Bot solution - Glob of Dolyak Dung

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

A free item from Black Lion Trading Company!

Glob of Dolyak Dung
You can drop it on the ground and let botters pick it up! Not only will it make their fingers stink, but it also pops a window up in a random spot on screen asking them “Want to drop the dung and wash your hands?”. Players accidentally picking this up could click Yes easily. Botters can’t click the button when it’s randomly placed, and are stuck and defenseless as mobs mow them down.

Players will not only do the work for you, but enjoy seeing the results.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Then the bot will just be added to check if skill 1-5 have changed and look for “Yes” on the screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Then the bot will just be added to check if skill 1-5 have changed and look for “Yes” on the screen.

Make it randomly move around the screen! And then they slowly turn into dolyak dung! They become the tool to stop the next bot!

in Suggestions

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I love this idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

Wont work unless you had to type a randomized string of letters/numbers. Anything else could easily be coded into botting programs.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

wont work they will just make fail safe functions and people will just use it to be annoying for legit players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jalador.8935

Jalador.8935

I think they need active GM’s around problem areas and insta ban with the mighty hammer, im on SoS and the human starting area has a train of at least 20 bots “so much for banning them” as they have been here more than 2weeks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

I miss the days when we had dozens of bots shooting fireworks instead of kittening up the game. Stupid adapting programmers :-P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Bring back the Dhuum ban.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Bring back the Dhuum ban.

Bring back the Dhuum ban, like a sir.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

How do you recognize a bot? I mean, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a few but I’m not 100% certain. Just idling in some area doesn’t make ya a bot.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

How do you recognize a bot? I mean, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a few but I’m not 100% certain. Just idling in some area doesn’t make ya a bot.

Oh you can’t miss them. The most blatant one are like 3+ character all of whom who look the same, is the same class (or hunter + 2 warriors) and running together and just attacking everything in their path. Not really reacting to the environment or behaving in a way a human player would. Also remember that even the most hardcore “game mechanic” enthusiast, as opposed to say something who takes their RPG seriously, has some attachment to their avatar. They are very unlikely to name them “asfasfasf” <— actual name of a bot I reported.

The most disturbing bot I encountered was in Forstgorge Sound. The bot, an ele I think, was just standing on a cliff and attacking all the mobs near it as soon as they spawned. There were also half a dozen dead avatar at its feet. The whole thing had a weird, creepy vibe to it. I ended-up avoiding that cliff top for the rest of my time in Frostgorge Sound just because I didn’t want to risk running into that bot and its corpse pile again.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

they also stand on the exact same spot firing constantly. Most are rangers with the same bear pet. They run forward to grab loot or follow mobs, but they teleport back to that exact spot where the rest of them are standing.

I’ve been seeing more than just asdkfjkd names. Some even have guild tags and I can only assume they’re hacked accounts.

There is surely a way to make this work via moving the window, changing it slightly each time (randomized code) or changing what it is they’re supposed to click on. (one of these things doesn’t belong, click on it)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sister Xing.9072

Sister Xing.9072

I suggest that they implement a program that once the player is reported these things happen:
#1 A menu (that can’t be closed) comes up with one of those pictures we all see when we sign up for accounts. (those ones that say “type what you see here”)
#2 Implement a time limit. Ex 1 minute or so
#3 If they don’t type in what the “picture” says then they get kicked from the game.

That keeps normal players from being wrongly reported and bots off the game ^-^

Lalaith Nimdae (Nim), Level 80 Ranger
Sactum of Rall
Guild Wars community member since Aug 2006

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

Just add a GM, even 1 per server. Banning bots, reseting bugged events etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fazhu.4519

Fazhu.4519

From what I’ve send from different game; like what tom said;usually after a certain time period online, a popup will appear and you’ll be ask a certain question with a question, spot the difference, or a general question. Make the pool of question so it’s not easily recognizable.