Black Lion Chest/Key Improvement

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I was fiddling around with a few ideas and figured I would share. I haven’t spent long analyzing all the drawbacks etc so hear me out :P

As many of you know BL chests drop pretty frequently for most. But the keys not so much. I think one way to improve this would be to make it so that the Mystic Forge rewarded you a key for X amount of boxes. I don’t know the best ratio but lets say you have 20 Black Lion Chests, which are going for around 3c on TP right now. You take 20, 5 of each, and put into the Mystic Forge. You get rewarded 1 key for the deposit. This allows you to go use it on another chest. Another benefit of this is the economic part, with this idea the chests would possibly go up in price a little. Maybe, say, 10c each? So if you don’t all those chests you can simply make a decent game coin off them. I’ve included a pic below for people to see.

My second idea is sort of similar but differs in 2 ways. instead of 20 (or X amount) boxes it would only be 3. You head to the laurel vendor and for 1 laurel you buy an item to combine with the 3 boxes. You toss in the Mystic Forge the 3 chests and the 1 laurel item you bought. And boom a key Since people won’t have tons of laurels it won’t hurt the gem store too much and will help the economy for people selling boxes.

With either of these ideas Anet could add more items to drop from these boxes, making them more wanted and interesting. Perhaps even adding event items to them during game events during things like Halloween, Christmas(Winter season), etc.

Well that’s my idea for the boxes, let me know what you think. I look forward to the constructive replies.

Do you like one or the other? Both or neither? And why? Thanks for your input.

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

It would also get rid of this problem:

:P

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Uhm, considering the idea is to intrigue you to get some gems & buy the keys, I do not see this happening

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Ok, let me put this up here.

• 100 Gems costs 1.91 Gold right now, according to GW2Spidy.
  • 1 Black Lion Key costs 125 Gems
  • Thus 1 Black Lion Key costs 2.3875 Gold.

You suggested a conversion rate of 20 Black Lion Chests for 1 key. Now, being idealistic and saying that the gem conversion wouldn’t change, which it might, that would cause the Black Lion Chests to go up in value from 3 copper to 0.119375 Gold, or 11.93 Silver. That’s a massive inflation. And it’s obviously non-sustainable.

And as was said, the Black Lion Keys are a Gem Store item. Looking at how they removed the Black Lion Keys from the Lyns, possibly due to people using her to get cheap keys, it’s really not likely that you would see them giving people means of getting cheaper keys.

This is especially true since they have in past put holiday themed skins into the chests. The TP folk would hoard a crapton of the keys until the next time they did this, then open up chests, get the skins and sell them for profit. And that’s just not in the spirit of celebration.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

The chests are kind of a formality since they’re so easy to come by. Honestly, I don’t see why they even exist.

Just replace the keys with unlocked chests and delete the locked chests from the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The chests are kind of a formality since they’re so easy to come by. Honestly, I don’t see why they even exist.

Because ANet sells the keys.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

I like the idea, but i dont see how it makes sense for anets monetary purposes. Yes, they do need to keep making money in order for the monthly development cycles.

It depends though really. If sales of black lion keys go right down i dont see why allowing for more in game ways to obtain them hurt – they do need to do something about how worthless the chests are anyways. I dont know anyone who buys keys… actually know a few guildies that grind them (making new chars method) but usually BL chests end up in our guild vault – actually on our third stack of them

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Anet already knows this, but the only way people will buy BL keys is if there is a compelling reason for people to want to open BL chests.

Right now, the chests don’t contain anything worth the cost of the keys. Lower the price of the keys, change the contents or chance of different contents – do something.

The BL chest/key concept is a good one, it just needs a major overhaul.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Just pay 2000 gems for deluxe upgrade. You get banker golem to open all your chests.

Yet we still need an alternative option once that runs out as its only temporarily.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Just pay 2000 gems for deluxe upgrade. You get banker golem to open all your chests.

Yet we still need an alternative option once that runs out as its only temporarily.

Huh???? How is that possible? I thought only keys open those chests?

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Opps I was thinking of the Asuran Butler Golem in betas. That was removed after release. Why though? It would be nice if we paid 80+ dollars for the game, we could open our chest for free again…

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Opps I was thinking of the Asuran Butler Golem in betas. That was removed after release. Why though? It would be nice if we paid 80+ dollars for the game, we could open our chest for free again…

Ahhh fair enough

Yeah would be nice to have something like that. However, any method that would increase the rate of chest opening would result in the price of chest to soar.

Still, IMO, the rate of keys could be slithgly improved.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!