Bring Previewing back.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Szin.1250

Szin.1250

Adding my name to the list of people requesting the restoration of this very useful feature.

I enjoyed viewing pieces linked by other players in chat, linking some interesting drop myself, and checking how some heart vendor piece looked so I could decide whether it might look good on one of my alts.

I sincerely hope you find a way to bring this back again. If the only reason for its removal was that there were occasional display issues, I would far rather put up with those than the inconveniences that the new restriction puts in place.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hukka.5916

Hukka.5916

Logged in especially to comment on that and add my voice to the pile. This is a completely fun-killing change, much like most of what’s been done in the last few updates.

I’ve used the preview to help friends decide on their armor style or to check their set up when I didn’t have the chance to see their characters, more than to actually choose armor for myself. Countless of times I’ve been hanging around in the HotM looking for good looking armor for potential alts, or when exploring and coming upon a heart vendor.

Stop killing your game Anet. You definitely don’t want it to happen, and neither do the players.

(edited by Hukka.5916)

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Styxx.8501

Styxx.8501

please bring this back. I liked being able to help friends decide on outfits, now I can no longer do that. I also liked being able to see the skins for maybe an alt before selling/salvaging it.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: abolian.5320

abolian.5320

/signed, WE NEED IT!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zyrhan.3180

Zyrhan.3180

Please revert this change. The massive amount of utility that being able to preview out-of-armor-class gear provided far outweighs a few minor graphical glitches. There are a lot of things more in need of polish than this feature.

It’s 2012, I’m kind of tired of having to window out and scour the internet just to figure out what something in my inventory or that I’m about to purchase actually looks like. Forcing me to do so more often is not moving in the right direction.

Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.
Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

-Signed as well

Too convenient and important a feature to lose, even with that extremely minor and infrequent glitch.
Also stepping up the priority of getting TP previews would be useful.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.4902

Keiran.4902

+1

I like to be able to preview all items!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghost.2079

Ghost.2079

Please bring back his QoL feature.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lady Charis.1782

Lady Charis.1782

Just adding my two penn’orth. Please bring back this feature – it’s nice to see what a piece of armour or a weapon looks like, even if that character can’t use it!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Signed. Previewing was perfectly fine before. Who cares if it clips in previews? People know you can’t mix different armor types together, people just used it to look at things people linked or to preview things for other purposes.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bulletboop.9815

bulletboop.9815

Signed here, previewing was fun, would like it back please.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Athem.7321

Athem.7321

I agree too….

I don’t understand. There would be so much thing to fix and work on, and yet they are fixing a nice feature.

We wanted preview function from trading post… What did we get? A disable on something. Good job!

Throw the rocks, but I don’t feel that Arenanet actually cares about the community.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Want to /sign this as well. Previewing is such an essential part of designing your toons looks – AND get inspired for new characters and play around before creation.

Also PLEASE add preview to the trading post. PLEASE!!! I know we can preview armor via the PvP lockers but – I do not want to have to buy dyes for 20g just to preview them and see, that they don’t look nice.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

I’ll add my vote as well. I usually stay out of forum debacles, but I wholeheartedly agree here – the negatives of this change far outweigh the positives. It’s terribly inconvenient. Please change it back.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

+1 here too, I don’t mind the glitches/clipping. It was nice to be able to preview everything.

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MindlessInc.8623

MindlessInc.8623

Adding my vote to this one as well, I switch between alts all the time and when my friend links me armor saying how cool it looked I enjoy being able to see it, now I can’t It’s a decent reason and I saw a number of the tex glitches but it wasn’t really important because it wasn’t actually effecting my character, just previews.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cesa.6190

Cesa.6190

I also want to add that I miss this functionality. Did a lot of people actually complain about these clipping and texture issues? If not, why dedicate time on a small thing like this instead of spending it on bigger, more important bugs? And even if people did complain, I doubt this was the solution they had in mind.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Yes, I also second this motion. God it was so convenient back then to preview armor (even though it hasn’t been implemented in TP) but to remove it makes you have to switch several characters to do the same thing. Please, this was one of the better features of this game that wasn’t abuseable and was a plus for the community!

Edit: as said above, helping friends decide outfits of different class!! That was such an important function!!!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

i also would like it back it back. i went out on my warrior to check out some armor sets on heart venders with my level 80 warrior so i could decide which zones to work my ele in so i didn’t have to “explore” things i had already explored and could be a little more targeted on my alt.

so far this is the only thing they’ve changed since launch that erks me

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freelockbox.7035

Freelockbox.7035

I agree whole heartedly, this should not have been taken away.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Signed.

I only play one character and it was nice to be able to preview other armor/weapons to see how they actually look without having to use an alt.

That named exotic sceptre I just picked up… oh… there is a frog on the end of it. Nice.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azujax.2703

Azujax.2703

This “fix” hurts the game in very demonstrable ways. Let’s say I pick up an item my character can’t use. As Guild Wars 2 is very aesthetically focused, if I want to sell this item, I need to be able to see what it looks like. The skin of an item absolutely affects its value.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Bring this back please. I actually can’t believe this was taken out.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: janay.1457

janay.1457

+1

It would be great if we could preview items on TP, it could save so much time … so I dont have to minimize game and find skins on wiki

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Intimate.1207

Intimate.1207

Signing this thread; the option should come back.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eolynn.5324

Eolynn.5324

I support bringing this back because it was convenient to see how guildies’ armors looked like when they linked them in chat without having to go meet them.

The clipping didn’t particularly matter to me since I could clear the preview and leave the window open while I clicked the link to preview the armor again. That removed any cross-heavy/medium/light armor issues.

Henge of Denravi | Duality [DLTY]

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fizz Please.9387

Fizz Please.9387

Please bring back previewing. I never cared AT ALL that things would clip when previewing the “wrong” armour. I just wanted to see what it looked like. See what my guildies just linked. See what alts may buy from a vendor when they pass through an area.

Are we supposed to run baby characters of each armour class by various vendors if we want to browse the different armour types we may choose to get for an alt? My little elementalist in Diessa can’t look at the Priest of Balthazar karma vendor to see if he’d look good in the light gear, but my ranger who just finally got through the chain CAN.

Or rather he can’t, anymore. Please bring it back!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tacavas.5076

Tacavas.5076

+1 Signed,

it was harmless and fun. Bring it back

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WildToast.6419

WildToast.6419

Yes, please bring the ability to preview any skins on any character back. It’s not a ‘fix’- it’s a very silly inconvenience to have to swap characters or alt+tab to a web browser if I want to check out a new item.

(edited by WildToast.6419)

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cottonflop.2790

Cottonflop.2790

How on Earth this was considered a problem in the first place is beyond me.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joon.2381

Joon.2381

+1 here!

I´ve got bloody 5 characters at lv.80 and 2 at lv.50ish thus making me preview all kinds of gear!. But this “fix” just made things alot more troublesome for me to find gear I like for my characters!

Who wants to change character each time he/she wants to preview an armor type which is not wearable by that profession???

Also its interesting previewing armor types people link on the chat, but this is hindering us from doing so if the items arent of the same armor class your character your currently playing.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keir Bhaltair.5197

Keir Bhaltair.5197

I have been using this feature for ages, to look what armours I could give to my alts or just to see what else is in the game (especially for dungeon or racial armour); I always thought this was a wonderful feature and I never noticed any kind of a bug, certainly not in any way game-breaking. You’re focusing on the wrong part of game to “fix” (although removing entirely is not what I consider fixing at all); this feature was fine, not to mention very useful.

(edited by Keir Bhaltair.5197)

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I also miss the ability to preview any armor, would like to have it back, personally never really experianced any issues because of it.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

i agree bring previewing back

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iwe.4657

Iwe.4657

French player TOTALLY agree for previewing back. And yes, I come here and not on French Forum, because here is the only “place” we can be read.

Until I came here, I thought it was a bug, ‘cause in french forum, nobody from Anet come and write what’s going on….

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should disable just purchasing those items when they are soulbound on acquire, not previewing them.

Now, when you want to make a new character, you can’t preview armors with your current characters before deciding for the next race, removing a really nice part of character planning.

I you were worried about people matching items of different armor classes and seeing ugly clippings, just automatically remove any items of another armor class when you equip one.

Oh, nice. Good to know.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

This was some incomplete info. This functionality will return.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

Finally a response.
Thank you! I’ts glad to hear it’ll come back

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Shame on you Anet. Bring previewing back to the way it was before.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FamousWolf.6803

FamousWolf.6803

/signed

And thank you ANet (when it comes back

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Pros: Lets people show off their cool armour and stats. Also people can see the various stat groups players chose and see how it plays out by either watching them or being in their party.

Cons: Many people still wear rare or Master quality armour. Some (althought not all) would be rude enough to kick people from parties if they have this as they don’t see that player as “good”. Player skill far exceeds any armour but nonetheless, this would happen.

I’m for previewing 100%. With how much CoF armour people have and legendaries, I basically see copies of everyone already. Maybe they need just more dye colors (maybe lightly glowing dyes?) because thats what really keeps those people seperate from looking like twins. There is still a lot of different ways to shape your character to look unique with dyes, your height, armour skins, mixing and matching dungeon armours, etc. But the cons are very heavy on some since there are tons of kittens who enjoy being rude when possible.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arimik.2460

Arimik.2460

mister jonpeters, i very much so hope you are not just trying to shut us up lol. that being said i appreciate your response.

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error.

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CoFii.1982

CoFii.1982

Please bring it back, I love being able to preview all armours my guild finds and implementing it on my other classes!

Bring Previewing back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As there is an official statement about this issue here, this thread is now closed.

Thank you.