Buy gifts for a friend from the Gem Store

in Suggestions

Posted by: dragon.8625

dragon.8625

I am lucky that I have a credit card, and friends. I wanted to send my friend a Quaggan back pack for his birthday. And I looked around the Gem Store in hopes that I could purchase him something and send it. I CAN’T!
So my suggestion is that you allow us to buy gems and let us gift items to our friends.

I am pretty sure there must be a lot of other players just like me that want to buy “account bound items” as gifts for friends, so please speak up and sign below and lets convince the fantastic developers at Anet that this is a great idea!

[APeX] Professor Tweak

in Suggestions

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

I fully agree with this! I’ve seen tons of other games that utilize a gifting service as a win/win option for everyone. I’ve actually wondered why ANet hasn’t implemented this already!!

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

yeah i would like if anet gave us a way to give gems to my friends i think it would get a lot more people buying gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: dragon.8625

dragon.8625

Well, I don’t know about trading the gems themselves that wasn’t what I was talking about. I was talking about the idea of purchasing items as a gift option, and staying away from the other options which could be abused.

[APeX] Professor Tweak

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loyheta.3754

Loyheta.3754

This would have been handy for the valentine’s day flower item.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

This has actually been suggested quite a few times before.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t one of the best suggestions out there. I’ve got way too many gems, and way too much real world money, and quite a few friends who play way more often than me. It would be nice to be able to give them things, instead of giving them a gem card. After all, there’s nothing more tacky than saying “Happy birthday, now go buy your own present, because I didn’t (or couldn’t) get you one.”

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wedge.3126

Wedge.3126

Seems to have been posted about alot, but one more post that this should be done. Just have it work like Steam where you have an option to buy an item as a gift, instead of for yourself. I live with my girlfriend, so I’ll just sneak a present onto her account when she’s not around, but having this system in place would make that a lot more practical for most people.