3. Goto a botting area.
4. Lay fireworks down where the bots kills mobs
5. lol as the bots pick up your fireworks
6. Enjoy the show.

Bots - Suggestion for Users - How To Deal With Them

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frvwfr.4307

Frvwfr.4307

I like this. Honestly, ANet should use something similar to this to catch botters, just for the lols

in Suggestions

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

T’is a bit of fun indeed. And they are absolutely piling up in some areas so it makes it easy in place. 5+ bots tossing of fireworks makes quite a display!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

Very nice!! So I assume that when they pick up the firework it replaces their normal weapon? Does that mean if I can drop enough fireworks when an event starts that all the bots might die?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

Man, I’m just starting out here. I spent 12s on fireworks and dropped about 20+ at the centaur bridge. I think if I could drop 150 fireworks that it MIGHT wipe all the botters at that bridge. It looks like a simple script, I don’t think they have a rez routine.

Someone who’s independently wealthy want to give this a shot? Or just mail me 150 fireworks, I’ll do the dirty work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I think Anet should give all the bots some sort of environmental weapons when they detect them or just create a non public server and start putting them all there. Then cut of that server from the public trading Post.

P. S. Auto-correct sucks

in Suggestions

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

Or maybe warp em into an Arena that they cant get out of. Then tag them so that all see each other as a normal mob to attack.

And thus The Great Bot War begins. Who shall come out victorious???

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I found a bot today and gave him the fireworks, which he took happily. But then he just stopped doing anything. He didn’t shoot fireworks and the mobs couldn’t hurt him at all.

At least it stopped him from farming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

My guess is that it will eventually set the bot’s code off to start beeping the computer or something to get the bot wrangler to check it eventually. But good find, I think I’ll be carrying some fireworks around now.

Confirmed: it works. I broke a bot down to nudity doing it. Unfortunately the bot knew how to teleport back to it’s origonal position. Fortunately I just picked up my fireworks every time she died, only using 45c total in the bot trolling.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnu.4178

Gnu.4178

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Saw my first bots some days ago and wished i had the means to do sth. about it. This is just perfect! (although i guess bots will adapt to that soon)

I’ll definitley consider a fireworks-donation Colonel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Striata.6739

Striata.6739

I think Anet should give all the bots some sort of environmental weapons when they detect them or just create a non public server and start putting them all there. Then cut of that server from the public trading Post.

P. S. Auto-correct sucks

If Arena Net has detected them as botting I think they should be perma banned not given a environmental weapon (I’m not attacking and I apologize if it comes across that way, I’m just a little sore about the number of bots running rampant on the server I play on that I’ve been reporting for the last 15 days now).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnu.4178

Gnu.4178

I agree. If Anet does anything then it should definitely be banning those accounts. I would not mind some spectacular animation though

@Colonel Kernel: Just discovered fireworks are soulbound so i’m afraid i can’t mail you some

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

Ah just train a herd of critters on top of ’em and break aggro – watch ’em die horribly.