Ascended items are "Unique"

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrJinkers.4891

MrJinkers.4891

So in game i just bought my 2nd Ascended ring. not had it dropped no i bought it. i spent over a week saving for it . and of course im going to Ascend it because you know why not. so i Ascend it just to realize that i cant actually use it because of you stupid kittening mechanics in the game. because apparently Ascended items are "Unique " witch for some reason means i cant have more then 1 of the same on at a time. now this is ok….. except for the part where you dont tell any one what it means and continue to let them buy and do stuff like Ascend that ring even thew they don’t have a clew they are about to wast over a week of there time on something they cant even kittening use because they have one like it all ready. then they proced to mess with it because they dont know why its not letting them use it so they soul bind it trying to put it on. there are 2 ring slots for a reason. so i can where 2 rings. so kittening what if they are 2 of the same. so my request is that you rather inform people about Unique items more. more then just a word at the bottom of the item. and i dont mean just makeing the robot tell you about it i mean when you go to buy a 2nd big kittenign red letters apear telling you that you can not use it on your charicter. not let some one buy 2 of the same Unique item, let people where 2 of the same ring and compleatly get rid of the Unique items becasue its pointless. the only reasion it was implamented is to kitten with people. peopel are not going to think they have any thing supper awesome if they cant have more then 1. with the acception of legendary because legendary effects dont even work in the off hand + who wants 2 bolts or 2 frost fangs or even had the pashinse to make to the the exsact same 2000 gold items when they could have 2 seprit ones. & for my sake and time i spent for nothing i would like some kind of refund on my ring so i can get my tokens back and my shards/globs/vials. or just take out the entire Unique system like i seed before, because really if it was really Unique shops would onlcy have 1 to sell not infinite of them & if they did then its not really any thing speshal so stop pretending like it is….. its just a normal every day ring that a robot is selling for tokens that he clearly has a lot of . so…. fix this….. NOW

IGN: Mister Jinkers
LeveL 80 Warrior For M4D Gameing
contact me at: misterjinkers@gmail.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

I would think that the term Unique would seem to explain it all, you can have only one at a given time. The term Unique is also used in this game almost the same as in every other game, once you have 1 equipped you can’t have another.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Same thing happened in the Karka event. People saw the earring saying “unique”, didn’t care to look it up, and then complained when they spent the karka shells on a second one.

As Coinin said, “Unique” is a rather short way of describing the item’s behavior, and is common in other games as well. Next time look up things that you see but do not fully understand before you commit a week+ worth of effort towards something you may not even be able to use.

It is not implemented solely to ‘kitten people’. In the case of ascended items, it’s to disallow multiple rings with the same infusion, whether it be offensive or defensive, probably for some miniscule balancing reason. What would you suggest “Unique” be changed to? “You can only equip one of this item per character”? I like the fact there aren’t walls of text in item descriptions.

Being aggressive with demanding change as you have usually results in threads being locked. Putting your email on a public forum is a bad idea, I suggest you remove it. Try to chill out before posting next time. Your suggestion could’ve been an easy one to two sentences as to why “Unique” items are bad (in your opinion). Instead you used the forums to rant away.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

There are 2 rings with every stat alocation, one for defensive and one for offensive infusions. You are expected to wear one of each.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

I made the same mistake. This is very badly implemented.

The problem is the game allows you to “soulbind” and equip the identical ascended jewelry anyway; which implies that you can wear both. Then surprise surprise; the game actually unequips your original piece of jewelry. This is terrible programming.. The game should not be removing my gear to allow me to soulbind a second unique item; it should instead give some kind of warning.

I petitioned to get the item replaced with one that I could use; but I was told that they do not have the tools necessary to perform such reimbursements. Very frustrating.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

The devs assume you actually READ things…you know, assuming you have intelligence and don’t need your hand held? It blatently says unique, and in every single RPG…including single player ones, unique means you can only have one equiped.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

they also assume by the time you are doing Fractals of the Mist 10 or higher and getting ascended rings, ESPECIALLY from the vendor, that you have at least even googled the word “ascended ring”. In EVERY MMO I have ever played or otherwise heard about Unique means the same thing in every one, you can have only 1 of that item equipped. If you failed to do the proper research, or notice that there are 2-3 rings with the same stat sets and think to yourself “huh I wonder why that is” then its more your fault than expecting the dev’s to do 100% of the work for 100% of the players. The ONLY fault I find with making the rings soulbound AND unique is that if you FoTM enough you end up getting duplicates of rings and can’t salvage them at all, you can only vendor for a minute 5s. I.M.O. if they made ascended gear salvageable with a chance to get essence at the same rate as you do ecto with exotics/rares then it would balance out the unique/soulbind issue. If you are just to lazy/stupid to do a little research or fully read, then well…I’m sorry…Darwin’s work.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: nadir.6534

nadir.6534

Coinin, probably you are better than any other man in the world so you read everything and you never are wrong.
Unfortunately I’m not like you and I did that mistake. The support team won’t refund my relics and they won’t replace the second useless ring with another one. This is part of the last answer from the support team: “We’re working to expand our system to allow individual item/character restorations as quickly as possible”.
Any other “big” game has that kind of support so I expect they will implement it in a few weeks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

wow that explains a lot.
thank you (also for karka shell i was farming and never noticed it says unique)

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

This is not the first time someone post something like this. And this won’t be the last.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

So just learned this same lesson the hard way. Absolutely agree this needs to be made extremely clear in the description of ascended items, since one wrong click means a lot of time and gold was just wasted.

I see no reason for condescending elitist comments making the argument that as long as you have a lot of experience with other MMO’s and are googling every unclear term in the game you will avoid this problem. The developers of this game are not just catering to those with extensive MMO experience and OCD googling habits, they want every level of player to enjoy this game. If this is your first MMO every term in the game is new, so which terms do you think we should be required to google before clicking the fateful button exactly? And it also should be obvious to everyone playing this game that it is not a cookie cutter repackage of other MMOs and introduces and redefines a lot of concepts and terms that are ‘unique’ (heh) to this game, so nothing should really be assumed, everything should be clear and intuitive to everyone regardless of prior experience.

I’m sure they will take care of this problem soon so future players don’t get burned but in the meantime I’ve submitted my ticket and am waiting…with fingers crossed.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~