Bring back the lovely capes...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vylker.9286

Vylker.9286

Iam sure more ppl posted this issue, is there a reason that we can have a cape ( back ) slot but we cannot visually see it? Why? GW1 had some lovely animated capes that I really miss…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I never played any other game that had capes as nice as they had in gw1. Those animators knew what they were doing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m also hoping they add capes and cloaks at some point. The clothing seems to be nicely animated already, so it’s just a matter of coding them in.

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Vylker.9286

Cape is a must, at least along with the guild tabard add a guild cape!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Achilles.3128

Achilles.3128

Am I the only person that thinks that the game’s clothing is better without capes? This game has probably the classiest clothing I’ve ever seen in available in a RPG. With the exception of some heavy armor the addition of capes would make most clothing look incredibly tacky imo.

I mean I completely get that it will probably optional which is absolutely fine, but I guess I just don’t understand what the big demand for capes is I guess. Cloaks I could understand a bit, but I really just don’t see what the big deal is about capes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Well you would have the option to toggle it on or off like in the original.

in Suggestions

Vylker.9286

Its just doesnt feel right Guild wars without capes!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

true add cape’s and scarfs cause that would be awesome , (neck item instead of a not showing necklace)

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

This has got my vote too. I really miss those amazing capes from GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Yes, please. I don’t care about the possible clipping issues, people can just hide it if it happens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

Yes please, I liked capes in GW1. There will be clipping issues of course but… don’t we have them already? Pistols clip through the long coats, sometimes shoulders clips through the coats too. I think we can survive clipping capes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

They’re working on capes right now, actually.

There was some serious clipping issues that needed to be addressed, which is why they’re not ingame right now.

They’re coming, though, so just hang on.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i love it the way it is. insignias on the chest. i can see the back side of my char. no extra cloth waving when i run or jump. plus, people will look at you funny when you wear capes on the streets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

You -can- disable the display for the cape, you know. =p

Or buy a guild backpack. They’re kind of awesome.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: AnthonyZdravko.2051

AnthonyZdravko.2051

I would love a cape that can display your guild emblem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

it was the only reason to have a guild. and a guild cloak . thats nerdgasm. and yes it wouldnt be on all the time. just when i felt particularly dashing…. or devious in the case of a cloak.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’d like more alternatives to capes actually. The guild backpacks were a good start, and personally I didn’t enjoy the capes in the first game, and would have killed for some less superheroic options.

That said capes should be an option as a lot of people really do like capes, but how about some more variant guild armor designs and assorted other non-cape back slot (or call it accessory slot) items as well.

Armbands, banners, scarves, patches, or other identifiers that can be worn over armor.

While we’re just asking for stuff, howsabout some more guild weapon designs as those are also really nice ways to show off your guild tag.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Yeah, capes were great! It also did not forced you to dye all your armor in an horrible blue or red while doing PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

I hate the capes. I rather have tabards or better options for emblems on where to show. Instead of the chest piece being plain with the emblem large. Why not let us keep the armor we have, lets say the 42k armor for example. The heavy with the skulls necklace with a decent size emblem below or wherever we can put it, would be nice.

For now I’m happy with my backpack to show off my guild emblem.

And speaking of weapon designs. How could greatsword not have one. The size of some of the greatswords in the game, the whole bottom half near the hilt could be one bigkitten emblem on it for both sides!

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

(edited by KrisV.5612)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bobyd.4698

bobyd.4698

Capeeeeeeeeees! I read that they had problems with the charr and the physics, who knows….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mellowz.3728

Mellowz.3728

Capes like in the concept art from the SPVP maps (The plate human wearing a red cap vs the charr) would be amazing in game.
Totally support this idea especially later in game after they get the games feet on the ground.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

I just really fear that our lovely two handed weapons will “cut” through the capes… It’s seen before.

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crowz.1096

Crowz.1096

What we should have is a purchasable guild cape, which will apply a GWI style cape skin to your backslot. Sold at WvWvW vendors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverwing.3416

Silverwing.3416

Since the cape slot already has a “hide/unhide” checkbox on it, I have to assume that they intended for these to be visible, and only disabled them due to a bug or something as Illushia.3721 said above.