It was the best login screen I have ever seen! Just look at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcwJWn9MnE
It is amazing!
C’mon bring it back!

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

So does " -useoldlauncher" actually work?

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

It was nerfed to neanderthal like half the goodies.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Was there a reason it was taken away? I do miss it. :[

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

It was taken away when the log-in process was incorporated with the launcher. Pity, I miss the old log-in screen. I got goosebumps the first time I opened the game up for BWE1.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

I completely forgot all about that. Thanks for reminding me. Now I miss it

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Yeah really miss the old loginscreen, the way it is now is just boring

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waypoc.6125

Waypoc.6125

Yeah I agree as well. I would just run it to hear the music in between head start times.

Bring it back! :-)

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

So does " -useoldlauncher" actually work?

Not any more.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I miss the old login screen too. It used to go to it when you selected “log out” but it doesn’t anymore.

Be nice if we could get it as an option to toggle on/off.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Pretty sure they removed it because after seeing it 100x it becomes old and nobody double clicks the gw2.exe to stare at a login screen

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jonin.7230

Jonin.7230

I miss that login screen as well.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bioectomy.9217

Bioectomy.9217

Pretty sure they removed it because after seeing it 100x it becomes old and nobody double clicks the gw2.exe to stare at a login screen

Oh, yeah, now we just click it to see outdated Caithe artwork.

The old login screen was easily one of the better login screens I’ve seen in the ~15 years since login screens became a thing. Why they removed it is a mystery we are simply not meant to understand, I guess.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

The old login screen was easily one of the better login screens I’ve seen in the ~15 years since login screens became a thing. Why they removed it is a mystery we are simply not meant to understand, I guess.

I completely agree. My favourite part was actually the little colour coded thing that told me that I got my password right. Even if they just added that to the new login box that would make me happy.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

No you click it to see news they stated before why they removed it like I said if it was so important everyone would be complaining which they arent

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

Please please bring this back.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

That is definitely pretty cool, but I prefer seeing news before entering the game like in the current display. Of course that content could be put on a screen like that, too, so *shrug*.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

The best GW1 character select screen was the prophecies one:

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/character_selection_screen.jpg

Showed all your characters on one screen. After that they removed them and changed it up to show one character at a time on a pedestal. And it pretty much stayed like this for the rest of the game only changing the background.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/54/Factions_character_selection_screen.jpg

Just like GW1, they probably wont let us have the super awesome one again.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Here’s an idea:
You log into the game through the current launcher, same as now. Then you encounter the BWE screen, with three options:
Continue Game (with your last character), Character Select, and Cinematic (the Gamescom 2009 trailer, only because the game doesn’t have a game introduction, and this artwork cinematic is brilliant).

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

The beta login was friggin’ awesome. I miss it…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I’m just gonna chime in and say I’d love the old login screen back, it was faster to log in and the ‘new’ one isn’t as satisfying as that big ol’ 2 flashing the artwork.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Texiun.5146

Texiun.5146

I can completely agree with this, I Too miss the beautiful login screen. My partner and i were discussing how amazing it was….Any chance of this returning?

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

The best GW1 character select screen was the prophecies one:

http://fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/character_selection_screen.jpg

Showed all your characters on one screen. After that they removed them and changed it up to show one character at a time on a pedestal. And it pretty much stayed like this for the rest of the game only changing the background.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/5/54/Factions_character_selection_screen.jpg

Just like GW1, they probably wont let us have the super awesome one again.

I have been looking for a video of the prophecies login screen for so long. I remember clicking and seeing that campfire the day the game launched and the music that played with it. Maybe its on the GW1 disk? Hmmm…

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

Its always slightly baffled me why someone broke the first rule of photography and thought its a great idea to cut my feet off in the character screen

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I remember it almost daily when launching the game. The pristine white launch screen, red dragon-2, and a beautiful yellow-yellow-purple chromohash…

I’ll also fondly remember the campfire.

EDIT: can anyone explain why all the games come with launchers nowadays? Feels so redundant.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

i agree, would love to have the beta login back +1

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I really loved the beta login screen as well honestly I’m surprised they changed it, because it was similar to the guild Wars login screen. I wish they would bring it back.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

+1 loved it, would be nice to have option to get it back…

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I would like it very much but it would remind me of promises broken.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

I want to bump this because I would absolutely love to see this back. It was the best parts about logging into Guild Wars 2. I would gladly skip the authentication on the crappy launcher and authenticate in the log in screen. It makes it feel more complete. I know every time I log in I just wish I can have that feeling again.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Achyuta.3647

Achyuta.3647

Bring it back for the feels! kitten that first moment I opened it up during BWE1…

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehMesmor.5602

TehMesmor.5602

Ah, BWE1 Loggin Screen. How I dream about you at night. It was the best way to start off GW2 imo… I literaly cride tears upon looking at the screen, days before the first BWE even opened!

Please, ArenaNet. Bring it back in a Update. If you want a news media for players when they log in/patcher. Just keep the current Launcher, only have it with a “Play” option. Then use that screen for logging into Charector Select.

PS: I don’t want to scare anyone, but I remember one Beta Tester saying the current login is easy for Hackers to breach. Rather then a In-game login. Just somthing A-net might want to keep in mind.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaos Darkmatter.3624

Chaos Darkmatter.3624

Agreed, they should definitely bring it back at least in some similar manner.
The epic music combined with the simple background and adorable log-in box during the BWEs always got me in the mood to have a great time in-game.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

That was the first time I saw that login screen and I can honestly say it’s better then what they’re currently giving. And as someone previously said, I don’t understand launchers either I want to play the game, I don’t need confirmation that I want to play the game. Put the login authentication in the game.

For me I could not stand the music for the character select screen. The epicness that it should’ve been didn’t work with nothing happening. I’ve changed it to a simple piece from a completely different game Flower. It suits it more. However the music suits the old login. It made the game feel epic and the music carried over to character select but the epic feel remained. This is just how I feel, it’s odd I know but little things like that can change the atmosphere of the game.

Please bring the old login back!

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soxism.6893

Soxism.6893

It was an amazing Login Screen, i think i nearly Pee’d myself with excitement when i first saw it. It was very EPIC, and Grand-scale feel.

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

Agree. Bring back the login screen used on BWE!!! Epic login screen and epic background music. That was a memorable moment when i first logged on GW2 at BWE xD

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

It was the best login screen I have ever seen! Just look at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtcwJWn9MnE
It is amazing!
C’mon bring it back!

OH-MY-GOD, I NEED THIS. It makes me feel like I’m logging in to embark on an epic journey! The current one doesn’t.

(edited by francisling.2987)

Beautiful Login Screen

in Suggestions

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Yes. I experienced a great heart-break when I loaded the launcher one day and the beautiful GW2 launcher set with the awesome music and shifting images got removed. You don’t understand how many times I had the launcher just be on for the sake of it being AMAZING. The launcher we have now feels more like a BETA launcher then an actual post-launch one.

Knowledge is power.