Can we get hard content with unique skins?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Please.

No more dumb/easy content with a 0,05% chance (final rest drop rate).

I’d rather do a hard content where only a few can overcome (based on skill and tatics) than just farming easy places over and over again for the something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zookeeper.2513

Zookeeper.2513

Please.

I’d rather do a hard content where only a few can overcome (based on skill and tatics) than just farming easy places over and over again for the something.

I’ll give you tactics, but there is no skill in video games. “Skill” is just faster reaction time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

While we are at it let’s put minimum required hours (oh maybe 2k) and achievement points (maybe 5k) so we can gate it to where it upsets as much of the player base as possible. Oh and make sure that they are by far the most amazing skins that everyone will want. That’ll show them that we are better!

All sarcasm aside…high end spvp is where the challenge is and will always be, so maybe put the skins there?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Suggestions

Zookeeper.2513

While we are at it let’s put minimum required hours (oh maybe 2k) and achievement points (maybe 5k) so we can gate it to where it upsets as much of the player base as possible. Oh and make sure that they are by far the most amazing skins that everyone will want. That’ll show them that we are better!

All sarcasm aside…high end spvp is where the challenge is and will always be, so maybe put the skins there?

More skins period would be nice. You’d think with crafting there’d be more recipes. With the amount of karma vendors in game, why aren’t there more patterns? Why aren’t there more recipe drops from chest events? Why aren’t there skins gained from certain achievement groups? Hell, why can’t sPvP folks wear their skins outside of sPvP and visa versa. Just seems folks got lazy on the amount of different skin designs they put in game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I find it amusing that, as of the time of my posting this, the topic directly below this one claims content is becoming too difficult for casual players to complete.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

There is a chance the guild events will be hard and they say they reward new stuff. I’m not sure if that means new weapon/armor skins but I think there’s a chance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

There is a chance the guild events will be hard and they say they reward new stuff. I’m not sure if that means new weapon/armor skins but I think there’s a chance.

I doubt it. If they make them difficult, the smaller guilds are going to complain that the large guilds have an advantage. And God knows there’s already enough complaining around here as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

No thank you. If people want frustratingly hard content, there are plenty of games out there that deliver that sort of experience. Why do people buy a game and then want to turn it into something completely different? I don’t quite understand that.

Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Please.

I’ll give you tactics, but there is no skill in video games. “Skill” is just faster reaction time.

wow. Just wow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Please.

wow. Just wow.

Now now, leave the “slow reaction” non-PvPers out of this, you don’t have to make them feel bad about themselves.

But yes, more skin will be nice, especially some variations of medium armor that aren’t trench coats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Uggh, people need to think more,, If you play FPS, you can see an enemy faster, doesn’t mean you’re going to hit him faster if your aim is uber-terrible. In MMO’s skill means that you know what to do, you don’t make mistakes and doing it faster than anyone else because you calculate stuff out.

yes, reaction time is a part of skill, but that’s just a small part. Think before you comment plz.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

We all would like some hard instanced areas that gives you real rewards instead of tokens to buy stuff. Drop-rate makes it special. Buying stuff from a vendor just makes it, meh, anyone can buy it. I miss FoW & UW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

I agree 100%

15 chars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I agree 100%

15 chars

+1

Gotta start sorting out DIFFICULTY in this game, rather than DPS/HP.
ANet has developed such an amazing fluid combat system, I just won’t believe they don’t have potential to make hard content involving tactics.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I do want more skins to drop.

However, have you checked out the Mystic Forge weapon skins? There’s plenty that aren’t legendary.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Other_Items

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Yeah they could add difficult content…
But i hope after balancing professions.

We all know how guardians/warriors find easier things that other classes struggle to complete in PvE. (yes you can do with any class with twice the effort/skill).

PvE balance is still lacking for that some players find content “easy”.

Another things regarding reaction time and skill:
It depends on WHERE do you live….
Your reaction time in game can double just depending on geographical position….so its not even skill.

There are people liing near networ odes or near servers that will have a niticeably faster reaction.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

Please.

If you truly believe this im guessing you’re pretty bad at all games….i suggest you try EVE, WoT or any FPS game and then try claiming they dont involve skill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Please.

Wow…

That is the most ignorant and black&white comment i’ve read on these forums for a while.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

I doubt it. If they make them difficult, the smaller guilds are going to complain that the large guilds have an advantage. And God knows there’s already enough complaining around here as it is.

That’s why they made them open world events, no matter what size your guild is you’ll be able to get the entire server + guesters to help you complete the event. An event triggered by a guild with only one member can still have a hundred people show up to complete it. It all comes down to how rewarding the guild events will be for players outside the event, whether anybody will want to help or if it won’t be worth their time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Fractal skins don’t start dropping until tier 3…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

No we can’t, because then half of the community will erupt and complain they can’t get it.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Please.

While I don’t think there’s much skill in MMOs, It’d be laughable to say that just faster reaction time is all that goes into being a top player at something like the Street Fighter series.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Please.

Agree totally its all ping time and how fast you press/macro your buttons…

skill please..

in Suggestions

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I do want more skins to drop.

However, have you checked out the Mystic Forge weapon skins? There’s plenty that aren’t legendary.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Other_Items

Yes that’s what we need. Some of those skins available through hard content instead of boring, endless grinding (for the mats) would be awesome. Everyone can have them but in different ways.

in Suggestions

Zookeeper.2513

Please.

If you truly believe this im guessing you’re pretty bad at all games….i suggest you try EVE, WoT or any FPS game and then try claiming they dont involve skill.

Like I said, it’s all tactics and reaction, it’s not really skill at all. All you’re doing is countering and shutting down your opponent. Maybe some call that skill, but again, it falls under tactics and reaction more than skill. I play FPS’, MMO’s, etc and I don’t really see the skill factor at all, but when it comes to tactics and reacting, yeah, that’s the biggest part. Maybe it’s just me growing up playing multiple sports at multiple levels so I may have a different definition of “skill” than most.