Bestiary

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nijay.7069

Nijay.7069

I am a collector at heart and I love the beastiary feature in many games where you can see a list of all the monsters in the game and the ones you have killed show stats, flavor text, locations, that sort of thing. With the crafting component collections I would love to see a beastiary, at least a basic one, and have an achievement related to killing every creature in the game.

I think it could add a good motivation for higher level players to pay attention to “kill the champion mob” events in lower level zones, or map areas off the beaten path. The karka DE map has a champion reef skelk and champion shark that I bet went unkilled my most players, including myself as the groups were only forming for the zerg. The zerg did not travel the way of those rare creatures, and few players could be seen exploring off the beaten path.

This could allow headhunter rewards, dialogue options, or access to restricted zones/dungeons, maybe work a little like personality. And we could always use another reason to group up. As good as it is to help people complete events, it gets a little old hat after a time, and while long-term it wouldn’t solve population issues in certain zones, it could boost some interest in those events and help out players, too.

With the unseen hunter race, it seems like sport hunting has some basis in the story of Tyria as well, and the area with the chaos portal and several strange enemy types could easily be expanded into a hunter’s kind of event. Instead of halloween doors, chaos portals could open and spawn random enemies across a couple zones. Something like that. Maybe their loot tables could be randomized, too

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Could also supply even more achievement points. Kill a champion/vet/anything and their data is collected. Collect enough data to get actual prizes like minis.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

I like this idea, give it the works, rotatable model, little bit of flavor text, base stats, move information... It would be an interesting thing to browse through and read.

Hell, even if they didn’t want to go through the trouble of doing something like that ingame, the wiki could be set up with a bestiary page, narrowing down creatures by type, and species and subspecies. All we would really need from arenanet are base stats, and any flavor information the content designers thought up.

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nijay.7069

Nijay.7069

The minis- YES. VERY YES.

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I love bestiaries in any game period. Good suggestion. Maybe even add some “collect them all” achievements and items associated with it.

Knowledge is power.

Bestiary

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Gotta agree with this as a love looking through tabletop bestieries when im bored and the lack of one in game is a real shame, you could even reintroduce that lore tome idea that got removed as a way of gaining extra information/insight on a monster and its habits once you’ve fully uncovered every variation and breed in the world, maybe hide hints at future expansions to certain races/breeds within said tomes aswell.