Boons tied to healing to something else?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Boons tied to healing abilities and dodges unless they do something like improve what they do (Grant Regeneration when they heal.), (Grant Vigor when you dodge.) should be changed, because it does not benefit you.

For example:

GRANTS SWIFTNESS when you heal!

This almost makes healing worthless, because now you need to pretty much waste your “6” ability when you should be using it when you need it, not using it for a buff you need, this is totally stupid when other classes have things like “Gain Swiftness when you critical.” which can be used at almost any time.

GRANTS Vigor when you heal!

This is kind of “What?” because you need vigor when you dodge, not when you heal, when you heal your endurance could be full.

Honestly, traits like this should be changed to:

Grants Regeneration when you heal.
Grants Vigor when you roll.
Grants Swiftness when you critically hit.

This makes it its intended roll, and makes it a lot funner of a trait, because your benefitting from it.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

Boons tied to healing abilities and dodges unless they do something like improve what they do (Grant Regeneration when they heal.), (Grant Vigor when you dodge.) should be changed, because it does not benefit you.

For example:

GRANTS SWIFTNESS when you heal!

This almost makes healing worthless, because now you need to pretty much waste your “6” ability when you should be using it when you need it, not using it for a buff you need, this is totally stupid when other classes have things like “Gain Swiftness when you critical.” which can be used at almost any time.

GRANTS Vigor when you heal!

This is kind of “What?” because you need vigor when you dodge, not when you heal, when you heal your endurance could be full.

Honestly, traits like this should be changed to:

Grants Regeneration when you heal.
Grants Vigor when you roll.
Grants Swiftness when you critically hit.

This makes it its intended roll, and makes it a lot funner of a trait, because your benefitting from it.

I totally agree with this. Why am I getting Regen when I active swiftness?
I can see it as a escape mechanic though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clockwork Cake.9138

Clockwork Cake.9138

I think the idea of them doing this is to give you the incentive to have a more active play style, although it’s not always really obvious at first. For example, granting vigor or swiftness on heal means that it helps you avoid incoming damage by aiding your dodge rolls or allowing you to escape a potentially fatal situation, which is what you want when your health is low enough to use a heal skill. I was confused by this a little until I thought about it more too.
One of the guardian trait lines (if you’re grandmaster) first gives you vigor on critical, then the second heals a small amount on dodge roll, then the third makes you do more damage at low endurance. By adding this in they’re trying to make you want to dodge around some more.