Berseker/Dire/Rabid (ect) Crystals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

How I got to the idea
I just spent all the 40 gold I had on my engies gear. I got berserkers gear for a granade power build. I did a bit of WWW with it. The dmg I was hoping for wasn’t there and I was easily killed despite having full lvl 80 exotic gear on me and playing everything right. I also got 1 shot in dungeons quite a bit..

I want to switch over to a condition type WWW and dungeon build that has good survivability , mobility and a bit of party support to that. Problem is, that would mean spending 40g again for gear when I just cashed out all my money for the gear I had. What now?

Idea
How about crystals, transmution stones or whatever you want to call it that can change the stats of gear from ie Berserker to Dire?
Why don’t I just buy a new set of armor and transmute it to get the gear?
That would be more expensive. The transmution crystals alone will be a lot of money, then another 40 gold for the Rabid gear itself.

More indepth
What I have in mind is that these crystals, transmution stones or whatever can be gotten from salvaging rares or exotics. You would have like 5-10% chance of getting it depending on is the armor rare or exotic and the salvage kit you use. It could also be gotten from world boss drops, completion chests.
An obvious thing but I feel like it should be mentioned, if you salvage Berserker gear you should get Berserker crystals/stones.
Please don’t make it only available in the gem store.

Important thing
The crystals should be priced so that 6 of them shouldn’t go over 10-12 gold or else they won’t really be that useful to buy. I think a good price for one would be around 2 gold. That way if I for an example got exotic lvl 80 gear (1 piece of the gear is around 4.7g if I remember correctly) I don’t get a whole new set. Because if one crystals is 4 or 5 gold I might as well buy another set of gear and salvage my old gear.

Pineapples rule

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Honestly, I prefer the current system. Everyone who killed world bosses or level crafting to make or win that gear you buy would be losing out while Anet is the only ones to profit. Not that I am against Anet profiting, I am simply against other players getting shorted on the rewards for getting the loot.

As well, that would remove reasons to run dungeons, kill world bosses and what not. Rewards make the world go round.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Yeah I see what you mean.. Didn’t think of that really. Still, players I don’t think will be loosing too much. I still think that this should be added because if we decide to change builds I don’t think it’s really fair that we need to re-buy the entire gear and just trash the one we had even though that’s 40g going down the toilet. That’s where we’re loosing. That could be balanced out by removing soul and account bound but that would get the entire economy down the toilet. Cheers!

Pineapples rule