Been There, Done That! Remove WvWvW requirements

in Suggestions

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I was looking at the requires for the Been There, Done That! Title and for many players acquiring this achievement will simply be impossible because of WvWvW, look at all all the grief on many servers which constantly lose? They could never ever get all the requirements for each of the battlegrounds at least not without changing servers many many times, which again leads to even more people quitting servers.

I propose that the requirements for this are simple ~

Remove the requirements for Been There, Done that achievement for WvWvW content and create an entirely different achievement/title for completing all the borderland map completion. This way, the PvE players get there gold star, and PvX players get a little extra, everyone wins.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zephire.8049

Zephire.8049

Yeah, splitting up the WvW and PvE part of the achievement into their own achievements would be nice. I’m lucky that last week my server pretty much dominated all the borderlands so I could get most of those done within two or three hours, but for people who are on a server that doesn’t have a number of dedicated WvW guilds, it could take a very long time to get those done.

I’m still at 99% world completion, though, because I have to wait until my server is team blue to finish Eternal Battlegrounds. Borderlands can be hard, but EB is just brutal. Pretty much since the new match started, my server and the other two have been deadlocked with who owns what in EB and it’s impossible to get many of the points without owning them (and even for the ones you can get without owning a tower or keep, you have to hope you don’t get jumped). It pretty much means either server-hopping (which isn’t really an option when your home server is full and you wouldn’t be able to come back) or waiting and hoping your server will be a different colour during the next match.

I can understand what Arenanet was going for with WvW being part of the achievement, but I think it’s too punishing for players. PvE players get stuck doing something they might not want to do and have to hope they can get everything, and WvW players have to deal with a bunch of people ignoring everything except finishing the map. Plus on servers where there can be an hour or longer queue to get into any WvW map, it sucks for everyone to wait and I think it would make a difference if people who queued only to finish the map didn’t have to any more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kiba.9701

Kiba.9701

I do agree with you but for different reasons. I never understood why put PvE elements like dungeons, vistas, POI, jumping puzzles in WvW specially when there are alot of people only there to do this PvE elements.

Is really frustrating when there are a lot of people doing the dungeon or jumping puzzle and we lose a tower or keep because we dont have enough people helping.

It would be ok to have those kind of things if it didn’t keep the players from helping other in the battles.

Stormbluff Isle
Kirito Wolvesong – Mesmer
Kiba Wolvesong – Thief

in Suggestions

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I do both but when I’m actually trying to get poi and/or jumping puzzles in the WvW I am actively avoided combat because of obvious zerg tactics, I’m also pretty much 100% guaranteed that if I want that title, I’m going to have to leave my server and join one that is currently dominating, which I really don’t want to do either. I have all my own server map complete but the other ones, basically I have to wait until either our server dominates again or wait and hope Anet changes this, or obviously quit the server.

Just as a comparison, on our server (Ehmry Bay) I’ve seen a total of two players with 100% map completion, and I’m willing to bet money they server transferred to do it.

Get it taken down -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

PVE content should NEVER require PVP of any kind and vice-versa.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lunabaguna.8293

lunabaguna.8293

WvW isnt PvP perse, its open world in which PvP is happening and affecting that open world. There is quite a bit of PvE stuff in WvW, and you really never have to kill another player to get any of the WvW points, you just need to wait until your team controls it. I say leave it in, it encourages people to see all the areas of the game, weather or not they choose to participate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lunabaguna.8293

lunabaguna.8293

Really the only point that might ever be a problem is the central keep of EB, all of the other ones (Because of how maps switch) will at some point or another naturally be owned by your team. Maybe remove the central keep to give less active servers a good chance at map completion.

in Suggestions

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Your wrong Luna, getting map completions in the borderlands depends on one thing alone, and that is how well your server dominates. Very few of the poi/vista can be gotten without any form of PvP. Sure, like you said…you can wait until your team controls it, but again, that highly depends on your servers PvP capabilities and look at all the grief/flames/arguments about WvWvW and servers dominating/night capping etc.

Essentially, what this achievement needs is simple ~ they need to go. Otherwise, I will tell you and Anet one simple thing, a threat or simple truth actually ~ people will quit the game over it once they realize that this achievement is all-but impossible for them to get it. Alot of people are already reaching what is called ‘end-game’ and in all honesty, Anet have done alot of hyping up lately, but its all hot air ~ end-game is really about grinding zones, getting your 100% map/Story modes complete and then, grinding gear in no particular order, for many players getting a 100% map is important and if players feel like its impossible, they will complain on the forums and/or just simply quit.

Server PvP domination is the only sure fire way to get Been There, Done That! Title, no other way possible, and it needs to change asap. Look at some of the really low ranked servers, honestly no one on those servers will ever get that title not without server transferring, which makes the server even weaker and population shrinks even more.

Look, like with most achievements ~ it shouldn’t be easy but it shouldn’t be impossible either or require ‘luck’, this achievement needs to be changed. The best ways to do that would be to remove the WvWvW map requirements from the achievement, or failing that ~ all the poi/vista should be accessible at all times regardless of server domination, meaning vistas inside keeps should be moved outside etc, at least that way there is the slight chance players on low ranked WvWvW actually have a chance, the only problem then would be griefers guarding them (Trust me, it happens)

Also, in closing ~ You think its bad now? Wait until Free World Transfers End and see this problem really explode into something nasty.

Get it taken down -

(edited by TsukasaHiiragi.9730)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Essentially, what this achievement needs is simple ~ they need to go. Otherwise, I will tell you and Anet one simple thing, a threat or simple truth actually ~ people will quit the game over it once they realize that this achievement is all-but impossible for them to get it.

You have no evidence but your own personal feelings to back it up. And if you quit a game because you can’t get an achievement then, yeah…

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProxiiG.5830

ProxiiG.5830

I will say that IMO whole WvWvW has no place in world completion achievements and point you here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/WvW-from-100-Map-comletion-should-be-removed/first#post310428 to see few of the reasons why since i am not writing all that again ;D

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

Agreed, no way I could have gotten those with my server without abusing server changes before they limited it to once a day haha

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

This will never happen. The achievements are called achievements for a reason. If you don’t want to achieve them then don’t ask for it to be removed.

in Suggestions

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

This will never happen. The achievements are called achievements for a reason. If you don’t want to achieve them then don’t ask for it to be removed.

It has to happen otherwise people will quit the game, trust me on that. This achievement is and will remain completely impossible to attain for many many players not without transferring servers many times to whatever the currently dominating server is, for any of the borderlands that particular player might need, for all the servers that are low ranked, the players that don’t want to leave the server/or can’t will simply put, never get this achievement.

And speaking from personal experience, I’ve already seen many many people from our server leave because its no longer dominating our WvWvW group.

Get it taken down -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esha.1842

Esha.1842

I am not a PvP person, never have been, and never will be. And I just zoned into 2 WvWvW maps to try to grab whatever POI’s/Vistas/SP’s that I could get anywhere near. (Getting ganked while in a Vista cut scene to!!!) And, I felt horribly guilty doing this as well… as I am just there to hit these points and book out. I am taking up a spot that someone in queue, who would be an active player/contributor, should be in… just so I can get my little title. This is not only affecting my personal gaming experience, but that of others as well.

ArenaNet… you have to change this. I have loved this game for the single reason that I have been able to create a very accomplished character based almost entirely on my own accomplishments and efforts. This WvWvW requirement to the world completion just killed that notion for me, and obviously other people as well.

AS it stands, it hinders PvE player experience, and that of those who are active serious WvWvW players. Big mistake ArenaNet. I seriously implore you to change these requirements. I think the initial suggestion of two separate achievements is a perfect solution.

in Suggestions

Posted by: furyBear.8367

furyBear.8367

Well, I agree with parts of your opinion. However, sometimes it’s interesting to try to get POI’s/Vistas/SP’s out of our control with my guild’s member. The WvWvW requirement to the world completion really force me to have more cooperation with others. It’s fun, though kinda messy sometimes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alexoir Alvisthron.7318

Alexoir Alvisthron.7318

I approve this message.

“Sometimes I like to lay under my bed and pretend I’m a carrot.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I’m honestly torn between the two sides. I cannot stress how much it infuriatekittenoing round WvWvW to pick up these pois/sp/vistas (thankfully I’ve got Stonemist, so that’s a start), but if you want 100% completion…well, 100% isn’t it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Just put the PoI and Vistas outside of the forts and keeps themselves. The way it is currently, the top two servers will hardly ever be able to visit them because they’ll be stuck playing the green and blue side forever you know.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

WvW isnt PvP. Its PvPvE. Its perfectly fine as it is.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

Your server has to claim stonemist castle once. When you got the skill point and the vist there, all things are easy because of the server rotation, you will end up being green, blue and red once in a while and have the oportunity to claim all areas usually associated with these colors. So it isn’t that bad.

The stonemist castle claim on the other hand can be pretty hard.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altus.5260

Altus.5260

I would like to weigh in that requiring PvP for PvE achievements isn’t a good design. This needs fixing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DanteZero.3569

DanteZero.3569

Please, remove the WvW requirements, there can be only frustration when trying to reach the areas in WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainVenus.5179

CaptainVenus.5179

Well, if they ever did this I would want 2 gold stars instead of my current 1 gold star suddenly being worth the same as your crappy carebear gold star.

Actually, in all honesty although some parts of the WvWvW map completion were intimidating at times, the sense of achievement when I got them more than compensated.

(edited by CaptainVenus.5179)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

I participate in WvW sometimes but not that much. In the meanwhile I have 100% completion. I got all points I could at first, then went back regulary to check on the status of the map.

The last ones I needed, on EB, were taken with a zerg and this due to the reason that many others wanted those poi’s.

Everybody is always interested in discovering a new POI. Why don’t you ask around and form an army just to get those castles that have POI’s you need? A commander can take charge and with some tactics get the job done.

But removing WvW from the “Been there, done that.” achievement is QQ. Then they might as well rename it to “Been almost there, done almost all but I wet my diaper along the way and needed it refreshed.”

WvW is part of the game and 100% completion means 100% completion. I was even surprised there are no POI’s in spvp that counts toward this achievement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

“Been there, done that” is a PvE title and should not require any PvP. Either move to WvW title section, which wouldn’t feel right either, or then remove WvW maps from title. It is rather easy to get all locations when on dominating server, but it is silly to require “system abuse” by server hopping to get PvE title done. Server selection should not be an hindrance to get PvE title, everyone should have equal chance to get titles done regardless what server they have chosen.

[Hex]

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This must be done.

In my world, half of those who got 100% did it by traveling to other worlds, and the other half is strolling around WvW doing nothing, while getting killed by practically going solo towards the points they need, ignoring any other things in the map.

The exploration achievements should be PvE, and the WvW ones split and moed to the WvW achievements section.

In WvW people should be doing WvW, not sightseeing and taking up slots that people that want to play would use otherwise.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

I believe that when the server matchups rotate, so too does your server’s starting position on each map. So, if you just nab the nearby areas each time the servers rotate (so, 3 weeks overall), it shouldn’t be too difficult to complete it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

But…you haven’t been there or done that…

in Suggestions

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

It needs to be changed, another reason I ran into last night was a bunch of bots rangers guarding one particular poi ~ and I’ve seen gank squads guarding vistas and the notorious jumping puzzle.

What needs to hapkitten simple ~

100% Map Completion (PvE) needs to be moved to Explorer Achievement.
Reward: Bronze Star + Title (Lets say ~ World Explorer)

100% Dungeon Map Completion needs to be moved into Dungeon Achievements.
Reward: Silver Star + Title (example: Dungeon Explorer)

100% Map Completion (W3) needs to be created an moved to World v World achievement.
Reward: Gold Star + Title (example: Battlefield Strategist)

100% of all three should be Reward: Purple Star + Been there, done that title as an example. I think this method would be the best for fairness and would reward players for exploring all the available content.

You also have to realize at the moment, high pop servers can and will guard Pois and Vistas, you really think a commander is going to organize a group of players to go sight-seeing?

Get it taken down -

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

I may eventually play WvWvW( once i get my guild big enough to field a decent team), however i dont want to be forced into playing it to attain 100% world completion so i agree with TsukasaHiiragi.9730’s idea of splitting the completion up into 3 separate achievements that then grant the Been there Done that one once you gain all 3. This split would no doubt give players more to work towards and a greater sense of completion once the final one is gained with those who choose not to play W3 getting the other 2 and being equally happy whilst not being forced into a game type they dont wish to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erf.7820

Erf.7820

I just don’t like the fact there’s PvE content inside PvP.

I do enjoy a little WvWvW here and there, but I’m after map completion and I feel bad for taking the spot of someone who might genuinely want to play PvP. And just how many slots are taking up each day for the jumping puzzle?

I want people in a PvP environment to be focused on PvP, not just running around being tourists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

disagree.

do not remove wvw from 100% world completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I agree, remove it so there will be less PvE carebears taking up WvW slots that could be filled by someone who actually wants to play WvW and not run around filling in empty squares.

Anet make Rev great again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

From reading I have to agree that both sides have very good merit and WvW is PvP and PvE combined.

Split achievements:- This seems like an obvious choice to clear up any frustration. Some servers will never own SMC and while transferring servers will help them get the completion there is not guarantee they will get back to their server anytime soon but it seems for certain players this might be their only chance to get 100% but what about when world transfers are gone and when they start charging gems? That is when the community will get riled up, having to pay gems just so they can get 100% and it is not down to their skill but their server population/skill.
Low server – no 100% – no legendary (something needs to be looked at)

100% Achievement:- Let’s be frank here, if you have not been there nor done that then do you really deserve the achievement? Not much to say on this one.

I agree with both sides on this matter, yes something needs to be thought of in the future as it might be impossible then (it is not impossible now but just takes time) but you should also do WvW and prove you were there for the achievement.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I agree, remove it so there will be less PvE carebears taking up WvW slots that could be filled by someone who actually wants to play WvW and not run around filling in empty squares.

well i dun mind hunting down pve carebears of the opposing team.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thomas Gallant.3851

Thomas Gallant.3851

I agree that removal or a change of the 100% map completion would be nice, I for one hate pvp and because of that I have to chose between not getting 100% or diving into a area with live PvP (not to mention having to wait til my server holds some of the locations). As for those who say that it wouldn’t be as if you have really “been there, done that” How many people with that title really have done everything and been everywhere in the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

Wait but.. How can you say you’ve been there and done that if… You haven’t been there and done that? I don’t get it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thomas Gallant.3851

Thomas Gallant.3851

Wait but.. How can you say you’ve been there and done that if… You haven’t been there and done that? I don’t get it.

Well if you want to get literal, you don’t have to do Everything or go Everywhere to get the title in the first place, so the name is already inaccurate. Also I have no objection to changing the name of the title to something else as mentioned elsewhere in this topic.