Buying your own piece of Tyria

in Suggestions

Posted by: tanner.2306

tanner.2306

I have been playing GW2 since BETA. And I can’t say enough good things about it! This is hands down the best MMO I have ever played. And there are of course a few improvements to be made, this is with anything. Other than some minor things like the ability to lvl so rapidly with crafting, this should really be taken back a notch or two. I have been talking with some people that agree, one of the biggest things to really add to this near perfect game. Give us the players the ability to purchase our own land, and build a house farm/ grow herbs vegies and stuff. Make it an actual virtual world like some of the older lesser quality games, not that some of them weren’t goodgames. But lets face it on this gameing platform with the quality of play and graphics, they really don’t stand up to GW2. But non the less, buying land and building your own house AWESOME! This would give just another feature to an already great set up. Make it something you have to work for, and then something you actually have to build. This would also extend to the area of guilds, being able to build their own base and possibly have speacial features that could be built and earned. Just a suggestion, but I do really hope this would be considered and eventually added. It would make alot of players happy!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I believe both guild halls and housing are planned features down the road.

I don’t know the datails about housing, though.
Will you be able to pick any house, will you be limited to your home instance or by your story choices? Will you be able to customize things like furniture?

It’ll be nice if they told us about any plans they had about that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krono.2918

Krono.2918

It would be incredibly awesome to have a personal housing sim added.

Even more interesting if you could earn a small income on a set interval with the farming idea. (Harvest Moon was a great game, don’t deny it!)

Maybe a small pen for your miniature collection to be present while not following you around?

Or even the introduction of personal trophies, rewarded from story events, rare events (holidays and whatnot), or other larger scale events that take a great amount of effort to succeed. Similar to a fireplace mantle with the mounted head of a wild buck, just an example.

I won’t say I dislike the current concept of reaching level cap, finishing storyline, and spending some time getting your gear to look the way YOU want it to, but it feels lacking as far as a sense of accomplishment goes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ciuby.4976

Ciuby.4976

It’s the best suggestion i’ve ever seen for an MMO, i’ve played a lot of MMO and this will make GW2 unique

in Suggestions

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I really hope they have a robust player and Guild housing system. I’d love it if we were given a toolset to create the housing we want. ArenaNet, please look at this video from Trion’s Rift, THIS is the player and Guild housing I would want. I also think it would open up a TON of gem store opportunities for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iszkazbhi-c

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

With the talent of Anet’s artists and environmental design team, this could indeed become something great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

I’ve always thought that housing and mounts are two things this game could really benefit from. I’m hoping that we’ll see something in the realms of Vanguard / SWG type housing where people can buy a plot of land in designated areas (not just in the cities) and “build” the house of their chosen design.

The interior could still be instanced (thus keeping pc resources to a minimum) but the exterior could be seen in the world.

THIS is just one of many ways to make the world “feel” like a living, breathing world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

I really hope they have a robust player and Guild housing system. I’d love it if we were given a toolset to create the housing we want. ArenaNet, please look at this video from Trion’s Rift, THIS is the player and Guild housing I would want. I also think it would open up a TON of gem store opportunities for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iszkazbhi-c

As much as I can appreciate the benefits of using instancing for housing, I’m not a big fan of “hiding” player housing in instances because that doesn’t help with making the world “feel” like it is living and breathing and changing based on player actions.