"Been There. Done That" & WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

I think there should be a system by which players are allowed to reach the vistas and POI’s in these maps without having to be forced into playing WvW or switching servers.

I feel it is unfair that many people that are mainly PvE players are forced to go and compete in WvW where many times if your world isnt good at WvW you dont even stand a chance at changing anything or taking over places.

Titles shouldn’t be something that depend on my luck when choosing servers but actually something that show my personal skills and dedication.

I dont understand why a title that is 95% centered in PvE exclusively suddenly forces you to go to WvW.

I think it would be better if the POI’s and vistas in WvW were openly accessible to everyone. This would still require some skill from you to be able to get to them probably fighting your way against other invaders but it wouldn’t be as bad as it is nowadays.

Maybe they could even introduce some sort of system by which when you go into WvW you have a 10 minute frame window in which you are World Neutral. You can press a button and leave this “Neutral State” as soon as u get into the WvW map, or you could use that time frame to hunt down the POI’s and vistas you need.

In any case it would be nice to see a fix to this, at least that is my personal opinion.

Thnaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: tyrranis.8430

tyrranis.8430

you want the title but dont want to do the work ohh ok!

Ronan devrari.
Gandara…

in Suggestions

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

you want the title but dont want to do the work ohh ok!

I want the title but I do not want the work? excuse me I’ve been all aroudn the map completing hearts, geting vistas, POIS’s and skill points and I don’t want to work for it?

I think you are being silly. Im just asking for fairness, if we have a title that is PvE centric they shouldn’t force yout o do WvW content to be able to finish it.

It is not fair, since in many cases people like me who like PvE content and are stuck in a World that does bad at WvW shouldn’t have the need to switch servers to be able to complete it.

In fact that is exactly why we have PvP daily, PvP monthly and PvE daily and PvE monthly.

All im asking is for this title to not be so tied, as it is right now, to how good your World does at WvW but actually to you personal skills and interest in the world of the game. I have little to no influence in how a whole world does at WvW, why should other players determine my chances at getting a title I worked really hard for? and why do I have to deal with people like YOU who treat PvE players as scum just cos we want to play PvE content and complete PvE titles without being forced into Competing against other players?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stryker Ace.4708

Stryker Ace.4708

I’d rather that not everything is easily achievable in this game. Let’s keep it challenging otherwise if its too easy then I’ll be done with it in a month.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Because it’s called world exploration, that means everything. I feel like you fail to understand how easy it is to guest to a server that is dominating and get those last few spots in ~10 minutes. Of all the possible things you could complain about, you choose one of the most illogical ones. Like the people who ask why you have to WvW for legendaries, yadda yadda blah blah whine whine. Willing to farm for hundreds of hours doing the same thing, but when they have to actually go do something besides spam 2 skills they complain about it. Ya’ll confuse me to no end.

(edited by Toast.6459)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

I’d rather that not everything is easily achievable in this game. Let’s keep it challenging otherwise if its too easy then I’ll be done with it in a month.

You mean like how the WvW Achievements are nearly unobtainable?

Ezhcim, just wondering, why are you going for this Achievement?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wrayk.2781

Wrayk.2781

Because it’s called world exploration, that means everything. I feel like you fail to understand how easy it is to guest to a server that is dominating and get those last few spots in ~10 minutes. Of all the possible things you could complain about, you choose one of the most illogical ones. Like the people who ask why you have to WvW for legendaries, yadda yadda blah blah whine whine. Willing to farm for hundreds of hours doing the same thing, but when they have to actually go do something besides spam 2 skills they complain about it. Ya’ll confuse me to no end.

Uh, I’m pretty sure you can’t guest in WvW. If you go to a guest server and then try to enter WvW, you are bounced back to your home server.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Uh, I’m pretty sure you can’t guest in WvW. If you go to a guest server and then try to enter WvW, you are bounced back to your home server.

Oh that’s right, my fault. It’s still easy to farm the gold needed to transfer to a medium population server that dominates and get your completion that way. Why should you have to? Well you don’t, you don’t have to have that title, and if it really matters to you that much then I’m sure you can wait for the possibility that your server takes the areas you need.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They are looking into rotating the map colors, independent of server rank. That should help when they put that in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fox Mulder.6907

Fox Mulder.6907

I totally agree with Ezhcim. It is nice to see all the fan boyz haven’t left the building. Boyz with a z to indicate how old these stupid arguments are here on the forums! The op stated they were willing to make the run through WvW & fight enemies. That’s not good enough for the flamers. Switch servers, make the content harder, you don’t have to do this title. Blah, blah, blah.

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

(edited by Fox Mulder.6907)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The people that have good servers, they don’t see the problem because they didn’t have it. Or else they took advantage of the free transfers and did it back then when it was easy.

So they say, just do it. Or just transfer, farm the money. But why should someone be forced to farm money and transfer out? Then farm more money to transfer to get a second area if that’s not enough. Then farm more money to get back to the server your guild is on. The game should be designed so you can do content without such work arounds. And how are you to get into territory that is held by other servers if your server isn’t strong enough to capture it? Besides the “farm money and transfer however many times it takes argument”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

It is called “Been there, done that” and it supposed to mean you have visited everything on all maps, including pvp.
When I got my title, my server was not dominating pvp (zombie coast got that nickname because despite being outnumbered by both servers in the battlegroup at the time we kept showing up and rallying to push back zergs that outnumbered us 3 to 1 very regularly) and I had to work my butt off to earn it.
You want a title, then earning it should be the call of the day, I didn’t take the panzy way out and transfer to get it like so many advocate doing. I put in the time and work to get it. For a month my warrior was an often seen name in team chat.

The WvW achievements are far from impossible or unachievable…you simply have to show up and play regularly…same with the pvp ranks (of which your tournament wins help less in achieving I have noticed, making the non-organized team play the preferable one for ranking up). You must play and play regularly to get anywhere. The fact the achievement isn’t likely to be obtained in a few days is a GOOD thing. Means you have to actually show some dedication.

Or is this really a grumbling over the legendary thing? Being that map completion is normally a hidden complaint about legendaries requiring 500 badges. Both the “been there, done that” title and the legendary should require some pvping as both are ment to represent that you have spent time everywhere participating in everything the game has to offer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rubykuby.3427

Rubykuby.3427

This really should not be something to complain about. “Been There. Done That” is a hard achievement to get. Consider WvW a challenge, not a hurdle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

My problem is all the BL maps are exactly the same map (are the SP’s the only thing that rotates?). I don’t understand why we have to do all 3. Also the problem is WvW is PvP. People can argue all they want, but people who do WvW religiously aren’t doing it to fight guards and wildlife. They’re playing to kill other players and take what they have (castles/points/forts etc). I really wish we didn’t suffer equipment damage when I’m killed by a player. I don’t mind getting killed in this environment. I do mind getting penalized for it by having to pay repairs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Can we just merge all the topics like this into one thread? Hearing pve players complain about pvp and post a new thread about it every week is getting old.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

This really should not be something to complain about. “Been There. Done That” is a hard achievement to get. Consider WvW a challenge, not a hurdle.

Remove the WvW requirement. WvW people are complaining there are stragglers catting around doing map completion without any contribution. To be perfectly honest, why did they even combine PvE content with WvW anyway?

Leave PvE, PvP, and WvW to be separate, and everyone should be happy

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

My problem is all the BL maps are exactly the same map (are the SP’s the only thing that rotates?). I don’t understand why we have to do all 3. Also the problem is WvW is PvP. People can argue all they want, but people who do WvW religiously aren’t doing it to fight guards and wildlife. They’re playing to kill other players and take what they have (castles/points/forts etc). I really wish we didn’t suffer equipment damage when I’m killed by a player. I don’t mind getting killed in this environment. I do mind getting penalized for it by having to pay repairs.

It is a PvP environment, the price for not keeping your head up and on a swivel (use left mouse click and rotate your camera as you run to keep an eye on who is around you) is to pay your repair bill. My girl hates PvP and still has fun in the change of combat style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’d rather say remove the PvE requirements for this title.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kaioshade.7682

kaioshade.7682

WvWvW map completion has been a pretty sore spot among players, myself included. When i had to go to WvWvW for map completion, i was furious, even joined in the discussions expressing my displeasure at the requirement.

While i still do not 100% like the idea of necessitating a semi PvP aspect to the completion, i can understand why ArenaNet did it. My server (Tarnished Coast) very frequently gets slaughtered in WvWvW and it was extremely difficult, and sometimes in my eyes, outright impossible to get the completion.

When the servers switch colors, i would log on and try to get the points i could. It took quite a while of waiting and planning, but eventually i DID get those points. And interestingly enough, i dont mind hopping in WvWvW and doing a few objectives, helping take a keep here and there either (I need the Gift of Battle anyway, might as well have some fun doing it!)

For anyone who hates WvWvW and finds it extremely difficult to get the points, stick with it. You WILL obtain it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

it’s pretty much as i feel about daily achievement. Its hardly ever doable in WvW only…