour Skin Duplicators

in Suggestions

fizzypop.6458

Transmutation stones do in fact merge two items into one. So put it simply you are wrong.