Buyback Option for Dungeon Armor & Karma Gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Please…seriously.

Account wallets are coming soon, so dungeon tokens are considered currency. Why not have a buyback option for dungeon armor? Nothing fancy, just have the same time limit buyback window as other merchants have.

I’m getting rather tired of being just a little groggy or excited and mis-clicking on the wrong armor or weapon piece, and thus losing sometimes hours of my life. I don’t really want to make a QQ type post, and I’m pretty sure this has been suggested before, but I swear, I’ve had to have lost at least 1200 tokens so far on mis-clicks, and I’m sure I’ll lose more.

Same thing with karma gear. I’ve probably lost close to 100,000 karma clicking the wrong item. Since I doubt they’ll make dungeon or karma gear account bound instead of soul bound, why not just the same time limited window on karma gear? Features like that can keep little mistakes from being painstaking ones, and quite frankly, would fit with the “no/limited grind” mentality Guild Wars has. Since, as it is, if you mis-click what gear you want to buy, tough luck. You have to grind that karma or those tokens back.

And just to clarify, I don’t mean a buy-back option to convert gear to gold, I mean buyback in the same currency. I buy the wrong item with, say, 300 tokens, like I just did, I go to buyback, and get my 300 tokens back. I accidentally buy that exotic karma gear I didn’t want for 42,000 karma, well, I buyback my 42,000 karma.

Well, time to go grind back 300 tokens in this no grind game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That last sentence. Well, time to go grind back 300 tokens in this no grind game..

I’ve posted this before but it’s just as relevant.

When people bring out the line about grind, they have picked out one line from the manifesto and then misapply it to the whole game.

The “no grind” comment refers to combat only. People take the no grind to refer to the game as a whole. But if you read his statement, that’s not what he said.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet's_MMO_Manifesto_trailer
Colin Johanson: “When you look at the art in our game, you say ‘Wow, that’s visually stunning. I’ve never seen anything like that before,’ and then when you play the combat in our game, you say ‘Wow, that’s incredible. I’ve never seen anything like that.’ In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff. ‘I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. Hey! I swung it again.’ That’s great. We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun. We want to change the way that people view combat.”

The key phrase here, right after saying that they don’t want people to grind is “We want to change the way that people view combat”.

He is not talking about grind in any other part of the game. He did not say the game would not have grind, only that you wouldn’t have to grind mobs to level.

It’s annoying how people have misread this statement and bring out the “no grind” comment over and over when its not what he said.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zen Way of Harmony.7980

Zen Way of Harmony.7980

I wasn’t making a direct developer quotation there, because I know it doesn’t pertain to the whole game. The point about the grind was less relevant than the rest of the post. Obviously you need to work for gear, that just makes sense, and I was being sarcastic by the end, as by this point I’ve become a little irritated by all the tokens/karma I’ve misused.