Blindness Causes Fear to MISS?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Why does blindness cause fear to miss? This is a defect in my opinion because it makes no sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Unless that person is Zatoichi, why would someone be scared of someone that is guaranteed to miss you?

All joking aside, is the Fear attached to an attack as opposed to just a plain old skill?

“Blindness is cured on the next outgoing attack, regardless of whether that attack would’ve hit anything if not for the blindness or how long the blindness had been stacked up for. "

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Blindness causes everything to miss. Blindness causes the weakness from warhorn to miss. “I can’t hear you because you’re blind”.

Besides, it’s a game mechanic. This is quite obviously not a realism based game.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Most conditions are caused by an attack, even if the condition is the main point of the skill it’s “applied” through that “attack”, that’s what is missing, thus the condition is not applied. At least, I’m pretty sure that’s what’s happening.

Or maybe a better way to look at it, it’s not the condition that missed but the attempt to apply the condition that missed. Does that make sense?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Blindness causes everything to miss. Blindness causes the weakness from warhorn to miss.

Obviously what happens is that when you try to bring the warhorn to your mouth, you miss and throw it over your shoulder.

Certainly it seems counter-intuitive for wide-field AoEs to miss a target standing right in the middle of them just because the caster is blind. But that doesn’t negate the fact that it’s a necessary game mechanic. If blindness didn’t cause AoEs to miss, it would be substantially less useful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I think if you use Reaper’s Mark the damage is absorbed by the blind, and then fear kicks in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dilige Vitam.1956

Dilige Vitam.1956

Would you be scared by someone trying to act scary when they don’t even know where you are? I don’t know about you, but I’d see them as just pulling stupid faces/making stupid noises in random directions, I wouldn’t fear that at all.