Auto-block gold sellers...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

…using a separate block functionality. One that auto-unblocks them if it’s a stolen account that gets recovered.

edit: as in, auto-block them when you report them. It would also make players more likely to report if some people just block instead.

Edit: I wrote this just before bed, it’s a little unclear. Better explanation a few posts down >.>

(edited by Munrock.3092)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Completely agree with this. Have thought of suggesting this weeks ago (recently I am tired of reporting bugs or suggesting because I can hardly see any of them being reflected on the patch). Most MMOs do this. If you have reported them, you definitely don’t want to see them spamming your chat again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Can’t do it. There are far too many people who would spite the guy who just failed to rez them (or, whatever).

However, they could track reports, and auto-block accounts that receive (say) 3 or more reports in an hour or something like that.

Then, make it easy for players to unblock themselves, if they are human. Use one of those obfuscated word deals that so many web sites use to prevent botting.

They would still review all such instances, but the initial blocking would occur much faster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Niyu.1350

Niyu.1350

Can’t do it. There are far too many people who would spite the guy who just failed to rez them (or, whatever).

However, they could track reports, and auto-block accounts that receive (say) 3 or more reports in an hour or something like that.

Then, make it easy for players to unblock themselves, if they are human. Use one of those obfuscated word deals that so many web sites use to prevent botting.

They would still review all such instances, but the initial blocking would occur much faster.

I think they meant block them on their side, not block them from the game. So, if you blocked a gold seller, you wouldn’t see their spam anymore in the channel without having to go through and use the block function in addition to the report.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Yup, what Jason.8073 said. If someone’s spamming the map chat with gold offers, you’d report them if you’re a good citizen, but blocking them is an optional follow-up action – I can’t think of any reason not to block them, though, with two exceptions: where you either know the account owner as a friend or where you suspect it’s a stolen account and you don’t want to block them because they’ll still be blocked when their owner gets it back.

An automatic block-on-report, which is flagged in the DB to be withdrawn at an ANet representative’s discretion (i.e. when the account has been restored to its rightful owner) solves both exceptions.

Edit: third exception: players might not also block because it’s another handful of clicks that they could spend doing other stuff. This would also be solved by an auto-block.