Better inventory organization

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chopstix.1483

Chopstix.1483

I always find myself having to scroll over each item in my inventory to check if it’s a blue/green armor piece, salvage item, trophy etc. I would rather be able to look at my inventory as a whole and have an idea of what kinds of items I have. Maybe adopt a color scheme for the background of the image shown in the inventory for certain archetypes of items? Also maybe making the ‘compact’ button in the inventory organize the items by armor, weapons, salvage items etc. That would help with organization too. Something to the effect of what Aion had.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Um…

Have you looked into getting specialized bags? Because if you pick up stuff, those can automatically put them into a specific bag if they are:

• Armor
  • Junk
  • Crafting Materials
  • Weapons or armor

Personally, I run with 2 regular bags, an invisible bag for my swappable gear, a crafting bag and an equipment bag

Basically, by getting a craftman’s bag, an equipment bag, an oiled bag and a regular bag, your drops will autosort on pickup into materials, gear, junk and other stuff. The other stuff will amount to quest items and salvageables. Throw in an invisible bag for any stuff that you don’t wanna sell, such as gear, WvW stuff and consumables.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chopstix.1483

Chopstix.1483

Um…

Have you looked into getting specialized bags? Because if you pick up stuff, those can automatically put them into a specific bag if they are:

• Armor
  • Junk
  • Crafting Materials
  • Weapons or armor

Personally, I run with 2 regular bags, an invisible bag for my swappable gear, a crafting bag and an equipment bag

Basically, by getting a craftman’s bag, an equipment bag, an oiled bag and a regular bag, your drops will autosort on pickup into materials, gear, junk and other stuff. The other stuff will amount to quest items and salvageables. Throw in an invisible bag for any stuff that you don’t wanna sell, such as gear, WvW stuff and consumables.

That does help. Something I didn’t mention but could be used is to make the backgrounds of the icons in your inventory color coated to reflect the rarity of the item (blues, greens, yellows etc.) so we can tell the rarity without having to scroll over each item.