Bring Back The Ancient Karka.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Bring Back the Ancient Karka every 4 months, with the same sort of chest rewards as the first time.

1. It would reduce the cost of precursors, which many people would like to see. Its enough of a grind for an average player to acquire a legendary as it is and precursors prices ain’t looking to come down any time soon. I can think of so many people that say that the Legendary Idea is a great achievement but there is a brick wall which they are hitting called the precursor, which is why they will never even attempt getting one. All the other gifts can be done by anyone in game over time which is great just over different time scales, but some of the precursors are just got either by extreme luck or a very large bank balance.

2. It was quite unfair last time the amount of people that had to miss out of the “one time event” due to work etc (I wasn’t one of them I was there).

3. Southsun coast is dead, waste of map. The only people u will find there are the odd few farming on the beach.

4. It brings all the server together for a massive boss event 3 times a year for the best rewards in the game something for the level 80 end game players to keep playing for not your 1-2 rare or chance of an exotic from a dragon which are mainly salvaged (yes having this event come back 3 times a year will affect the market but only the precursor part which is what most of us want). At-least with this idea people get a huge reward that will play a big part in the creation of their long quest for a Legendary Weapon.

5. By having this event come back a few times a year will not only bring the precursor price down but also stabilise it at a lower price. By the time the prices start to rise again the next event will be upon us.

6. Any problems u think u may have had the time before, is a chance to get it as u would have wanted it next time around, with everyone only getting 1 chest NOT jumping to an overflow or in this case guesting too, and getting a 2nd or 3rd chest etc or disconnection issues.

7. It was an awesome event (HUGE) took a whole server to bring the bugger down loved it, not like these current boss events that die quicker than a local veteran. Yeh they ok for the rewards u get, but if my memory serves me correctly it was roughly a 2hr long battle and the reward matched the effort we all put in.

I do realise that there will be a few people that will object to this and they will probably be the ones that either live LA and not seen not seen much of the game apart from the TP window or already had their precursor from the first time around

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

(edited by Twinny.9304)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This would actually be a fun event if spaced out like you say (every 4 months or so). I also feel that Anet could fix a lot of issues with the game where folks were not seeing the Karkas until they were already downed by them (culling); folks having disconnect problems due to the game kicking them out during the fight for one reason or another.

Personally, I was kicked out of this fight half way through by my game client just popping closed and I was looking at my desktop. It took me a bit to get back into the game since I also had to reboot my pc because the game problem caused my pc to freeze up.

However, I was able to get back into the fight soon enough and did manage to help rez folks and continue the fight to the end where I received the chest reward.

I feel sorry for those folks who reached the end only to not get the chest reward because their game froze up or kicked them out before the chest became available. Perhaps Anet can figure out a way that any character that participates in these fights and gets dumped before the chest spawns, actually can still get the chest when they are able to log back into the game.

Perhaps the programmers can figure out a way to set it up so that your participation is registered accurately, especially in this instance, so that it sees you did earn that reward and provide the chest upon re-entering the game after the dump.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I feel sorry for those folks who reached the end only to not get the chest reward because their game froze up or kicked them out before the chest became available. Perhaps Anet can figure out a way that any character that participates in these fights and gets dumped before the chest spawns, actually can still get the chest when they are able to log back into the game.

From what i was aware of Anet did resolve the issues with ppl not getting chest by reward through mail system, but making it a 1 time event obviously a great deal of the GW2 community didn’t have chance to experience this event or the rewards that came from achieving it.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Actually, having the game recognize someone actually participated to the end only to get dumped from the game due to technical issues, could effectively apply to all major fights where this occurs.

Frequently I see this happen on dragon fights and, in some cases, the new guild competition setup. We’ve had several of our guild members lose out on the rewards for taking part in the guild events due to being dumped from the game just as the npc dies.

By the time they get back into the game they have missed the reward entirely because the game does not recognize that they actually participated enough to earn said reward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I am against this. I was there for the first event, but I didn’t get a PreCurser and I don’t spend my time in LA “playing the market.”

I’m against this because the Ancient Karka was burned to death in lava and turned into a statue of itself when it burst out and cooled.

It is very dead, and as such makes no sense for it to return.

1) Once an event is done it’s done for good. If your only concern here is the PreCurser, though, they are already looking into a way to make that effort more reasonable. This, though, is not the answer.

2) They accounted for this and gave everyone a mail reward including all the prizes they would have gained if they were there.

3) The Living Story is intended to attempt to revitalize South Sun, as that is where the refugees are moving.

4) See 1

5) See 1

6) Not seeing any value in this one

7) Subjective, I found the event to be a terrible occurance of Culling and Lag making it nearly impossible to even see what was happening, let alone participate in any meaningful way.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Or just make the champion karka at the top start an event every 4 months where it tries rallying the hive together to take back the island. IF it does, the island’s karka population quadruples making any activitiy on it very difficult. But for that, there needs to be more chain events and rewarding events on the island. Right now there just isn’t enough events to satisfy any group.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I like it, cult of the ancient karka huh?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkenjul.1867

Arkenjul.1867

Or just make a new boss there like a kitten off Karka queen or king MEGA EVENT.
I miss the event so dont know what the boss looked like because of work but got the chest in the mail no precursor.

REVENGE OF THE KARKA~ sequel to the Rise~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i liked the entire event very much, despite the culling and the lag.

only problem i see with this event giving same reward seasonal, is we all get a 20 bag slot once a season and a celestial exotic accessory (unique so you can wear only one per toon) that actually costs 1000 karka shells…
they could just nerf the reward and give some granted exotic with chance for precursor.

i really love the map so i would be happy to do some world event there

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

Instead of having it Every 4 months, they should make it where players have to “unlock” the event. There is no reason to go to Southsun unless you are a masochist or farming shells and you would only see people there every 4 months.

Instead, have a series of Events that, when completed, put a point towards starting the event. When the event has X points, (1/4 – 1/2 – 3/4) notices go out over Lions Arch. When it gets to full the next Friday after daily reset, the event begins (to give people time to plan for it). Put the point range somewhere between, say, if there are always large groups working for it, as soon as once every 2 months, middle effort 4, and little effort 6 months. This would effectively make Southsun an actual level 80 zone and give us somewhere other than Orr to be, every day, all day aside from Dragons. It would encourage cooperation and reward servers for being proactive and prioritizing it – maybe even increase the chance of a precursor depending on how many events a person completes contributing to the unlock. Disable guesting during the event, obviously.

People love the map, people loved the event, no one goes to the map, a huge number of people missed the event and it’s an excellent solution to the precursor problem. (I mean come on, the only thing legendary about getting a legendary is the amount of time spent running around a single zone doing the same events until DR hits).

As for, “it’s dead so it’s dead” – yeah, well, then close up all the dungeons, end all the events and remove all the mobs because they’ve all been killed before. Not using content in an MMO because of “it’s unrealistic” doesn’t even begin to make sense.

(edited by MiloSales.8560)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Why does it need to be every 4 months? The chests from the World Bosses already have chances to drop Precursors; just reduce the chance for Precursors from the Karka chest to match World Boss chests and have the Ancient Karka become a timed mega event like Tequatl or the Shatterer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

will never happen

in Suggestions

Posted by: FearTheOyster.5138

FearTheOyster.5138

Why does it need to be every 4 months? The chests from the World Bosses already have chances to drop Precursors; just reduce the chance for Precursors from the Karka chest to match World Boss chests and have the Ancient Karka become a timed mega event like Tequatl or the Shatterer.

This is precisely what I was thinking.

Also, the 20-slot Karka Box could be one of the Ancient Karka Event’s low-drop-chance rewards. The prospect of getting a free 20-slot bag would definitely turn up interest in the event if it was reintroduced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I wasn’t there. I couldn’t be there. I am not a fan of one time events. Given it was so bad that chests had to be delivered over mail …. I’m with OP. I wanted to do the event and I’ve seen them on youtube. There’s just no way I’m choosing GW2 over sauna on a sunday … I’m dating my girlfriend, not some one-night-stand monster in a videogame …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

If only SouthSun Cove had a world boss like Claw of Jormag, it will definitely bring life back to that map.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

If they would re-code the karka so that when a vet/champ hits zero health the first time it dies, people would be likely to bother with it. If they also got rid of the absolutely moronic idea of the rolling attack that does not get broadcasted fast enough, hits far too hard, and STILL HITS YOU if you dodge roll (the only attack in the game that still hits for full damage despite being in evasion immunity mode) people would actually go there.

As it stands, I seriously doubt that even with the living story pointing in that direction, they won’t get many people to go there. Everyone hates it with a passion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Beats these faceroll, rewardless dragon Lieutenant fights.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

It was a one-time event.
- What you are suggesting is that they break up the concept of “one time events” which is something that they want to keep (It is like telling them that they need quests instead of dynamic events, when you ask them to break up with a concept that they wanted for their game. I don’t think they should do that).

- Also, I think that within four months time later on, when they work out the best way to go about making one-time events, the Living Story team will have conjured up another boss, or other content for us to enjoy.

I think it is nice that the world changes due to the One time events (that is their plan, and they’re working towards making changes to the world, so that in one year from now it might look different. Who knows what will happen?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This event chain was fun, and there is nothing in the lore that suggests that other Ancient Karka do not exist. I think it’d be cool if they brought it back.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

That Karka event was the most painful amount of lagtastic brutality ive ever experienced and for those that didnt experience it, your the lucky ones. You missed nothing, this event was basically:
- get bowled over and 1 shot by half a million large karkas that couldnt be evaded because they were located convinently on a long fall platform.
- spend at least 2 solid hours doing this event untill your fingers hurt spamming buttons because it was that boring.
- It lacked any kind of enjoyable immersive point, like for example, the fact that the Karka attacked and the only motivatino was to kinda kill off their species, wow, not really immersive so much as outright stupid.
- We never got enough lore for the Karka to justifyably attack them and honestly I felt this entire event was dumbly designed from the start.

They built up a really nice premise to be fair, the Karka “was” an idea that wasnt so bad, but Living story has impliamented this kind of idea a THOUSAND times better.

If the Karka were part of a later living story reintroduction then yes, but only if they were retuned significantly and revamped to be ALOT more farmable, as it is, the reason nobody goes there is because they are downright STUPIDLY hard to kill and with very little need to get gear from them since they dont drop decent equipment worth the effort.

If there was a lesson to be learned here its: Greater challange means people want exotics at the end of it, because nobody does something for the sheer hell of it, even if they claim otherwise.

If they bring back the super karka either:

1. Nerf the hell out of it untill its actually a doable event that DOESNT take 2 solid hours to complete.
2. If failing that, make the loot reward “worth” the effort, since while a few got welfare legendary precursurs, some of us got a useless trinket and a 20 slot bag being the only viable item worth the endevour.

Yeah, that does sound like a load of backside ache but honestly it really was “that” bad, for those who felt cheated, you missed nothing.