Boss chest lockout timer

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can we get an interface in the hero tab that gives boss chest lockout timers? Now that you have implemented this raid style once a day loot scheme it is getting hard to keep track of 12 separate chests across multiple characters.

Just a simple locked/unlocked in red and green letters next to the name of each boss in a list would suffice.

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Agreed, having more than one character makes it hard to know on which character you’ve done the bosses on. Especially when your alt is almost identical to your main -_-

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

Yes, I would love this..EQ2 did it really well

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I will third this. I usually go to GW2 dragon timer for times and to get a gauge on what I’ve done. However people keep resetting the timer and screwing it up.. It would be good if we also had a dragon timer in game that you could hide/display or a timer for the pre events. The little hints they provide in orange are good but mostly overlooked by a lot of players because you usually see in map chat “is Tequatl here?” “Has Jormag flown by yet”. Excellent suggestion OP!!

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oda.2348

Oda.2348

I will third this. I usually go to GW2 dragon timer for times and to get a gauge on what I’ve done. However people keep resetting the timer and screwing it up.. It would be good if we also had a dragon timer in game that you could hide/display or a timer for the pre events. The little hints they provide in orange are good but mostly overlooked by a lot of players because you usually see in map chat “is Tequatl here?” “Has Jormag flown by yet”. Excellent suggestion OP!!

This was not the intention of the original request. The original request was a way to track which boss/event chests you have completed on a character for the daily lockout, so that you do not mistakenly attend the event twice when you will not receive rewards.

This, I agree with 100%.

I do not think In-Game Timers for the events themselves should be added.

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I have 8 level 80’s now, I really don’t see how you can mistaken what character you have done it on and not. Secondly take a a pad of paper and pencil or pen and write all your character names down check they character name when you have done it. In 24 hours you can come back and do it again.

I am sorry but adding a feature in the game because you can not do a simple tracking process that any 4th grader is taught is not a valid reason to devote time to making it an in game idea. Especially when they have more pressing issues like, Culling, and doing something about greedy players that guest n 4 different servers and loot the chest 5 different times, which by the ways is causing the events to be so lagged down no one is really having fun. So as rude as I may have sounded, I think it is rude to ask for something you can accomplish on your own with out it being an in game mechanic or interface option, especially when there are more pressing issues at hand.

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oda.2348

Oda.2348

I have 8 level 80’s now, I really don’t see how you can mistaken what character you have done it on and not. Secondly take a a pad of paper and pencil or pen and write all your character names down check they character name when you have done it. In 24 hours you can come back and do it again.

Mildly valid, but annoying.

I am sorry but adding a feature in the game because you can not do a simple tracking process that any 4th grader is taught is not a valid reason to devote time to making it an in game idea. Especially when they have more pressing issues like, Culling, and doing something about greedy players that guest n 4 different servers and loot the chest 5 different times, which by the ways is causing the events to be so lagged down no one is really having fun. So as rude as I may have sounded, I think it is rude to ask for something you can accomplish on your own with out it being an in game mechanic or interface option, especially when there are more pressing issues at hand.

1. No need to be offensive.
2. Agreed that larger problems such as culling and major event lag should be prioritized above this.
3. You cannot loot an event chest multiple times within a lockout by guesting on other servers.

Boss chest lockout timer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Yes you can, why do you think people are doing it lol. This is one of the major overlaying problems, there are tons of people on the Dynamic event forums talking about the lag issues and that they them selves guest on other servers just to loot the chest.

Also in my mind I am not being rude, especially when stating the obvious, although I apologized in the case someone took it rudely.

(edited by Kaimick.5109)