Buyable Character Animation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slaven.3721

Slaven.3721

The idea here is maximum customization. Being able to buy consumable cards that give your player a new way to idle, run, jump, sit, and possibly attack. They would be expensive like 5g-10g each and you could mix and match the animations. Run like a sprinter and jump like a ninja. Flips and stuff.

EDIT: Possiblity of it being a rare drop.

(edited by Slaven.3721)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maddeth.5893

Maddeth.5893

Instead of gold, make it gems and available on the store. Also, alternative dances (gangnam style on my asura plz).

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

I didn’t even think of dances but yeah that would be nice as well. I want the hustle dance. Guess you could almost call them emote cards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

NCSoft managed to get some of my money with the buyable dances in City of Heroes, I could see it working here too.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

Coming from playing Aion to this I like my character run like a ninja. It seems NCSoft does have a tactic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

This would be amazing! nice idea!

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

I imagine something like what you see for the Guild Wars 2 professions picture with all the classes standing together. Being able to have that kind of customization would be amazing and would hope to see it in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Instead of gold, make it gems and available on the store. Also, alternative dances (gangnam style on my asura plz).

i think it would better to have both gold (in game currency) an gem shop dances / emotes etc.

have both.

dances / emotes purchase with in game gold (currency)
dances / emotes purchase with gems in gem shop (gems)

in Suggestions

Maddeth.5893

i think it would better to have both gold (in game currency) an gem shop dances / emotes etc.

have both.

Gems are bought with gold.

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

have both.

err no.
gems are originally bought using real dollars (USD) from the gem shop.
gems can only be bought using in game gold via currency exchange (gem shop) if there are players who bought gems using real dollars (USD) and these players (with gems bought using real dollars) decided to convert their gems into in game gold

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

I personally think that karma might be a good option as well. I like the idea of working for things and taking time to earn them. Perhaps it would range from 40k karma to 60k karma. The game seems a bit on the easy side as far as aquisition to most things so I would like a steep hill to climb to earn something cool.

I don’t like the idea of these being in the gem store because of the simple fact that players should take time and effort to make thier toon look amazing.

(edited by Slaven.3721)

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I personally think that karma might be a good option as well. I like the idea of working for things and taking time to earn them. Perhaps it would range from 40k karma to 60k karma. The game seems a bit on the easy side as far as aquisition to most things and would like a steep hill to climb to earn something cool.

I don’t like the idea of these being in the gem store because of the simple fact that players should take time and effort to make thier toon look amazing.

well it would not hurt to have all 3 options available:

custom animations / dances / emotes etc:
- bought with karma only
- bought with in game gold only
- bought with gems only
- craft-able via mystic forge
- monster drops
- etc

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

I personally think that karma might be a good option as well. I like the idea of working for things and taking time to earn them. Perhaps it would range from 40k karma to 60k karma. The game seems a bit on the easy side as far as aquisition to most things and would like a steep hill to climb to earn something cool.

well it would not hurt to have all 3 options available:

custom animations / dances / emotes etc:
- bought with karma only
- bought with in game gold only
- bought with gems only
- craft-able via mystic forge
- monster drops
- etc

Hmmm. I guess rarity would decide where they are at. Regardless of where they’re at I still say expensive and/or hard to get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeffy.3984

Zeffy.3984

Coming from playing Aion to this I like my character run like a ninja. It seems NCSoft does have a tactic.

I miss my levitating flamey feet that my Aion character had, so I second this. :3

Zeffy | Asuran Guardian~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

I don’t buy gems with USD;b but well dunno about the “original” thingy, his point is that make it with gems, and you will be able to buy it with in-game currency as well I support that idea, since you get approx 88 gems per g:) (might be wrong, it is something about a graph..)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I’m down if it was gems based. Good suggestion!

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

I don’t buy gems with USD;b but well dunno about the “original” thingy, his point is that make it with gems, and you will be able to buy it with in-game currency as well I support that idea, since you get approx 88 gems per g:) (might be wrong, it is something about a graph..)

As of now you’d get a lot more from the gemstore with 1g. I’ve noticed it sticks around 45c-70c per gem. If it’s dropped above/below I havn’t seen it yet.

I would compare this kind of item to a dye (more rare ofc). It’s a consumable that allows you to customize your character and when dropped/looted you have the ability to either sell it or consume and use it on your toon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

Good suggestion – there’s a lot of standing poses, seating poses, dances, and social stuff I’d like – and am willing to pay for each one I get (but account based please, not per character)

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

Good suggestion – there’s a lot of standing poses, seating poses, dances, and social stuff I’d like – and am willing to pay for each one I get (but account based please, not per character)

You know account based is too good to be true haha.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

I’d love this! My sylvari guardian looks like a bit of a kitten… Until she idles. Her idling does not fit with the rest of her look at all.

And my human engineer brushes her back – but she has a mohawk. There isn’t hair anywhere near the side of her face that she needs to brush away.

EDIT: Okay, the hair thing might be norn… But considering my norn is wearing a bandanna, it still doesn’t fit.

(edited by Illharess.6509)

in Suggestions

Maddeth.5893

have both.

err no.
gems are originally bought using real dollars (USD) from the gem shop.
gems can only be bought using in game gold via currency exchange (gem shop) if there are players who bought gems using real dollars (USD) and these players (with gems bought using real dollars) decided to convert their gems into in game gold

Doesn’t change the fact that they can still be bought with gold though, does it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haluwasa.2957

Haluwasa.2957

LOL gangnum style!!!! YES!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Seems like a lot of effort for minimal return. I agree dances would be viable because they hold humor to them (gangnum style, blah blah) but the other animations hardly add value to the game ( enough to make it worth it ).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

great suggestion ! support

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

Seems like a lot of effort for minimal return. I agree dances would be viable because they hold humor to them (gangnum style, blah blah) but the other animations hardly add value to the game ( enough to make it worth it ).

‘Minimal return’ is definitely determined by the type of player and thier interests. It could mean nothing to you to work for a simple character animation but I could care less for Ascolonian Catacombs armor set. See how that works?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gundrik.6024

Gundrik.6024

I support being able to get the Gangnam Style dance ingame

Part of http://guildoftweakers.com on Far Shiver Peaks

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

Haha you and probably like, 90% of Guild Wars 2 players.

in Suggestions

Gundrik.6024

Haha you and probably like, 90% of Guild Wars 2 players.

Would be hilarious to see my Charr doing the gangnam style…wearing sunglasses ofcourse.

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

…and for the record it’s Gangam Style.

in Suggestions

Gundrik.6024

GangNam actually…named after the wealthy district in Seoul

in Suggestions

Slaven.3721

GangNam actually…named after the wealthy district in Seoul

Well then. :|

in Suggestions

Gundrik.6024

Its like Neon sign central over there!

But back on topic…give us Gangnam Style dancing Charr!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

If they added this dance, I want my own emote – /punt-gangnam-style

(edited by robinsiebler.3801)

in Suggestions

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yeah, I’m all for new idles, dances, etc. More animations is always good, even if oyu have to buy them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vinushka.8904

Vinushka.8904

I support this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: caiylania.4635

caiylania.4635

Custom moves/emotes/etc… that we earn or buy would be pretty cool. Idle emotes especially. So tired of her doing the same stretch 20 times while I read this forum.

<:::::::::}]xxxxx( Caiylania of the Reach )xxxxx[{;;;;;;;;;>
Wields the power of the shadows & and the balance of the blades.
Join the Resurgence! http://resurgenceguild.guildportal.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

i support this !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mojo.2691

Mojo.2691

Yes please. This is a great suggestion, one I hope GW2 has already planned.