Bolt rework...

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Since Bolt has already nice effects but the sword itself is awful ugly (many players seems to agree on this)…
While it needs a rework could it be made less similar to a bad textured club?

Swords are the best skins in the game, with only exception being the legendary

Fotm sword, Ac sword, bonestti’s rapier, lord taerer’s shadow, whisperblade all awesome…..i feel bad for using bolt.

If just it was more thin and elegant would be awesome….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Disagree with all points. ESPECIALLY the last one.

You made bolt knowing what it was.

I made bolt knowing what it was.

If they change the look of it, it is going to upset 99% of bolt users, and please only you.

Aside from the duplication bug that needs to be fixed, nothing else should be changed.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I’d actually put the effort into making bolt if I could transmute its lighting effect on to a diferent weapon without having to keep the skin. I think its skin is pretty ugly too.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Question: Why not transmute a skin you like onto it so you still get the benefits of it being Legendary?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

LordByron.8369

Question: Why not transmute a skin you like onto it so you still get the benefits of it being Legendary?

Particle effects and the fear of what will happen with the next tier/level cap.

Just try to imagine how infinitely cool would be a bonetti’s rapier with bolt effects for example…..

It would take me a week to decide wich skin to apply to bolt if i could mantain the lightning on the new skin

Yet most people i asked agree on bolt being ugly maybe not 100% but really most people i bet.

And seeing how this point is often made on the forum i seriously doubt that would displease more than 1%….

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

when trying to decide which legendary i wanted for my ranger, Bolt was my final choice precisely because of its appearance and particle effects (and because rangers can’t use rifles yet). while the sword could use a couple of tweaks here and there, it’s a far cry from being ugly

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Particle effects and the fear of what will happen with the next tier/level cap.

I can’t really help with the particle effects (and unless ANet release some sort of skin editor tool, they’ll never be able to produce a look everyone will like), but when you transmute, I’m pretty sure it’s still considered as a Legendary, thus you’ll keep the benefits of the stats and stat switching.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Bolt rework...

in Suggestions

LordByron.8369

mmm then why did they mail a free trasmutation splitter per legendary to each owner?

seems extremely risky to me..

GW2 balance: