Big List of Suggestions and Ideas!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Here’s the list i’d like for everyone to take some time and read. Please feel free to leave and comments or simply list which ones you agree with.

*And I’d definitely love to hear from any members from the Anet community!

1. Name Changing:
When will we be able to change our names? Some players want to change from Female to Male but they started their character off with a Female name. Please Update with a Name changing option. My thoughts on this was possibly a first time free use, any time after that is charged.

2. Customizable Quickbar:
Possibly a mini customizable quickbar tool? So we Quick tap Food, Nourishment, Weapons, and anything else we might want to be able to easily click on and activate. My suggestion if you like this idea is, make this mini toolbar a minimizable window maybe on the side or anywhere on the screen, a little arrow you can click and open then click to close.

3. Guilds:
The name Guild Wars can really give off the message that Guilds are a big thing in this game. Could you possibly add any improvements to Guilds? Here are some if my ideas:

• Guilds have several paths they can specialize in.
    And each path has nice passives and boosters. but guilds can only choose 1 path
  • Politics:
    Guild Promoters 2000 influence- These Promoters Walk around the city you activate them in helping to promote your Guild. Anyone can walk up to promoters and see all information about each guild.
  • Art of War:
    Guild Defense 5000 Influence: Each “path” or each guild has the option to summon Guild Tower/Camp/Keep or Castle Defenders.
    These defenders are Champions (Near Lord) and Veterans (That patrol and guard outter areas) They should consist of Healers, Casters, and Tanks. Along the wall, Guild Champion (or veteran) Rangers will be stationed along the walls of the claimed area or the outter perimeter and constantly spam AoE Rain Arrows and between each round of Arrow Rain, shoot individual targets.

The ones I listed in politics and art of war I would suggest.

Architecture:
GUILD HOUSES!!!!!

Now this is really something I am hoping for. Possible creation of a new zone, Housing Area. Where Guilds can Build their Houses from the Ground up, and inside the houses they can put guild belongings rather than having to use that guild vault merchant. There can be chests in the guild houses. Now with this idea I was kind of also thinking that you could make this a PvP zone too.. Hehe. Like Guilds Building their houses up in a non-guild friendly zone. This could be your Guild Vs. Guild Area. Except…. This is a every Guild for themselves sort of thing. I dont know… Maybe the Guild house vaults are reward items and every guild can steal from each guild’s vault if they manage to break in… but you can purchase MANY MANY MANY NPC defenders to defend your house and….. Well maybe this is crazy talk. If you like the idea you can do something with it… One thing I hope YOU (ANET) WILL DO… is… IMPROVE GUILDS. Give it more add-ons… Please? Also take away the multiple guilds thing… It’s rubbish. (No offense…) I mean not everyone stays loyal to thier guild and all they do is take up space. Please please pleeeassseeee…. improve guilds. and make sure you can only have 1 guild per account unless you leave the guild and join another… that… or you can only have 1 guild per character.

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

4. GvG. GUILD. VERSUS. GUILD
YES this game is called GUILD wars. I hope you guys come out with an update for a Guild vs Guild thing. Massive amounts of Guild members or a small amount. Whatever works!!! Maybe they have to have a commander to enter (make commander a bit more useful) they have to join a commaders party, guilds can put up wagers and stuff.. bet money, or some other reward you guys can come up with? Laurels maybe? IDK!!!! but have a nice GvG Brawl.

5. NEW SUPPORT CLASS
The Bard… The Monk… The Minstrel… Whatever you would like to name it.

• Make this a instrumental class…
    This class uses its mastery of instruments and infuses magic within thier passion for it.
    They can use their magic to cast support spells such as:

Swiftness
Protection
Might
Fury
Stability
Regeneration
AND ALL OTHER BOONS.

Since this is a support class they should have siginificantely longer boon duration that all other classes and all of their boons can be applied to ALL party members and the first 5-10 people in the song’s range. ALSO this should be the first ever class that can cast constant HEALS… NOT REGEN!!.. This way this game is more group friendly and this can be used as an advantage to making this game more interested gameplay wise. People can finally use strategy! instead of tackling things head on and hoping things go well…

6. Healing Power and Regeneration:
Please don’t base the amount of heals you can get from another player off of YOUR healing power. for example….

My Guardian has about 1000 healing power (Take note this is all estimations)
I can pop “Hold the line!” and heal for a good 1800hp but my buddy… Billy the Warrior has no healing power. He heals for 1200. 600 can make a difference. same goes for the elite tome of courage skill 1. I can heal around 2500-3500 a cast. someone w/o healing power heals maybe 1000-2000 I think it’d be better if healing was based off the person who applies the heal. so if they heal but have no healing power… then the ally gets a weak heal. but if they’re focused into healing power and heal an ally… then the ally heals a good amount.

7. Emotes:
to simply put it, can you guys add more emotes please hehe.

I can keep going and going all morn til night but i’ll end this here.. This is a list of ideas I hope you all read and consider. Maybe add on or make some changes? Let’s hope we can get some awesome improvements for Guild Wars 2 and make this an Even BETTER game than it already is!

Food for thought

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

I actually had to break the post in half because it was so long! :P

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

What I would really love for Anet to do is IMPROVE Guilds and Make Group Party a more essential tool (mainly for wvw) Thats where a “new support class” comes into play. This way people WANT to group up. of course by making this new class it’ll require some major improvments in other classes… but i’m sure Anet can come up with ideas to help balance this out, through gem store and more.

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

Just gonna add another idea..
1. DUELING

We should get the option to DUEL in a PUBLIC area. Rather than having to duel in PvP in some random server. a /duel @ command or something

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ian Kennedy.4563

Ian Kennedy.4563

They took out the Holy Trinity for a reason. Making a profession with heals would be a breaking of what they originally promised not to do. Plus making a profession entirely supportive would make it impossible to play simply because you couldn’t fight anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: frostflare.6390

frostflare.6390

I am agaist the Bard Misntral/Preist. That sound increadibly…Dull? I think that anet tried very hard to avoid making one class to “easy” for new players so that the game doesnt become easymode. The failed a point, but just sticking heal-kittens back in the game is like Throwing gw2 off a cliff and then bombing it with a nuke. If you cant survive basic battle, learn to play. My ele is not a bunker at all, and she can survive most heavy hits.
My necro is heavily bursty, ands he can take a hit to. Warriors just laught and get beat on. Seriosly no need for such a class.
Now im not against another class(Id love a chornomancer, although they were absorbed into that dam Mesmer). But It has to be more creative and usefull then “IM A HEALER”.
The rest of the ideas, are nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gregor lightbringer.7143

gregor lightbringer.7143

We NEED GvG back in Guild WARS. Period. Just about ALL my friends, who were GW1 players who go back as far as open beta days, are basically quiting because WvWvW can mostly be a zerg-fest and structured PvP is more like a cross between random/team arenas from GW1 and capture the flag. I know they were trying to eliminate the trinity, and thus had to redo how the pvp is done. It removed, however, the sense of the “war of attrition” and true tactical sense that GW1 GvG had. Without going into it too deeply, I feel that the original GW1 PvP commnunity was abandoned for the sake of a more “traditional” mmo game.