Auto-Follow?

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: cedoric.1492

cedoric.1492

An auto-follow option for group members would be very appreciated….I am playing with my girl friend and sometime I have to do something at home and I would like to put my toon AF on my gf’s toon… Also…is there any way to trade an item or game money with another player? If not, that would be nice to put it ingame,…

Thanks

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

I would like this for events. The NPCs always seem to move at a pace designed to be super awkward for both running and walking.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raincloudt.3502

Raincloudt.3502

Thirded, for both parties and follow quests. It would be really nice to have an auto-follow and, if the game makers are afraid it will exploit world exploration, just consider how difficult it is to get to some of those spots.

Cedoric: as far as trading, you could mail the item or gold/silver/copper to the person.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leowulf.7658

Leowulf.7658

Plus, it would make botting super easy too. :P

jk

This might be a nice convenience to add, but it also takes away from the realism of the game. I sort of like getting lost and turned around in a tight passage underground when I’m trying to follow someone. Automatically following them kills that experience. Maybe I’m a masochist, or maybe I just enjoy the game.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

auto lazy mode? no. if you afk, you should be left behind. if you have chores to do in real life, maybe its time to power off that pc and do something that you ought to be doing instead.

also no because it would facilitate botting.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

Plus, it would make botting super easy too. :P

jk

This might be a nice convenience to add, but it also takes away from the realism of the game. I sort of like getting lost and turned around in a tight passage underground when I’m trying to follow someone. Automatically following them kills that experience. Maybe I’m a masochist, or maybe I just enjoy the game.

From past experience, setting auto-follow in MMOs was usually more dangerous, thanks to the likely possibility of getting stuck on the terrain and having your tether broke in a potentially dangerous spot while afk.

Anyway, there have been so many people since beta who shoot down the idea of /follow like it’s some personal affront to them because it allows people to be “lazy” and “makes botting easier.” (I realize you were joking, this is more directed at the next post) You can tell they’ve never played with a family member in the same household. I don’t know why so many people are offended by the idea of someone setting /follow on their spouse’s character so they can get up and take care of something real quick.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

Then ask them to wait for you. It’s what we do when a guildie has to afk for whatever reason. Take a break, let the DR wear off or whatever. It’s a minor inconvenience that does not warrant the introduction of a potentially easily abused feature.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cichard.6108

Cichard.6108

/follow doesnt help with botting have you seen how many bots there are and there is currently no /follow. If anything /follow just helps multiboxers which is not botting. They banned what 3000 bots with out any /follow and there are still Tons on our server ranger teleport bots all over the place. So i dont think /follow has anything to do with botting.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

Then ask them to wait for you. It’s what we do when a guildie has to afk for whatever reason. Take a break, let the DR wear off or whatever. It’s a minor inconvenience that does not warrant the introduction of a potentially easily abused feature.

A feature I’m pretty sure has been in every MMO I’ve ever played, and this is the most heavily-botted MMO I’ve ever played despite that feature being left out.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wirldwide.8046

Wirldwide.8046

A feature I’m pretty sure has been in every MMO I’ve ever played, and this is the most heavily-botted MMO I’ve ever played despite that feature being left out.

Agreed. I believe the reason an auto-follow system, macros or addons were not applied to Guild Wars 2 was because of fear of bots. A simple search through all fan forums prior to game release that had mention of auto-follow, macros or addons usually involved potential players against the idea. Reason? Fear of bots. The entire community was against the idea of having these things because they didn’t want to have bots. Fast forward to today and none of this is in the game. Are there bots? Yes, we know there are. It’s a huge problem that had nothing to do with these features.

My suggestion is to add auto-follow, macros and addons. It won’t increase or decrease the use of bots. It will help multiboxers.

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I want all of this! Esp. aliases/macros. My keyboard supports text macros, but I have already filled most of the banks because I RP and all of my chars need slots because they each repeat different things constantly.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

Auto-Follow?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvisceratriX.1750

EvisceratriX.1750

i dont want this kind of feature as if players start to bot, botting will be so easy, just follow follow. bla bla bla, attack..

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
http://twitch.tv/evisceratrixtv