Bring back the old login screen!

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

that was the best part of beta, hands down.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I preferred GW1’s way:
- Panel for file download.
- Fullscreen login and news, with music and visual effects, usable as screensaver and all if you wanted.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Yeah, the old GW1 screen was similar and had the news on it as well. No reason to take away this nice screen in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

100% support— I used to listen to the music on this for hours, and I can’t see why they removed it at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vincent Highwind.3054

Vincent Highwind.3054

Like most everyone else here, I second this notion. News/whatever can be added to the spacious old login screen, and be made optional to those that prefer the launcher.

Call it nostalgia, but losing that login screen killed just a little bit of Guild Wars 2’s magic for me. Waiting for BW1, trying to login with no success countless times, all with the epic music in the background.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Loved the old loading screen but the main thing it reminds me of is the sometimes hours of spamming the login button trying to get in because the login servers were overwhelmed by people trying to get on So had to listen to this music and watch login screen for ages building up excitement (and frustration)! Totally worth it though

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicky.7609

Nicky.7609

I think the best thing would be if we could choose. I also liked the old Log In a lot but I fear it wouldn’t look as nice if you display the news on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

this game is about skins so maybe anet will introduce the old login screen in the gem shop for like 5000 gems so you can buy it

Zero gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killer Rhino.6794

Killer Rhino.6794

The old login screen is constantly on my mind. It impressed a “AAA” (triple-A) quality game, and just plain got me excited to jump into Tyria.

If someone of authority could simply say that this feature is dead forever, that would be enough; obviously, I would be disappointed, but I could finally stop wondering, wanting and wishing.

:C

Creator of GW2Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xesmin.7613

Xesmin.7613

Bring it back please! : (

in Suggestions

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

Yes please! I don’t even look at the news feed on the current launcher, old one was much better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

While the current launcher is more convenient, I also think it would be nice to see this re-implemented into the game.
- While we don’t spend that much time in the Login Screen, and are merely focused on getting on into the game, it has a certain… what shall I say… charm to it?

I often find that it is the many little things that create that epic atmosphere in a game.
- I played the beta and I remember seeing this for the first time. It served as the first hand impression of the game, and it will also do that to future players that might consider trying out Guild Wars 2, and a cool login screen, though greatly underrated, is part of making it epic to step into the world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

It would hardly hurt anyone if the option of using the old launcher was brought back. (There was the option until they removed it, and people who wanted to use the new launcher still could)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daelorn.4763

Daelorn.4763

Just found out this topic ! Seems that the petition is closed ?

I think about this login screen every single time I connect to the game. Like you said it felt like a true AAA-game’s main screen. Now it looks like any F2P game’s launcher

Bring it back A-Net ! Or at least unlock the -useoldlauncher command ! We beg you !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

I’d really like to see the login screen back. It was awesome. Stylish, simple enough and gives a thrill before going into Tyria.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

I miss the login screen, also the 3 bars that lit up certain colors when you typed your password in correctly. Did not really do anything special but it was still cool. I would much rather have that login screen than the current one

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bourbz.8712

Bourbz.8712

I also miss the old log-in screen. I used to just have it open to listen to the music whilst I did uni work in between BWEs, not to mention the cool animations on the “2” logo

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Yes! I would love the option at least if it wasn’t too much trouble.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeathCom.6507

DeathCom.6507

I’d rather see the old login screen somehow adapted into the window launcher. The current launcher is pretty meh, the old launcher was epic. Combine the concepts, animation, but still in a manageable window size.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mcarlosc.3425

mcarlosc.3425

Bring it back anet. Think of the people who worked so hard to make those animations. Also, the launcher always creates a fast clicking sound in my rig. It annoys people when I download patches.

It’s not enough that I should win; others should fail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Bring back the old (GW 1 Release) login screen!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullfire.6503

skullfire.6503

The beta login screen was just so epic. I remember the day that we could download it during the press beta even tough we werent supossed to be able to do that. after we got kicked out we would just look at the screen for hours and talk about how awesome the music was. The betas from this game were awesome

So ArenaNet, please bring back the old login screen. Or make it an option for the accounts that were in the beta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Beautiful and Amazing, all i can say. I would like it back too

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

Please bring it back ArenaNet! At least the chroma hash

in Suggestions

Posted by: shoopdawhoop.4691

shoopdawhoop.4691

The feeling of opening up the beta client, seeing this log in screen, and the music; It’s so incredible, it’s hard to describe. I miss the dang beauty, man!

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Bring it back for the option to log in as offline/invisible. yes. Plus the giant dragon/2 is just epic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I agree, I much prefered the simplicity of the old log in screen, was sad when it changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crixler.2857

Crixler.2857

I would love to see the old login screen brought back. I don’t like the current launcher (or launchers like that in general), and the old one was simply amazing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sigmatics.7056

Sigmatics.7056

Please give us -useoldlauncher back, please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I forgot how good this looked. I would also me happy if they somehow incorporated the news feed and manual into the old login.

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I have no dislike for Caithe, but I’d have to say this would be cooler than her and the news feed as a launcher.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dru.6214

Dru.6214

I too would love this back. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Old launcher back please, or replace Caithe with the dragon. The other launcher was simply better looking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

Shizune Fujibayashi.4813

I’d like the old launcher back, the Chroma Hash was incredibly useful and overall the old one just looked better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tanpopo.9102

tanpopo.9102

The old login was nice, but not necessary. However, the “login as invisible” function was removed for no justifiable reason. Being able to select login status at character select is near useless if your contacts are still alerted as soon as you enter your password.

Still hasn’t been fixed despite numerous requests, namely because I assume nobody of importance thinks its important.

Consider me “signed” if it brings back this baffling exclusion of a game function.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zidane.5360

Zidane.5360

Just bring it back as a toggled feature! I’m guessing the main reason it was scrapped was due to the authenticators but surely you could add it to the existing (old) launcher!

in Suggestions

Posted by: josipva.3968

josipva.3968

Yep, old launcher was simply far more epic than this one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArtooDetoo.5736

ArtooDetoo.5736

I want it back, too. And the password chroma-hash !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furutre.2193

Furutre.2193

I miss it Bring it back, it was so awesome made

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Dear Anet as someone who has donated a kitten tonne of money to gw2 ( ask tehmaker and frozire of gw2guru ) how many gems do i have to record and upload of me buying before we can get back this amazing login screen. I will literally do anything….want my mother dead? DONE….=P jk. but seriously…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Bump, please bring this back i would gladly sign a kind of petition

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Bump, I would also like to see this breath-taking login screen in-game again, not in youtube.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would love to see this too and since we’re on the subject, why not expand on this.
TBH i miss the factions login/character select screen from GW1, what would really make things better is that we can choose our background so it’s more our own style rather then the same boring white screen.

GW1 vets has asked for this feature since nightfall and most, if not all fans would love to see this come back.
if it’s not for nostalgia reasons, it’s to enhance the customizations of our game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TopGun.6732

TopGun.6732

bump for awesome log in screen!

Melbourne, Australia

in Suggestions

Aidan.4602

Because I haven’t seen any reaction to this question, I’ve recently sent a very enthusiastic message to ANet about the login screen. Development team may consider doing something about it if we have provided them additional feedback, and more precisely tell them that we want it back and why we want it back.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your ideas about Guild Wars 2.

I understand you wish the old login screen back. We have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums, within the Suggestions sub-forum located here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions.

Members of the Development Team read the Suggestions Forum daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a specific idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input and thank you for your very enthusiastic mail.

edit: I don’t see that the option of using the old login screen may bring difficulties to players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FussL.6930

FussL.6930

I’d like to have it back too

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

that’s not even the only thing i want to see, i also want to see a GW1-like character selection screen.
the current one is boring, GW1 always had such good CSS’s, my fav is the factions one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

+ 1 from me for this!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Totally agree! I was so disappointed when they released the current one. +1

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Aidan.4602

If someone wants to see how the login screen looked in the past, there are plenty of videos on Youtube, but I’ll just post one of them: video