Auto change into town clothes when in City

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knight.1084

Knight.1084

Hello,

Update:
+ Auto change into town cloths when in a main city.

Reasons?
Your in a city, been in a city is mainly for:
-) Relaxing
-) Talking/etc
-) Walking around
-) Learning how to become a chef,etc.
-) etc….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

I’d love this one except for the fact that there aren’t any town skins in the game to speak of. There is the one you’re born with and a couple gem skins. That’s it. So, while it would be a fantastic idea once there are 200+ non-gem town skins to choose from and customize characters, I don’t think the game is ready for this feature right now.

The end result of doing this at present would be to make it look like everyone in game had the same clothes. My male chars wouldn’t mind, but my female chars would rather die than be seen wearing the same dress as all the rest.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i’d hate it. i work my buttocks off to get my characters outfitted in a way that’s “close” to what i want them in — and only ONE of them currently has town clothes i’ll flip to, when i’m in town. so an auto feature that put them in it? i’d bloody scream, yell, tear the house down — you name it. toggle feature? maybe. but until/unless we get some good town clothes? HUH uh!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I would love this but only if we can dis/able it over the optionmenu.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

No.

Add a hotkey to your town clothes switch.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’d like a hotkey to change it. And could we pretty please not change back into our armor if we fall? Drives me batty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Make it an option to auto-town clothe. I don’t want to see it mandatory.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

No.

I’d like a hotkey to change it. And could we pretty please not change back into our armor if we fall? Drives me batty.

Dont you know thats a shortcut is already exist?

Look in the options.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Agreed with this. Right now any damage done changes you back into your armor. It should only happen if you’re actually under attack by something, which is impossible within towns.

It surprises me that anet hasn’t introduced more towns clothing yet. I know this other game where the world is not so perfect who utilitizes their boutique with a looooot of good looking fashion (anet can learn from them). It’s one of their biggest incomes probably. Anet could make a lot of money by introducing more towns clothing.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: GKC.3851

GKC.3851

Easily done and adds more value to town clothes. I like this.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

I’d love this one except for the fact that there aren’t any town skins in the game to speak of. There is the one you’re born with and a couple gem skins. That’s it. So, while it would be a fantastic idea once there are 200+ non-gem town skins to choose from and customize characters, I don’t think the game is ready for this feature right now.

The end result of doing this at present would be to make it look like everyone in game had the same clothes. My male chars wouldn’t mind, but my female chars would rather die than be seen wearing the same dress as all the rest.

So any opinion to turn it On/OFF ?.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

- Opinion to turn the auto feature On or OFF in the settings menu.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

- Opinion to turn the auto feature On or OFF in the settings menu.

This. Should be up to the person. Although 90% would stay on auto-switch and more people will develop interest in good town clothes. Arena Net, this will be a great add-on and a way to sell more town clothes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Would be nice if:
-You can toggle it in the Options
-We have access to more townclothes

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

No.

Dont you know thats a shortcut is already exist?

Look in the options.

I was telling OP to do so, mine is set to [ and is rarely used.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

If it’s a on/off option in the setting. It should be off by default.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

OPTIONS>CONTROL OPTIONS>TOGGLE TOWN CLOTHES (currently at the very bottom of the list).

Assign a key. If you have a free button and a programmable mouse, it makes quick changes super easy. (Which is nice when traveling in town clothes outside of town, and you take a smidgen of damage from dropping off a ledge.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Reasons?
Your in a city, been in a city is mainly for:
1) Relaxing
2) Talking/etc
3) Walking around
4) Learning how to become a chef,etc.
5) etc….

FTFY

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devilnero.6245

Devilnero.6245

I’d love to see that, but if there was a big variety of town clothes not like now, most of the players would be the same…Anet needs to add town clothes to be bought with gold not only with gems, and to be found as a drop as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

Agreed with this. Right now any damage done changes you back into your armor. It should only happen if you’re actually under attack by something, which is impossible within towns.

It surprises me that anet hasn’t introduced more towns clothing yet. I know this other game where the world is not so perfect who utilitizes their boutique with a looooot of good looking fashion (anet can learn from them). It’s one of their biggest incomes probably. Anet could make a lot of money by introducing more towns clothing.

actually, they HAVE introduced LOTS of new town clothes options, since launch. like, riding outfits (ugh). hoodies (ugh). cargo shorts (ugh). as well as seasonal outfits such as the wintersday set i have. that one’s not-so-ugh.

the problem appears to be that more folk want more “world-themed” town clothing, not more “irl-themed-gangsta-hip” stuff like the hoodies, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

This is good to have as an option.
What really boggles the mind, seeing that this is the same engine albeit updated, is that GW1 had this option, with multiple choices.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

This is a great idea, otherwise there is no point to town clothing. Plus, they should give a lot of options for town clothes (free town clothing customization) becuase have one set and just a couple gem store outfits makes it boring, they could keep the gem store stuff, just add more default clothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i rather them putting their resources in to making town clothing available for battles, i never use them otherwise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I would love this but only if we can dis/able it over the optionmenu.

This.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker