Can we now get an inspect option?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

It’s been brought up before, and I think its right to bring it up again.

With the coming of the new Ascended gear, that has a real effect on how a player performs in end gae content, Guild Wars 2 needs the ability to inspect other players gear added sorely.

Players will want to know if a player they are adding to thier team is equipped well enough for the run planned through FotM. It will avoid situations where players mislead and waste people’s time. A inspect option will make group forming much smoother and better all around!

With Ascended gear being a requirement for deep runs into the FotM for ELITE rewards, an inspect function is a necessity to ensure you are playing with Correctly equipped teamates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Yep, see this Anet?

That’s what I mean. Once you say A, you need to say B. If you think that people are exaggerating because they are upset you let go of your principles….it’s started already and this thread is part of it.

Bring in the gear check. That way we can make sure we can shun players and turn this game into “yet another one of those MMOs”.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No thanks.Why would i want someone to inspect me and to say you can’t join my groups because you are not geared enough.
So no from me

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

Yep, see this Anet?

That’s what I mean. Once you say A, you need to say B. If you think that people are exaggerating because they are upset you let go of your principles….it’s started already and this thread is part of it.

Bring in the gear check. That way we can make sure we can shun players and turn this game into “yet another one of those MMOs”.

I think the OP was making a subtle joke along the same lines.

Or at least I hope he/she is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

I don’t want an inspect option for the exact reason you list. It involves everything I hated about gear treadmill type games.

Whilst you maybe one of the legitimate players who isn’t a complete tool, for every one of you there will be ten more:
“He still has a rare necklace! Kick him! "

Next they’ll be asking for visible gear-score, and link-able achievements, and we’ll be knee deep in elitist jerks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

And flying mounts, 50-man raids and gear-based PvP.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

The game might as well auto-check upon content enty.

“STOP! Your gear sucks too much to enter this area. Please grind another 100 hours to continue.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azarul.2064

Azarul.2064

LOL I so so hope this is sarcasm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

If you start increasing the statistical differentiation between different levels of gear (and thereby increasing the statistical differentiation between different players), then at some point you actually do need to give players a way to assess those differences at a glance.

The problem with bad decisions is that eventually you start needing to make more bad decisions to mitigate them.

in Suggestions

Hocofaisan.2593

No thanks.Why would i want someone to inspect me and to say you can’t join my groups because you are not geared enough.
So no from me

It of course will require consent given to the inspector from the inspectee.

No one should be able to inspect you without your permission, but on the same hand, you should also understand if someone denies you a group if you don’t show evidence of your capability.

High end FotM teams will require this feature if purging will be at all viable.

Otherwise this will be a guild only affair.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

Yep, see this Anet?

Yeah agree, this is exactly what shouldn’t happen. If Anet decides to do this, than you can expect alot of players to leave.

What’s next is mods and other things like Gear Score, and in the end you have the worst possibly community ever created.

I’m not saying they will do all these things, but it’s just a reminder of what will happen if you do.

I must say this is a pretty good troll post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

I see what you did there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

TBQH, if anet goes through with their current plan for Ascended Items, I really hope they actually add the inspect option in the game.

Regardless of if the OP was being facetious, the points he brings up are true.

With the current description of how Agony works, having players in non-ascended/infused gear will just drag a group down. Having a character inspect option is a must.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

I just want to throw in a little “told you so” towards ArenaNet. Of course the new gear will become mandatory for the new dungeon given the Agony-mechanic and its higher stats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

It’s true we will need this option now because if we want to really go deep into the dungeon say level 5,6 however it works then most likely we will need specific ascent tiers to reach that level, and with 1 party member wiping at one point because they don’t have the resistance it will really bring down the group and then there’s no way to know if he had it or not beforehand.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Yeah you need inspection and gear score and titles you can link to prove you have done it 1 billion times. That’s going to awesome!!

Freaking nonsense, the stats and infusions that you need to make the monsters just as hard as any normal boss mob. It’s called a treadmill for a reason. You do a lot of running but your not getting anywhere. If this is just the start then they really are just screwing WvW players since you use pve gear in wvw and better pve gear will give an advantage in wvw against people who don’t do those dungeons, thus making people play the game “not” there way.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Suggestions

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

This is an awful direction that Ascended items have set the game on. And the worse thing? There actually IS a genuine need for gear inspection now.

In GW1 there were times I played the later missions (which required GW1’s version of infusion to protect against the enemy’s infliction of Agony) without infused armor because I got new armor and forgot to infuse. Usually it was only a piece of two, so it wasn’t that obvious that I wasn’t infused. But naturally I was dying more than I should, and contributing less to the party than I should.

Ascended items and infusion are a terrible idea. They bring with them a whole host of other problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Not sure if serious .. therefore:

N O !

Polish > hype

in Suggestions

Hocofaisan.2593

Folks the new gear is coming, like it or not.

Please let’s limit this discussion to how the game needs an inspection system to facilitate pugging the new FotM dungeon.

Pugs without inspection will not be possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

There they are A-Net. The speraration of the community has begun. Do you really want this A-Net?

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s been brought up before, and I think its right to bring it up again.

With the coming of the new Ascended gear, that has a real effect on how a player performs in end gae content, Guild Wars 2 needs the ability to inspect other players gear added sorely.

Players will want to know if a player they are adding to thier team is equipped well enough for the run planned through FotM. It will avoid situations where players mislead and waste people’s time. A inspect option will make group forming much smoother and better all around!

With Ascended gear being a requirement for deep runs into the FotM for ELITE rewards, an inspect function is a necessity to ensure you are playing with Correctly equipped teamates.

AND IT’S ALREADY STARTED! smh…

While you’re at it might as well ad addons, dps meters, and everything else that allowed people to discriminate against other players so that this game can quickly turn into the horrible community we’ve seen in other game titles…..

This is what i meant by slippery slope. It looks like it’s already begun and the patch with the actual gear hasn’t even been released yet!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Because it’s so difficult to press H and shift-click each piece of gear, then press Enter twice to submit to chat.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

If this is a serious post then, Anet, told you so!
If this is a joke post then, Ha ha, I see what you did there. :-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Yep, see this Anet?

Truth is spoken.

It’s very sad to see ANet abandoning what they sold us on.

You knew something like never seeing the same boss twice in 10 minutes wasn’t gonna happen, that was a pipedream.

But something like there won’t be tiered gear is much more critical and tangible and under firm control. Flushing that is flushing one of the major design philosophies and selling points of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

No need for a check option when all you get is an extra +10 stats LOL.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xant.3025

Xant.3025

Hahaha… oh god, this thread validates what so many people are saying right now.

Welcome to WoW Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

I would also like DPS meters and Deadly boss mod pls

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

I would also like DPS meters and Deadly boss mod pls

Haha

in Suggestions

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

+100 to Flying Mounts, so I can fly straight to the uber dungeon while inspecting everyone’s gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xeph.8410

xeph.8410

Well then, do you have them or not? I need to be sure before I let you in my group. The Inspect function solves this handily.

in Suggestions

karma.8763

Well then, do you have them or not? I need to be sure before I let you in my group. The Inspect function solves this handily.

Then, i would kindly pass on your elitest group(that wont have any harder time passing said dungeon with exotics):).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Gearscore would be neccessary too !

Ur gearscore aint over 1000?? You stay out of my party mayne !!!

in Suggestions

karma.8763

No need for it when exotics are overkill as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

No, No, and Hell No. What gear I"m wearing is none of your freaking business.

The last thing this game needs now is elitist kittenholes deciding if other players are “good enough”.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

Gear Score is too inaccurate because it give a numerical value based on a gear piece’s Color Grade and it didn’t take gear effectiveness into consideration. Having said that, I have no issue with players being able to peak at each other’s gear using /inspect (under the assumption that the Fractual gear really is going into the scorched earth realm of gear progression).

Let’s be clear. I came to GW2 due to the lack of gear progression. For too many years, I’ve been a mid end MMO raider and know how to play that game. While I don’t want to return to those days, the Fractal dungeons will require us to /inspect our fellow players to verify that they’re in full Exotics as a base line. EQ2 let us do secret inspections all of the time without the other player knowing. If GW2 is going down the same path, then we need a way to sift out the weak links. (Yes, this will lead to the standard MMO exclusion system. However that’s part of the gear progression game and you can’t do things only half way in a system like that.)

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Well, people can ask you to link your gear…so i don’t see why an inspect option shouldn’t be added.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Joke or not, the inspect thing is actually a good thing for Fractals.

What if you need one more for the latter levels, and you need someone with X amounts of Agony resistance?
Some players might think “Woa my chance of getting rushed the best gear!” and bang, he joins with full rares and greens.

So the group will have to make do with 4 until they realize their 5th player isn’t doing anything by dying in less than 15~30 seconds every battle.

I vote yes for gear inspection when Fractals come live.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Instead they should give us an ingame item database and let us link items from there.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Yes please… can we also have a dungeon finder, and pandas? please!!! /sarcasm

we seriously can’t move on ?!

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

(edited by Daendur.2357)

in Suggestions

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

Sorry, it reeks of fail troll OP.

Incendiary thread for sure, do not feed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

What odds can I get on them adding taunt and dedicated healing and tanking trees?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

Nah! Gallows humour mate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Also we need DPS meters to make sure everyone is contributing.

Also some people seem to be gearing too fast, think we need some week long lockout timers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sam.4728

Sam.4728

Hell yes. Dungeons should drop less loot if you run them too often, so that everyone progresses at the same speed. They should also give ever increasing rewards so that there’s no need to ever run one of those old used up dungeons ever again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xeph.8410

xeph.8410

A lot of good ideas in this thread, I think we’d have a solid progression based game on our hands if these were implemented. If not, please add an API to access combat metrics and give us the ability to write add-ons so we may measure these for ourselves.

I assure you, I use this data only to measure my own performance, and never the performance of other players I play with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Even better than inspect, I had this idea where people could just look up everything about your character on the web. It could be called the guild wars armory.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I second this – there is no way I am going into a dungeon with under equipped people plain and simple. There must be a way to filter them out so that the elite get to go and the rift raft dont even show up.

Dps would be excellent as well I usually am at the top but hey it is always nice to have proof and to tell the other guy how bad they are.
Please this will make the game so much better and maybe my friends will come back.
I actually am liking this and hope Anet sees this – this game could be so good.
I doubt that- they are gone for good but you can hope?

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

*inserts iseewhatudidthere.jpeg

in Suggestions

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Since we don’t have preview on the TP, I do wish there were a way to see what cosmetic item someone’s wearing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bufko.2497

bufko.2497

Nah! Gallows humour mate.

And very presentable at that

Still, it will lead to this. If not now, then with the next tier of ascended gear.
“This is just the beginning”, as the blog post said.