Can hearts reset at some point?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fardarter.5908

Fardarter.5908

At level 80 on the pve side it seems like everyone is in the same few zones camping the same events. It gets so crowded that mobs die in like half a second. Would it be possible for hearts to reset after level 80 just to get people in other zones?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuthix.2015

Kuthix.2015

I believe Hearts should reset daily. I think you should still get credit for completing a heart the first time for your “100% cleared checklist.” I just think that you should be allowed to do the hearts over and over again to help prevent the constant event camping/zerging. It would also allow for more variety. The reward for doing the hearts a second time and beyond should be substantially less than when you did it the first time, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

I like looking at all the full hearts on the map… But a conversation option on the heart NPC that resets the quest would not be a bad idea…

Player:
“Do you need more help? I can see you are still having problems.”

NPC:
“Sure! I could always use the help of an old friend!” heart event reactivated

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bolthar.4172

Bolthar.4172

Hearts can’t reset if their going to keep them as part of the 100% world completion. unless they also change how the heart looks when completed? I kind of likethem resettng if you talked to them. Then you could reset the ones you want to rework on. Of course they would have to evalute how often you can reset them so you are not abusing it going to a quest that is very simple and just resetting it over and over for rewards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

Hearts can’t reset if their going to keep them as part of the 100% world completion. unless they also change how the heart looks when completed? I kind of likethem resettng if you talked to them. Then you could reset the ones you want to rework on. Of course they would have to evalute how often you can reset them so you are not abusing it going to a quest that is very simple and just resetting it over and over for rewards.

They could add diminishing returns, so after 1-2 times, you get almost nothing. But I do like the idea of repeating heart events. There are some heart events that are pretty different (taking the food while avoiding bunnies). Some people may want to play that over and over again, even for no rewards :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loki.3152

Loki.3152

I believe the concept of the hearts was just to guide the player through the zone, not to be a constant source of experience/income which the Dynamic Events were intended for. Personally, I can’t stand the hearts as it feels too much like the old style questing and I’m happy to be done with them, but I can understand people wanting that bit more content to repeat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

I agree with Kal! There are several of the hearts that I enjoy doing the non-combat portions, but I’ve already completed them on my characters – like straightening documents, laying out bunny food to make trolls less aggressive (LOL) and so on. Once you complete the heart, you can’t even click on or see the non-combat part of the heart.

I’d like to be able to do them for some minimal reward – even no monetary/xp/karma reward but perhaps toward a title (like the “kill helpless animals” title track… it could be the “just putzin’ around” title track).

in Suggestions

Posted by: foresterr.3180

foresterr.3180

Kitten the reset and rewards, I would like to continue doing a heart even for no reward at all. Mostly because now all too often that happens: I come close to a heart, an event is active, I participate killing a truckload of mobs, because hey, an event, bam, heart complete. What was it even about? What are all those cool-looking toys lying around, that I can’t even use now? That SUCKS. Of course if there are any rewards for continuing to do the heart, that’s even better, but just letting me do it would be enough for me.