Battle System PVE "Freedom while playing"

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

Idea its preaty simple we want feel freedom while playing the game, equiping weapons while in combat should be allowed because will make players use more skill and tactical wise approuch when needed.

Its so frustating when we need change weapons and the map dosent allow because you have agro on this battle system.

Same for getting vistas this battle system its blocking you to see the vista even if you already killed the mob sometimes you need go kill other mob to deactivate it then your able to get the vista.

Other key to revive death players when they are above items needed to grab to proceed the objective of some dungeons.

Its frustating you want to grab the item and revive starts and your die in seconds.

Should be a good improovement if you guys change the battle system to us players feel more freedom while playing and not be blocking by this things.

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

(edited by The Kape.3672)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

While I disagree with equipping weapons and armor during combat I do agree that ANet needs to review the battle system. Many players have complained about being bugged in combat and having to relog or being killed because of it.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

GW1 had it dont forget that, much more freedom then gw2 makes the game much better.

Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knyx.4239

Knyx.4239

And i think Stealth should have a countdown that would make u out of combat.. its really annoying when im running from moobs… stealth.. and try to take a vista and I cant.. even when moobs lose me of sight.. -.-

Knyx – Thief – [uPT] @ Seafarer’s Rest
Google “Grow uP” e Faz a Apply..!
Play Hard, Live Fast, Win Moar..!

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

Stealth its making you already out of combat, when you use it you see your able to equip weapons and you loose agroo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Being able to swap weapons in combat would give you a ton of weapon skills to use. You’d never have to worry about weapon cooldowns, just swap to a new weapon and blow all your specials then on to the next weapon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

This is the most horrible idea I think I’ve seen so far. No, just no. The inability to swap in combat is there for a reason, it’s to make you preplan your attacks and formulate a strategy before you leeroy in. If you wanna play leeroy and rush in without any plan, only spam buttons and get as many skills off as you can, there’s plenty of lower quality games for that. That being said, the stuck in combat bug is a viable issue that needs fixing, and really has nothing to do with basic game mechanics needing to be reworked. It’s just a bug, work around it for now until they get a fix implemented.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

Wish some of you guys think on all classes and what your saying on your sentences.
ill give you warrior example you use GS+Dual Axe now you need a ranged weapon and battle system block you.

That being said many people dont know what im asking here and this makes it very clear. We should be able to equip a range weapon.

Nay of the Ether did you played gw1?

(edited by The Kape.3672)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I played GW 1 and I disagree with your suggestion, GW1 didn’t have weapon swaps you could equip a weapon mid fight yes. GW2 has weapon swamps for all but 2 professions, the idea of this is to allow players to gauge for situations they may encounter, if you gauge wrong then well you have to deal with it.

You owuld be takign the skill out of playing over 60% of the game if you allowed everyone to walk around with every weapon they could use and just randomly switch at will. Where is the skill in that?
not to mention you would make Enginerr’s and Ele’s Un godly powerful, as there is a reason they only get one weapon and not weapon swaps.

Electro.4173
Being able to swap weapons in combat would give you a ton of weapon skills to use. You’d never have to worry about weapon cooldowns, just swap to a new weapon and blow all your specials then on to the next weapon.

^^This is the reason why your idea will never work ^^
As far as being in combat and trying to get the vistas , yeah that bug needs to be fixed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Yes i played GW1 but it’s battle system was based off of skill builds, not weapon skills, so it has nothing to do with weapon swapping here. And I do know what you mean by the out of combat bug and I wasn’t really referring to that, but if you already planned your build to use the axes and GS then suddenly need a bow but are actively fighting, well that’s the tradeoff you made. That’s how they intended the game to be played: strategy and pre-planning are all part of it. I almost always try to have my 2nd weapon swap as a ranged if I use a melee one as my first set. That’s how you overcome that situation. If you insist on using 2 melee sets, that’s fine, but you sacrificed your ranged ability to do so. there is your tradeoff.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

Stealth its making you already out of combat, when you use it you see your able to equip weapons and you loose agroo.

Not true if your combat bugged. When it happens to me I end up using my heal skill (which also stealths me) multiple times to get full health rather than log out, since killing a few more mobs usually fixes the issue.

www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Yes i played GW1 but it’s battle system was based off of skill builds, not weapon skills, so it has nothing to do with weapon swapping here. And I do know what you mean by the out of combat bug and I wasn’t really referring to that, but if you already planned your build to use the axes and GS then suddenly need a bow but are actively fighting, well that’s the tradeoff you made. That’s how they intended the game to be played: strategy and pre-planning are all part of it

+1 to you good sir
This is to make sure my post is long enough lol KITTEN

in Suggestions

The Kape.3672

I dissagree, battle system should be more free like GW1.
You have to pre plan taking all weapons you need into your bags and use them when you need, they also said you can fight while in movement why some skills dont follow that concept they wanted to make the game realistic when they block you on battle system and some skills you need stop to use them.

some skills are with gw1 system (can use it when stopped) other dont why they dont add them all for the new system they implemented as realistic.

Right now battle system its not equal to all classes if they keep using this blocks and dont make all equal to all classes.

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

Wish some of you guys think on all classes and what your saying on your sentences.
ill give you warrior example you use GS+Dual Axe now you need a ranged weapon and battle system block you.

That being said many people dont know what im asking here and this makes it very clear. We should be able to equip a range weapon.

Nay of the Ether did you played gw1?

FYI, the weapon sets from GW1 are the reason we have weapon swapping here. The system was upgraded to something that makes much more sense.

I’m pretty sure we understand what your asking the problem is your not liking our response. Half of the challenge in MMOs is picking your build and weapons/armor. You need to think about what you’ll need prior to heading out due to the fact your always going to be limited.

For example: I wish I could endlessly swap between my S/P and SB without a CD but that would be unfair to those without a weapon swap. Instead I plan ahead and give myself other options in case of a situation I’d be worried of encountering.

For example again: I’m in WvW chasing down a thief. Well s/he can dodge as well as I can so my speed buff there doesn’t help. Thankfully even though my swap is on CD I can still turn around and burn initiative to catch up via weapon skill and then steal to close range.

If your having issues with the class, weapons, or armor your playing with your probably not thinking through what you may need. If your only issue is attacking a group of bad guys and realizing half way through you should have done B instead of A well lesson learned. Next time do B instead.

www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

I dissagree, battle system should be more free like GW1.
You have to pre plan taking all weapons you need into your bags and use them when you need, they also said you can fight while in movement why some skills dont follow that concept they wanted to make the game realistic when they block you on battle system and some skills you need stop to use them.

some skills are with gw1 system (can use it when stopped) other dont why they dont add them all for the new system they implemented as realistic.

Right now battle system its not equal to all classes if they keep using this blocks and dont make all equal to all classes.

I don’t remember ever playing an MMO where every class could move during inductions. Either your English is to poor to convey your idea properly or maybe it’s time you play a new genre of game. You will never see inductions removed nor the ability to move during inductions. Every class has them and every class deals with it, it stems all the way back to D&D where you’d spend turns charging a spell to use.

www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

God forbid they do that kitten YOU ARENA NET FOR MAKING 2% of the over all Skills root skills. I mean I know you said that combat will be so your not rooted all the time but you should have added in that 2%.

Tell you what Kape you want to have an arsenal of weapons you can switch to carry them all in your bag, if you know the mob forces you to go range switch. Although don’t sit here and say they lied to us, that is absurd.

This is not Guild Wars 1, this is not a game based on only skills and no weapon skills.
get over it we have shown you where you are wrong, and how you are seeing it wrong and you insist on trying to argue a point that makes no sense. You even go to the length of going to other threads and posting this thread, you need to stop that.

in Suggestions

Raine Akrune.8416

God forbid they do that kitten YOU ARENA NET FOR MAKING 2% of the over all Skills root skills. I mean I know you said that combat will be so your not rooted all the time but you should have added in that 2%.

Tell you what Kape you want to have an arsenal of weapons you can switch to carry them all in your bag, if you know the mob forces you to go range switch. Although don’t sit here and say they lied to us, that is absurd.

This is not Guild Wars 1, this is not a game based on only skills and no weapon skills.
get over it we have shown you where you are wrong, and how you are seeing it wrong and you insist on trying to argue a point that makes no sense. You even go to the length of going to other threads and posting this thread, you need to stop that.

Right? He spends more time linking this thread to other suggestions which at length are minimally similar in some way, shape, or form and doesn’t bother dealing with the fact his idea is flawed.

www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Right? He spends more time linking this thread to other suggestions which at length are minimally similar in some way, shape, or form and doesn’t bother dealing with the fact his idea is flawed.

I +1 this and support this ideology