Assorted "simple" quality of life fixes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tanetris.3461

Tanetris.3461

In my time playing, I’ve come across a couple of small, niggling little issues I’ll refer to as quality of life issues. None of these are really headliner problems in their own right, but they’re things that come up time and time again that make the overall experience not as good as it could be:

Sorting guild roster by status should subsort by representation (so available representing, then available not representing, then away representing, then away not representing, then offline)

A bindable key to switch to the next interactable (e.g. Search, Revive, Greet, etc) in range. I’d probably put it on Z or possibly J myself, but unbound by default works fine. Some sort of indication what or who you are searching/reviving/greeting/etc would be nice too.

Anything that comes out of the Mystic Forge should never be soulbound-on-acquire. Similarly, anything that comes out of a Black Lion Chest should be accountbound, not soulbound. I’m looking at you, gathering tools.

Speaking of gathering tools, how about an NPC that will, for a nominal copper/silver fee, combine remaining uses on any same-type gathering tools you have, up to a maximum of 125 for picks and axes, and 60 for sickles? This helps with the problem of having your inventory flooded with Black Lion tools, and reduces clutter if your current gathering tool is running low and you want to have another one ready. Perhaps this service could be added to either merchants that sell gathering tools, or repair NPCs.

You should be able to use any upgrade you meet the required level for on any piece of armor/jewelry/weapon, even if the required level of the upgrade is higher than the required level of the equipment. Last I checked, applying an upgrade soulbound the equipment anyway, so there’s no worries about selling/trading to lower-level characters, and it leads to serious oddities with things like backpieces.

Do not touch my camera when I am dead. If I’m dead more than a few seconds, chances are I’m looking at something, and I do not want to have to fight my camera to do so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bianary.5620

Bianary.5620

Agree with everything, though I’d switch the priority on the targeting — it’s more important to me to know who I’m rezzing (NPC or player, downed or defeated) than to have a button to change what I’m targeting.

(Not sure it’s even practical to allow F key target switching without it just being changing your target, since that’s what overrides the normal priority/distance calculations)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JonTheMon.2943

JonTheMon.2943

Soulbound-on-acquire from the Mystic Forge is bleh.

As for the “action key”, you could leave one binding as a generic do-everything key, but also create new ones for each action (revive, loot, talk) that you can bind to specific keys.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Biro.8642

Lord Biro.8642

I agree with everything Tanetris says. Mostly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

I’d like for gathering tools to be account bound instead of soul bound. I sometimes want to hunk copper picks to my alts but am stuck using them on my mains.

in Suggestions

Posted by: purple llama.8057

purple llama.8057

I agree with most of these, especially the guild sorting (in a guild where most people are not repping, it is a pain!) and the combining all those black lion tools that are taking up my precious space.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

the last one (death camera) has been bugging the hell out of me recently, and i can’t say i had noticed until very recently.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tanetris.3461

Tanetris.3461

Two more

You know how if you have a stack of something in your inventory or in the regular bank it will say “250 Jute Scraps” in the hovering tooltip/popup/whatever you want to call the thing, for people who have trouble reading the tiny number on the icon. Both of these are related to that.

1. For some reason it isn’t on items in crafting storage, when it really really should be. It’s not on items in the discovery pane of the crafting window either, which is less crucial, but worth making consistent.

2. This really needs to be extended to things with uses, e.g. salvage kits and gathering tools. Nothing fancy, just a simple “Basic Salvage Kit (9 uses)”