Cash Shop items

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Some items that could be added in the cash shop (TP) alongside the ones that are already in.

Leveling
- level 80 upgrade (you get a character straight to lvl 80 without the respective skill points or trait points)
- level 80 max upgrade (you get a character straight to lvl 80 with 80 skill points and 70 trait points)
- one level upgrade (you can buy as many levels you need, one by one)
- one level max upgrade (you can buy as many levels you need, one by one with both skill point and trait point associated – requires at least level 10 character)

Events
- zone renown completion (all renown events will be completed in your current zone for the current character)
- world renown completion (all renown events will be completed for the current character)
- account renown completion (all renown events will be completed for all the current characters in the account)

Vistas
- zone vistas completion (all vistas will be completed in your current zone for the current character)
- world vistas completion (all vistas will be completed for the current character)
- account vistas completion (all vistas will be completed for all the current characters in the account)

Points of Interest
- zone PoI completion (all PoI will be completed in your current zone for the current character)
- world PoI completion (all PoI will be completed for the current character)
- account PoI completion (all PoI will be completed for all the current characters in the account)

Avhievements
- Slayer Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
- Hero basic Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out except all storyline achievements)
- Tradesman basic Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out except all crafting professions)
- PvP Conqueror basic Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out except tournament achivements)
- Community Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
- Explorer basic Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out except dungeons and puzzle achievements)
- Fashion Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
- Weapon Master Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
- Activities Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
- WvW basic Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out except lifetime achievements)
- Hall of Monuments Completion (all sub-achievements will be maxed out)
-Basic Completion pack (all categories with “basic” in it)
-
Completions pack* (all categories without “basic” in it)

Crafting
- character profession max upgrade (you get max level 400 in every profession on the current character
- Account profession max upgrade (you get max level 400 in every profession on all current characters in your account)
-Specific 2 upgrade (you get lvl 400 in both professions on current character)

Traveling
- Basic Mount unlock service (a generic mount icon on your HuD)
- Mount Skins (different mount skins with and without race restriction)
- Tax Free waypoints for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month (teleportaion will be free for the current character)
- zone WP unlock pack (all WP will be unlocked in your current zone for the current character)
- world WP unlock pack (all WP will be unlocked for the current character)
- account WP unlock pack (all WP will be unlocked for all the current characters in the account)

Skills
-Skill Point pack 5, 15, 30, 50, 100 skill points (the amount of skill points you want to buy for the current character)
_*Weapon skill pack* (unlocks all weapon skills for all weapons available on the current character – does not require the specific weapon to be present in inventory or equiped)

Miscellaneous
- Karma Canister – 10000, 25.000, 50000, 1000000 karma (the amount of karma you want to buy for the current character)
-Dungeon Master (completes specific achievements in Explorer including the benefits from it)
-Hero (completes all story achievements including all benefits from it)
-jumper ( a consumable item that sends your character to the end of a jumping puzzle – requires you to be in that jumping puzzle)
-jumper max (completes all jumping puzzle achievements in Hero category)

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The ONLY thing I would actually consider a valid and desirable option from your entire list:

“Tax Free waypoints for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month (teleportaion will be free for the current character)”

Everything else you’ve listed is basically a “buy my way through the game instead of playing it” shortcut. I’m a little surprised that you didn’t include a “pay $50 and get one Legendary Weapon” option. :P

Back on the Waypoints though, I would totally pay gems for an item like an “Asuran Frequent Traveller Pass” that made Waypoints either 50% cheaper, or a greater version that made Waypoints completely free.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

As you can see, all items listed in there are meant for that “buy my way through the game instead of playing it”. They are convenience things for people who earn real money more easily then game money and don’t have too much time to achieve things in-game so they won’t feel they are never going to get them.

Also, the “Hero” from the “Miscellaneous” category will offer players a total skip feature for all the storyline. I have seen many of them here complaining about the need to do the stotyline on alts. That would be convenient for them too.

I haven’t included dungeon armors skins or legendary weapons because those are meant to be earn in the game, but the other things I put in there are meant to ease that way till there. All waypoints unlocked combined with story line skip and skill point pack and crafting packs can actually reduce the time for obtaining it.

Also, the “Dungeon master” in “Miscellaneous” category unlock all explorable modes for dungeons, so it give you a story mode skip but does not offer you tokens.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Do i even need to? they just asked for the game to be played to completion for them by paying money and for legendary weapons right off the bat to boot . If thats not Pay to Win then i dont know what is .

GW Cash shop things have never been Pay to win EVER .

(edited by Adine.2184)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Zaxares.5419

@Ronah: I’d argue that all of those things you’ve listed, whether exploration or XP or skills or other achievements, are meant to be earned as well. Dungeon armors/weapons and Legendary weapons are just the pinnacle of the achievement ladder; they’re really no different from the lesser achievements. I guarantee that if ANet did introduce this system, you’d have players clamoring to make Dungeon tokens and Legendary weapons purchasable via as well.

(That said, I really don’t get why Dungeon tokens aren’t tradable. None of the Dungeon weapons or armors really appeal to me, so I really have no reason to do any of the explorable modes.)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bahamadude.4925

Bahamadude.4925

I can’t help but wonder if this is a troll post. There are so many things wrong with buying levels until it isn’t funny. I know because i seen it happen in another MMORPG. Here’s the thing, MMORPGs are MEANT to take long. the ones who have no time to play are actually the ones who will enjoy the game the most, as oppose to those who hit the level cap quickly and have nearly nothing to do afterwards.

In an MMORPG it’s the Journey to the level to the level cap that is most important. In addition, there are a bunch of other problems that can pop up due to a large amount of people leveling fast (in be leave me, if the option is there, A LOT will do it).
1. people will hit the level cap and get bored, come raging on the forums expecting new content to just pop up magically.

2. since there is nothing to do, people will up and leave the game.

3. it’s actually a badly FLAWED move in terms of business. a player can buy gems with gold, and even if he used real money, when he hits the level cap and leaves, that’s it, that one customer who could have taken a year to reach the level cap while buying things like bank space, boosters, and other goodies that are already in the store. long term profit, beats short term profits almost any day.

4. Poor players- imagine those who come to the game, buy their way right to level 80, you have no clue they are actually noobs and when you invite them to a dungeon, they become to sole factor in your party CONSTANTLY getting wiped.

6. It’s a slap in the face to those who leveled up the right way. imagine a normal player that worked so hard to hit the level cap and get top gear. then he sees a player not een a day old at level 80 with top gear?

7. it can put devs on a crunch- an mmorpg is meant to take at least a few months to reach the level cap, during this time, the devs are working relentlessly on new things to add. now you end up with a massive influx of level 80s and the devs need to rush their content to please the bored players, then when bored player pay their way through the new content the devs need to slap something together again. Result: poorly made expansions… assuming the devs rush that is.
i’m sure there are more reasons to not have the buy level idea in the game. i had more thought up but as i type this, i’m half asleep and they drifted out of my mind >_>. all in all, kitten #8217;s pay to win and the devs are against tha, based on the fact that when the game first lunched they had people leveling crazy fast and they had to tweakk a few things. one guy hit the level cap in 32 hours thinks to his guild helping him in quests and giving him mats to craft the last 20 levels.

as for the achievements: hmmmmm achievement: something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort

achievements are meant to show how good you are. no matter what the abilty to buy the stuff will NEVER see the light of day EVER.

(edited by Bahamadude.4925)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Do i even need to? they just asked for the game to be played to completion for them by paying money and for legendary weapons right off the bat to boot . If thats not Pay to Win then i dont know what is .

GW Cash shop things have never been Pay to win EVER .

You obviously confuse the meaning of “pay to win” system. A pay to win is that you can get something that makes you stronger compared to other players and that something is not obtainable within the game by any means. So, a player not willing to spend money will never get it. As long as the things I mentioned are in TP buy-able with gems, anyone can have them.
Let me give you an example on what things could make GW2 a pay to win.
- Potions that will replenish your health gauge automatically not letting you loose health
- Potions that will replenish your dodge gauge automatically so you can continuously be able to dodge
- Weapons and armors with better starts than those found in the game
- Buyable resources for WvW
etc

Everything I suggested in OP does not make you more powerful than others and you don’t have an advantage over others. its like you say that being lvl 80 from the start when going in PvP will ruin the PvP experience for others.
If you unlock all waypoints, what advantages does it gives you as a starter character? Do you have enough currency to pay for traveling to Orr? I guess not, and even if you do get to Orr, do you have the required skills or armor to resist in there? No. You will need to buy the other packages which obviously will cost a lot o money.
So, if they let people be in PvP from the start freely, why can they be in Orr from the start by paying money to an A-Net service if they don’t want to experience the game.
It only lets you speed up the process of your game time . No one will be tougher than you no matter how many achievements they have from the start. Achievements dont give you boosts or any advantage if you have them. They are your personal pride which is not shown in the game anyway. You have those legendary weapons and armors to be proud of
By the way, do you actually see the achievements of others? No you don’t so what do you think will disadvantage you compared to others as long as no one sees them
Oh, the titles? C’mon, in GW1 people were adoring titles because they could stay in towns and people could admire them. In here, no one cares about the titles. It is the same what they did when “Legendary defender of Ascalon” was nerfed and everyone with enough patience can get it not like it was before with death-leveling. It was not so important to get it anymore. Not all players are interested in showing off

So, Adine, try to learn more about what “pay to win” means and don’t confuse mechanics with principles.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

as for the achievements: hmmmmm achievement: something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort

This really made me laugh. Effort in achievements = grinding. It only shows that some players have more time and patience not how good they are.

Some of the other points you mentioned are ok. Don’t argue them too much. But i don’t understand why you think I am a troll when basically I gave good explanations to every one. There are other MMOs in which you can buy a lvl 80 character and also levels. There are MMOs that give you different titles if you buy things from the store.
And these MMOs are in the market for long times now 4-5 years or more

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

All the items you listed are items people have to put effort into getting in game. Whether it’s levels, or map completions, professions, karma, or skill points, it takes time and effort to get them.

Name 1 other item that’s currently in the Gem Store that you earn in game by putting in time and effort?

Transmutations stones, and keys. That’s it. Neither of which have ANY affect on your actual character.

This means that GW2 is against items that change your character, or affect your gameplay.

It may not be standard Pay2Win, but the things you listed ARE still pay to win. If 2 people start on the same day, the person purchasing those goods DOES have an obvious advantage over the player who did not.

The Karma one particularly, would even fit YOUR definition of Pay2Win. Karma can be used to purchase things in game that are game altering. Exotics namely. You might as well just put exotic gear in the gem store!

I have played games where the cash shop had items that could be earned in game, but altered the character. It ruined the game. Even though the items were obtainable without spending money, the players who cash shopped got such a huge advantage, that the non csers couldn’t keep up. The game even has a currency exchange system where you can change cash shop money for in game currency, but it still caused problems.

It made it hard to earn money in the trading post, and it separated cash shoppers from the non csers, because they couldn’t compete.

The only thing I have to say for people who don’t want to do all those things listed above and want it handed to them, don’t play the game, because you just listed out 90% of the content. Why bother playing.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

Yes, let’s all buy Gw2 for 59.99, and then pay another $50 on top of that so we don’t actually have to play it……

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Bahamadude.4925

This really made me laugh. Effort in achievements = grinding. It only shows that some players have more time and patience not how good they are.

Some of the other points you mentioned are ok. Don’t argue them too much. But i don’t understand why you think I am a troll when basically I gave good explanations to every one. There are other MMOs in which you can buy a lvl 80 character and also levels. There are MMOs that give you different titles if you buy things from the store.
And these MMOs are in the market for long times now 4-5 years or more

For the record, my comment about trolls was more of a “this is so obvious i wonder if the OP is serious kind of thing but it’s obvious he actually is.” if i thought you really were a troll i wouldn’t have bothered to post such a long winded reason why they shouldn’t do what you suggest.

as for achivements, you are right in that it shows no skill but have much time you are willing to spend to get it. BUT it still doesn’t change the fact that it takes EFFORT. it must be earned plain and simple.

You say you played games that do this, would you kindly pm those games to me? i’m willing to bet my bottom dollar that everything you send will be free to play games. The simple fact of the matter is, F2P mmorpgs can pull off doing this because they have a readily available supply of suckers to keep them afloat. It takes NOTHING for a player to get started on them, and their cashshop money can even be bought by kids since they can buy game cards at a local store. Now look at a P2P game. you need to cough up X amount of cash AND pay monthly. Even if this game is different, the simple fact that it needs to be paid for REALLY limits the amount of people that would pick up and play (even though said people would actually cough up WAAAAY more on a F2P game than a P2P one). one suce example is PWI that game was a VERY good mmorpg until they started selling packs that gave tokens that could be used to buy all sorts of stuff that leveled up up faster than should be allowed. and got top gear that should have taken weeks if not months of farming to make in a space of a few hours. MANY quit the game. my entire guild died, even all the guys on my friends list left that right there is around 90 players i quested with shortly after starting quitting. Yet despite that, the devs of that game keeps those items because they know full well that their game is popular, and new players are constantly flowing in.

If your idea was really all that good, don’t you think other P2P games would have had something like your idea?

EDIT: well there IS a popular P2P Space based mmorpg that allows you to buy toons from another player (which i’ sure you would have pointed out) which would basically allow you to start off being able to fly to top ships in the game. But even that isn’t a valid example as even a noob in a frigate can own a guy and a larger ship that’s been playing for years if he mods his ship right, the shear level of customization negates any real advantages of buying a toon from someone else.

(edited by Bahamadude.4925)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

This seriously sounds like Pay to Win to me. (You may mentally rephrase it as “Pay to Finish” or what ever, but it still sounds like Pay to Win to me.) ANet ain’t going to do that, so I don’t really see the need to even argue about it.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

To the OP, I must say that I am appalled that anyone would even think to suggest such things. Paying to level up to 80 is just garbage in my opinion. It ain’t that hard to level, try playing the game first before whining about wanting an instant level up.

As for the exploration unlock that you wanted, that’s utter trash as well. It’s a huge insult and a kick to those players who work their kitten off exploring all the places to get 100% world completion or even for just 100% zone completion. Again, play the kitten game before whining for the easy way out.

The achievements stuff? Those are just the worst of the worst. You want to get achievements by paying gems? There’s a reason why they’re called achievements, because those who get them have achieved something. Don’t mix real life with the game world. If you’ve already got a hell lot of money in real life, then I’m pretty sure you can free up some time to play a game. Giving achievements for gems is no better than sheer bribery, blackmail, or otherwise cheating to get a promotion in your company or getting awards you don’t deserve.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: mantrunks.4810

mantrunks.4810

I’m pretty sure from early interviews and speculation about there being a cash shop in the game was to allow for cosmetics for players who seek it but not to be a way to imbalance the actual game play environment. If you look at the cash shop items currently, there is nothing in there that gives a player a significant advantage as far as game play or player progression, aside from the minor bonuses you can purchase. I personally think this is the way to go as I’ve played many MMOs in the past that allowed end game items to just be purchased and make the others who don’t want to pay have to work for hours on end to get the equivalent.

To me, the concept of buying a level 80 character is like buying a game then starting at the end of the game. Sure, you may not want to do the quests and all of that again, but there are easy ways especially in this game to power level yourself up to 80 (look at crafting). It will cost some in game gold but it’s a small price if you are that impatient to get yourself up to max level while having barebones equipment.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Maybe just send ANet a bag of money and they will print you a certificate saying that you beat guild Wars 2. This seems to be what you want…

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

This is the most instant gratification post ever and it has crushed a portion of my soul to see. This is the worst train of thought in existence, for any game, or anything. Pay to win or instant gratification is lazy.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

Why get the game if you don’t want to play it? All those items are specifically to avoid playing the game. So what’s the point, another notch on your belt?

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Is this guy trolling or what? xD
Whats the point on buying a game and then pay more to auto-complete it…if you don’t want to play then don’t do it at all…
No, really I can’t understand such reasoning, this has to be a troll…

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: MLUdrea.7386

MLUdrea.7386

No. Just no. You made me log into my account just to reply. No. Pay to Win is bad, and you should feel bad no matter how you re-word it.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: SleepyGamer.5748

SleepyGamer.5748

not really sure why you would buy a game you obviously don’t want to play

do you go to a restaurant and ask for plates of food that have already been eaten
or to word that more to what your suggesting pay for the food then more to have it eaten for you

the point of gaming is to do all that stuff you want to buy your way through and although I see what your saying isn’t pay to win in the sense of you spend money to make your char stronger than someone else’s you are suggesting that you should be able to have access to all the things you have not earned

I work..it takes me longer as I have less time than others that have all day but no amount of money can buy the satisfaction of completing something within the game

most of the things you want to be able to buy also have no advantage to you other than completing the achievement……which I shouldn’t need to spell out but if you paid for it where is the achievment

my biggest question however is what are you going to do once you have paid out all that cash to have an uber leet access all areas character?

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I like how some of you jump up to the conclusion that I am a troll. This is pretty offensive. How would you feel if I call you insert word here uninformed insert word here?
For your information Age of Conan sold lvl 80 characters when it went F2P and still offers one free level for every 96 hours of offline time for subscribers.
If you read more carefully this forum you would see how many people want to have mounts and how many want to have the map open for their alts.
Oh, and you think titles and achievements are worth something in this game? Don’t fool yourself because otherwise there won’t be threads in this forum to make titles more visible or legendary weapons more legendary.
And another thing, paying large amounts of money to A-Net because you are lazy will not hurt them, it will just hurt your pride. Lazy players will quit the game anyway and A-Net has only earned $60 from each of them. If they buy all the things in there they have given A-net over $1500 and the effect will be the same: they will quit.
Only the reasons will be different: first they quit because its too long and too hard and second because they have done all. Both cases take about 1-3 weeks long but A-net has made 1500$ more than just 60$.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i just have to ask:

why did you buy the game to pay to skip its content? it makes no sense at all.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

i just have to ask:

why did you buy the game to pay to skip its content? it makes no sense at all.

For your information, I have 8 GW2 characters now between lvl 15-63 and I can only play like 1h in a day. I have played this way GW1 and I have 50/50 Points in HoM and GWAMM title. I haven’t made this thread for me, but I just made a list of things people ask for in this forum. I won’t buy the things I suggested because its not my style but I don’t mind to make life easier for those who want it easier. It will not hurt my pride either.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Zaxares.5419

I haven’t made this thread for me, but I just made a list of things people ask for in this forum. I won’t buy the things I suggested because its not my style but I don’t mind to make life easier for those who want it easier.

I can’t say I’ve actually seen people asking to simply buy completion for the game’s aspects… But let’s throw it out there and see.

Who here would buy any of the gem store items that unlocks progress instantly? If you would buy it, post below and state which one you would buy and why. (Lack of gaming time, don’t want to re-level an alt etc.) Everyone else, please do not attack these posters. This is simply to see if there IS such an interest, and to understand the motivations behind it.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

@Ronah

It doesn’t matter how much people are clamoring about something in the forums. If a lot of people started to clamor about making Zhaitan a cute furry rabbit instead of an undead ruling elder dragon, that still wouldn’t justify that drastic change.

I don’t know about you, but I take pride in my in-game achievements and titles. Be they visible or not, I’m still kitten proud to have attained them by my own efforts and skills. And no, I’m not some no-life person who plays all day. My playtime is borderline average I would say.

This may not affect the “lazy players”, as you call them, much, and may benefit Anet in financial terms regarding these so-called “lazy players”, but this will effectively ruin the game value for the players who actually play the game because they want to. I personally dislike games that let players buy stuff to either gain an advantage or to ‘level the playing field’. Cosmetics are fine and dandy, but when store-bought items give someone 100% map completion when I’m working myself silly trying to get to a vista or beat a skill challenge or find that last POI in a map, that’s where I have to draw the line.

Again, no offense, but if you wanna help Anet out financially, maybe just donate to them directly instead of ruining the game value for the players who actually like the game.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

Have to chime in here.

In no way can these suggestions be rationalized. I’m trying desperately to see your point and it’s just not happening. You say that these achievements aren’t actually achievements, just grinding. In a sense, yes, but this would be a gross stretch of rationalization.

To put something in perspective for you, in GW1 I finally earned the Legendary Vanquisher title. This was achieved by going to every area and killing everything. I barely have the time to play and I actually consider that an achievement. Seeing someone else who bought the title only cheapens what I worked for. Same goes for this game. These are achievements because you actually did it. It gives a sense of accomplishment in-game. The fact that I have to explain this is …. disappointing.

Buying levels is also an idiotic thing to allow. The reasoning should be completely obvious and no one should have to explain this.

As one of the more casual players in the game, I feel no need for these kinds of things to be sold. Don’t pretend to speak on behalf of those who don’t have much time to play this game.

In essence, stop being lazy and just play the kitten game….

EDIT: On alts, why would you make an alt only to not play it? If you use this argument, that is basically what you’re saying. You skip out on the actual gameplay, only to….I’m honestly not sure what you would do after skipping the entire game. Alts are made to experience the game in a different manner, fighting with a different style, and even to go through different storylines.

Seriously, I really can’t figure out where you’re going with all this. I really do keep trying, but as you can see with my post I just can’t rationalize what your thought process is…

The Blind player

(edited by Rogue.8235)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

@ronah – if those people really wanted it, let them ask for it.

even then, i doubt ANet would add a “skip most content” button that costed a few dollars to press. it would defeat the point of having a game to begin with.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

@ronah – if those people really wanted it, let them ask for it.

Yes, they ask for them – mounts, free waypoints for different reasons, unlocked maps for alts, etc. BUT they ask them free and not for real money. This is why even if A-Net would add the things in the cash-shop those people will not buy them because the prices will probably discourage the majority of them. Why do you think none of them commented in here? Because they want them Free not to pay for. so they let the thread go down to the bottom and bump up just the requests

That is why things I added there won;t be so affordable as they seem. Not all the kids will have them, not all workers will have them. They are there as an option but not as an easy thing to get.
Besides, some of the items can have restrictions like" you need to have a lvl 80 character in the account before buying a new lvl 80 character" or “you must have unlocked this zone waypoints on another character before buying the unlock waypoits pack”

As an information. they have sold in GW1 cash shop " skill unlock pack" but they were there for your heroes not for your character. The character still had to use tomes or buy/capture those skills on it own. having the heroes fully skilled help a lot of players during their adventure and didn’t hurt much the non buyers. Those who bought those skill pack had an easier way through the game but A-net has offered them the possibility to avoid PvP if they didn’t like it in order for getting the skills they wanted

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

Even if you pay for it, having an “unlock stuff” option for alts is still … not a good thing (to keep things civilized). I personally don’t have a problem with the waypoint costs (and this is coming from a level 80 who has amassed only 4g total) and I’m not at all keen on mounts.

Back to the point, the buying achievements is pointless no matter how you look at it, so we can drop that.

Buying levels and story skipping is also a horrible idea. Again, the point of alts is to experience the game in a different manner. If the sole argument is that someone made an alt and wants to skip everything just to get to the dungeons.. well that’s flawed. They have no experience with that class because they barely used it. It’s a waste of money on their part, anyways, and a waste of time for whatever group they’re playing with. None of these cash shop items should be implemented.

The Blind player

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Buying levels, karma and map completions? Hall of Monuments even? O.o What on earth…? Is this a serious post?

I don’t mean to be rude, but this is the most absurd post I’ve seen on the forum.

These suggestions are pure pay to win and I will quit the game in disgust if these are implemented. I’m quite sure I wouldn’t be the only one either.

(edited by Kana.6793)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Bahamadude.4925

Here i thought this topic would die peacefully lol.

for the record. i got your PM and i replied but i kept getting a 401 error, then it somehow got deleted. I’ll give you the gist of what i said. You are not really a troll, that comment is simply a common wiseguy crack that is used on the internet on topics like these where the suggestion is obviously a bad idea.

i’m not upset with you at all, however i can understand that the way i present my arguments can make it seem so. think nothing of it when you see me capitalizing words here and there, that is simply me trying to bring emphasis to that particular word.

You used age of conan as an example, as i pointed out in my earlier post, F2P games can pull off doing that because of the way they are built. they are assessable to anyone and everyone that stumbles upon them. other than that, that game is so grindy the level up fr subbers ALMOST makes it okay.

i still fail to see the point of all this. this is coming from a guy that only gets around 8 hours of play a WEEK sometimes less. but i have no desire to instantly hit the level cap. you will never get anyone to agree with you on the matter of achievements. there is NO game that lets you buy them. they must be earned. you sir, are one of a very small group of players that would want something like this and as such, A-net wouldn’t even bat an eye at this suggestion. it’ll only hurt them in the long run. again, not trying to be insulting, just stating facts.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: nir.3706

nir.3706

I really don’t agree with this idea… basically what you are saying is you want to be able to pay and complete the whole game in a few seconds… what will you do after? hang around in lions arch with the nice looking legendary that you got by buying a karma canister and that you completed 100% map coz of the other upgrades… and the level 80 that you clicked a button to get it 80.. with 2 crafting skills that you also paid for? sorry it just doesn’t make sense to me…

the whole point of the game is to play it isn’t it? all the suggestions here take that away from the game.. except for the tax free thingy which is actually not a bad idea… but ye… overall i just don’t think this is a good idea

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

Those suggestions sounds like a good workaround for botfarmers to gain higher profits in less time as they dont have to run their “farms” through low lvl locations: buy new account instead of banned one, buy lvl 80 with skills/traits, buy some white/blue/green equips and send them to Orr/Frost Gorge en masse.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

(edited by zbrkesbr.4173)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midou.5384

Midou.5384

I don’t agree with any of those suggestions. Why would you want the game to be explored for you without exploring it, and earning achivements without achieving them? If you don’t need them for skilled play, then why don’t you just ignore them and move on? If you feel the need to accomplish them, then go out and do it.

My only frustration is that WvWvW does not allow you to use a maxed out character like PvP does with it’s own traits and gear, but at the same time, this mode feels like you are using the character you put a lot of effort into, in fighting other players, while PvP is more about being good at using a proper build.

If even 1/4th of these were to make it into the game, I would probably quit.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Amazing how there are people willing to pay for a game then pay 3x times what they paid to have nothing left to do at it.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

oh and before i forget:

obligatory pay2win comment.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

Walks in To Local Video Game Store.
“Hi I’d like to Buy ‘Splatman Darcum Nation’”
“Sure, that’ll be $50”
“I’d like to buy All the Explore points, missions, Stories, collectables, Acheiviments too please”
“Thats an additional $40”
“Thanks”

Goes home, loads game, presses play. “GAME COMPLETED” Presses eject, tosses game in the bin.

>>Seriously this is the Entire game. What is the point of buying a completed Game? I understand the argument of Buying in Game Currency to make things a bit easier, But what is the point of buying your way to the end of a game? It’s not like there’s a Trophy or Prise money.

The point of playing a Game is to play it. IF you don’t want to play it, keep you money.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I am sorry guys for this “tongue in cheek” post, which was purely a fantasy, but seriously, check out this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Pseudo-economy-needs-serious-revamping/first#post475409
That is already happening and will affect the game very shortly. In about 1 month time when 70% or more of the player base will be lvl 80, it will be esier to spend little dollars for in-game money and buy a Cultural Tier 3 Armor and other exotic materials in TP. Right now its 79 silvers for 100 gems.
Why are gems so sought in the game when the things in cash shop are convenience and cosmetic? Is it because of the boosters? probably yes. I dont think people are running for costumes and minipets.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Yeah so, straight up if this ever happens I am done with this game.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

Every item suggested here is pay to win. No thank you.

The entire concept of the gems shop is that it is supposed to never have pay to win. Ever. Adding pay to win to this game’s cash shop will make it no better than the hundreds of “free” to play Korean garbage games, and it will (deservedly so) collapse.
Anet isn’t that soulless, they love their creation and want us to love it too.
So again: No thank you.

Cash Shop items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thrym.9436

Thrym.9436

You can create a character at level one, go to heart of mists, and play it as a level 80 with everything unlocked as much as you want right now. You can do WvW the same way, albeit without the points(and yes, I am aware that it’ll be painful) and that will even level you as you do it.

If you want the PvE, you play the PvE. Even if Pay to Win wasn’t a bad idea(and it is), being allowed to skip the PvE in order to, um..PvE, would continue to be a bad idea.