Can we allow players to rearrange the order of their weaponskills?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

You sort weaponskills by default by cooldown. This is also the order in which new players learn the skills. This is fine.

However, as the recent change to guardian greatsword skill cooldowns shows, when you change cooldowns, this has the effect of re-arranging the order of the skills that players have become accustomed to.

If this starts happening frequently (and I can guarantee that we are going to see more cooldown adjustments in the future) having to relearn where all your abilities are could be rather annoying.

The ability to let players choose the order of their skills already exists in game – with utility skills.

Can we branch that out to weapon skills as well? Even ignoring possibly changes to order from patches, there are a couple skills I’d love to switch the order of. If players could change the order of their skills it would allow more customization and also mean that if arena.net changes the order in which new players learn skills it needn’t inconvenience existing players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

This should be in the suggestions forum.

Anyway, supported. There’s no reason for this to not be an option.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Suggestions

Posted by: sainguine.2870

sainguine.2870

no way-why would they even consider letting you switch them??not only is it a silly idea it is a waste of time.play the game as intended-whiners whine until the game is broken-geeeez

in Suggestions

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

You are meant to learn skills in a specific order, it just makes sense to not allow you to reposition them. Besides, nothing is stopping you from re-binding the skills to different keys. That 1234 crap isn’t very ergonomically friendly anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

as soon as i bought a decent controller for my PC, i might give it a try while playing GW2
seems like it would fit into the battle system...
i know what you are thinking, "controller and mmorpg? how could you!" :P

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

You are meant to learn skills in a specific order, it just makes sense to not allow you to reposition them. Besides, nothing is stopping you from re-binding the skills to different keys. That 1234 crap isn’t very ergonomically friendly anyway.

because keybinding those skills in a different order applies to ALL your characters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kwami.4356

Kwami.4356

1. Rebinding keys doesn’t solve the problem. If I switch my keys so that the Guardian Greatsword abilities work like they did pre-patch, then every other weapon in the game will work differently than it did pre-patch.

2. Obviously, you would only be able to reposition skills that you’ve unlocked.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

It’s kinda funny that we have to ask for such a basic feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

Good points. I’d rather see bug fixes than minor UI changes though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ingmar.7530

Ingmar.7530

This will only get worse with time as they re-balance other weapons and classes. Plus they’re already breaking their ‘policy’ with for example mesmer staff 4/5 and engineer offhand pistol 4/5. There’s no sensible reason I can see for this to have been changed now that players are used to it.

Allowing us to arrange the order how we like is a clearly preferable solution for everyone, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I would support this.

I would expect that you would only be able to rearrange skills once all are unlocked for that weapon set. For instance, you would not be able to swap locked skill 5 with locked skill 2 as soon as you create your character. This would keep it so that you unlock the skills in a particular order — and many people would be fine with keeping that default.

Once they’re all unlocked, though, let players rearrange to personal preference. Per character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I would rather be able to sort my 1-5 skills however I want to. There’s nothing wrong with the method of unlocking skills in my opinion; I just like to organize my skill bars according to functionality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

As pointed out you can just keybind them.. not really a bit deal.. if you change lot between alts, well you must have the time to change that in a whimp as well;)
I suggest that they fix all the bugs first:)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

I feel, as an Elementalist, we desperately need this. I would like each of my AoEs with each element to be on the same buttons for example with the staff. Anything else is very difficult with the larger amount of keys I have to use now with everything extra that’s going on. And it should be very simple to add a drag and drop. here’s to hoping.