Ascended Gear (Armors)

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

Next level gear requires effort to get so make it worthy to have!
Next level gear must be way better then the last level gear!
Next level gear should have epic skins!
Stop making new stuff and throwing dust to our eyes!

How come we should grind to have this bad skins and worthless stats and spend 50Gold per piece?

Anet please do something about this!!!

Ascended gear its not for casual players its for the player who wants to step up so keep your coments in a box plz.

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

(edited by The Kape.3672)

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deaths Blossom.9364

Deaths Blossom.9364

“How come we should grind to have bad skins and worthless stats…”… if you don’t want it, don’t grind for it. Simple. No one is saying you “should”. Its not for every player, ascended gear should not be a requirement to competitive play.

Better skins I COMPLETELY agree with, but the stats should NOT be far superior. Guild Wars is built on a system where casual gamers can compete with hardcore gamers (besides skill gap).

Ascended gear being “way better [than] the last level gear” stat-wise would make casual players in exotic gear, without means to get ascended gear, obsolete. LFG’s would read “pst gear, ascended only” etc. This would ruin Guild Wars 2 for many players.

In short, visually superior is a great idea, statistically superior a terrible one.

My 2 cents, I think it is quite reasonable, but I appreciate your view.

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Ascended gear its not for casual players its for the player who wants to step up so keep your coments in a box plz.

I suggest you learn what ‘Freedom of Speech’ means. If you go around insulting everyone with a different opinion, you better be prepared to face the heat.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

Sounds bad but i used Freedom Speech too im being honest dont take it personal lol
calling slacker and envy its not insulting its reality … how old are you?
some people have proud to be envy and slacker everyday i face many of thoose people calling me names the real names to insult cus i have reach the level where i am now … and i still dont take it personal its reality envy and slackers will be here everytime. and i dont have any problem to face the heat.

Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Ascended gear has never been vastly superior to Exotic stat-wise. The main point of Ascended gear has always been those Infusion slots (which at the moment serve no greater purpose, as there is no point in doing FotM level 50 until they raise the cap).

If you don’t feel like it’s worth it, then don’t do it. Easy as that.

Also, if you want to grind for gear that truly makes a difference stat-wise, go and play any other MMORPG out there.

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

Shame on you inviting a player to quit to go to other MMO.
I can make this suggestions why you guys like to come here with no sense.
Next level gear its for all game not only for fractals.
You are another typical casual player …

Suggestion is to make it superior because its expansive to get and makes no sense to have it now because dosent increase nothing.
Would had prefered if they didnt have introduced them with such unfair reasons.
Since they introduce im fighting to improove it.

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

In short, visually superior is a great idea, statistically superior a terrible one.

Indeed and this also influences future updates of new armor sets to push that envelope that much more. You eventually get to the point where Ascended becomes standard for encounters and then the heavy duty end-game stuff is where it’s at.

Funny enough, they did exactly what many people were complaining about seeing when Ascended gear (back and trickets) was first announced. Many, maybe not all, were afraid of the continuous paradigm climb.

Ascended gear has never been vastly superior to Exotic stat-wise. The main point of Ascended gear has always been those Infusion slots (which at the moment serve no greater purpose, as there is no point in doing FotM level 50 until they raise the cap).

Not to mention doing so completely devalues the dungeon armors. I would find it kind of silly, I mean already people aren’t doing dungeons near as often as they were in the first month because of Fractals and you could sit around with Exotic Karma for a while farming events to grab ascended instead. Already that barrier is being pushed with this inclusion. Dungeons are going the way of Tequatl, all this effort and work being put into making these runs more enticing to players, to strive for completion, are slowly being undermined for the new Flavor Of The Month.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

Ascended Gear (Armors)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Would had prefered if they didnt have introduced them with such unfair reasons.

The reasons are plenty fair, you just don’t understand them. Significant increases in stats every tier segregates the player base. This whole game revolves around a focus on getting people to play together, not little gangs.