Asuran home instance doesn't feel like...home

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azmaria.1872

Azmaria.1872

I love the Asura – their snarkiness, their devotion to magi-tech, etc. That being said, having gone through my personal story 100%, my home instance still doesn’t feel like home. Nor has it changed, perceptibly, with the exception of Shashoo hiding on top of the lab-pyramid. Very few people talk, none of the conversations relate to the story, and none of the Trophies found during the story appear…anywhere…

All in all, it feels very impersonal.

Suggestions:
– Add more dialogue to the area. The human area has people talking about what choices you’ve made, whether your friend died or not, etc.
– Have some place for the Trophies, perhaps with some sort of commemorative plaque. They don’t feel particularly important or ‘personal’ when they’re hidden away in the personal story tab (and then only found on certain entries).
– Have the lab evolve as you gain in city-wide importance. I am presuming, of course, that people in the city are aware of the role that you, as the hero, play in defeating Zhaitan, one of the most prevalent threats to the area. Perhaps your home instance should reflect that in some way?

Thoughts/Criticism accepted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I agree, the lab is certainly missing things. Zojja has her own lab with her own inventions present and being worked on, but both seem to miss both a personal and evolving touch.

-Zojja’s fame is going to grow upon Zhaitan being defeated, if thats even possible. Her lab would probably rival a tiny adventure instance in size and have multiple floors, it would probably be currently under construction in some areas, and she might actually be present with dialogue for heroes that show up.

-Savant’s lab has a nice view, but it needs a ‘home’ feel. You should have an area to yourself, possibly a personal residential area where you can display achievements. You should be able to talk with your krewe, and their dialogue will cycle to something else every time you enter the instance to accomodate changing moods and experimental results, possibly just how they feel or little backstories with them going on.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Staxitix.8149

Staxitix.8149

Thanks for letting us know there are potential spoilers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

You expected the bad guy to win? In an MMO?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Don’t be childish. Way before release devs have already mentioned that the first dragon to be defeated is Zhaitan. No spoilers here.

Anyways, this could be a good idea. Only in the human instance, and only as a noble, you are sure about your ‘house’. You know where the entrance is, where the bed is, you know that’s where you live.

But with other storylines, that’s completely unsure.
Which one is your bed in Hoelbrak? Or the Heroes’ Canton? Have they given you quarters or a bed to rest in House of Riannon? And which one is your room in your friend’s inn as a commoner? And is that your house in the slums as a street rat, or you just live on the street?

As an Asura, there’s some of Laiff’s Floating Hammocks™ in some cubicles in the laboratory, so we assume Asura rest in those between research and experiments, but which one is yours?

I hope that, at least when/if they release dedicated Housing, not only the Human Nobles will get their houses clearly indicated.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!