Castle sieges and guild wars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voldren.3284

Voldren.3284

I don’t know if it was proposed earlier so sorry if I repeat suggestion, but it’s quite important for me as a player
I think good idea for having some fun at the endgame is placing some siegeable castles in the GW2 world where any guild is able to participate and forced to fight with other clans for it. It could give some unique profits for the owner of the castle and a ‘home’ for guild members in the game.
Also declaring wars to another guild would be fun, both sided declaration could lead to beeing able killing players of enemy guild anywhere except safezones, besides pure fun from having some pvp, it kind of forces guild members to walk through the world in groups (more secure in case of defending from enemies).
Those solutions are quite popular in many mmo’s, and in case of GW2 it wouldn’t affect the people who don’t want to participate in any of these, but just bringing some fun to the guilds (especially at the endgame).

(edited by Voldren.3284)

in Suggestions

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

The castle siege or city siege idea is something good, as it will give guilds things to do together. In my opinion the guild should only get some minor benefits like guild flags in the town.

Open war entering the PVE world I am strongly against as it allows big guilds to bully small guilds and this in the end is bad for the game. Bad for the game? Yes, because you allow 1 group of people to bully the other group of the game. I am not against guilds having wars however, but like in GW1, it should be fought in instances where members can come if they want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lingonberry.6983

lingonberry.6983

Declaring wars between guilds is an excellent idea!

However, it should be made in a way that guildleaders on two guilds agree to start war with eachother. A big guild should not be able to bully a small guild unless it is agreed upon by the leaders of those guilds. The wars between guilds should not concern anyone but those guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

In short, bring back GvG from GW1, though we should leave the PvE map part out.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

lingonberry.6983

I think gang rivalries would be fun and would be nice to watch for everyone in the game. Since only the guilds waring eachother would be affected I don’t see why it should be instanced. If it was like an arena the guilds fighting eachother would be totally safe during pve. I think it should be a players choice to join a waring guild or not.

in Suggestions

Voldren.3284

Open war entering the PVE world I am strongly against as it allows big guilds to bully small guilds and this in the end is bad for the game. Bad for the game? Yes, because you allow 1 group of people to bully the other group of the game. I am not against guilds having wars however, but like in GW1, it should be fought in instances where members can come if they want.

Thats why declaration should be both sided, so both guilds agree to fight with each other.

in Suggestions

lingonberry.6983

Thats why declaration should be both sided, so both guilds agree to fight with each other.

I agree!

in Suggestions

Posted by: krysthian.7389

krysthian.7389

Pretty please

in Suggestions

beren.6048

Because then it will affect people who didn’t choose to PvP. Some people in your guild will want war, others don’t. You should have the freedom to choose and not be forced to exit the guild because you want war or because you don’t.

As I probably said, I don’t want to be bothered during my PvE. If most of your friends in your guild think like that then you ‘ll never have your war either. Unless the GL thinks the same as you, after which people will get bullied and quickly exit the guild with lots of drama and guild death. This is something Anet tried to avoid in their design and I don’t think they are going to completely turn back this core design to a traditional design. Instance based war is more preferable imo and something that was like that in GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smudge.3874

Smudge.3874

Because then it will affect people who didn’t choose to PvP. Some people in your guild will want war, others don’t. You should have the freedom to choose and not be forced to exit the guild because you want war or because you don’t.

As I probably said, I don’t want to be bothered during my PvE. If most of your friends in your guild think like that then you ‘ll never have your war either. Unless the GL thinks the same as you, after which people will get bullied and quickly exit the guild with lots of drama and guild death. This is something Anet tried to avoid in their design and I don’t think they are going to completely turn back this core design to a traditional design. Instance based war is more preferable imo and something that was like that in GW1.

I totally agree with you, the last thing I want as im strolling through the countryside with my hands in my pockets enjoying the scenary is to have another guilds members come up behind me and hit me with a lump of 4×2. If I wanted that I would go into PvP or WvW. Also in the case of an event, where you are battling away then I dont want to be thinking that another guild will try getting a few crafty digs in at me because we are both battling the same enemy or boss.

in Suggestions

beren.6048

not to mention that there are no peace zones, so you ll have war even in the city. PvP in the PvE envirnoment will mean a major roll back to the traditional design.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

It’s called Guild Wars. Therefore I think it’s reasonable if
SOME kind of GvG feature is present; so long as implemented with care.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Sounds fun, but i am more for char vs humans (other races decide which to join) than gvg :p

all is vain

in Suggestions

Voldren.3284

@beren
Guild members should share similar goals in game, otherwise its just a bunch of randoms gathered together. If so then changing a guild for them wouldn’t be a big problem…
In my opinion better drama and few members loss, than beeing a group of total strangers who r in guild for no special reason (it’s my personal opinion but I hope some ppl agree with me ;d)

in Suggestions

krysthian.7389

not to mention that there are no peace zones, so you ll have war even in the city. PvP in the PvE envirnoment will mean a major roll back to the traditional design.

you read original post ? he want peace zones in towns.
And about that assrape while pve’ing : u have guild which will try to prevent it, dont u ?

in Suggestions

lingonberry.6983

@beren
Guild members should share similar goals in game, otherwise its just a bunch of randoms gathered together. If so then changing a guild for them wouldn’t be a big problem…
In my opinion better drama and few members loss, than beeing a group of total strangers who r in guild for no special reason (it’s my personal opinion but I hope some ppl agree with me ;d)

I agree with you and I think one big point of this would be to allow fighting in the pve maps. Allright, there could be special zones where fighting is not allowed, close to events or in cities for example. But if you are in a waring guild and you get attacked by a posse. Then go get your friends and get some revenge!

in Suggestions

krysthian.7389

ok, no w/e
carebears are too strong for me, so instead of doing it on every servur, they could make one with pvp changes which are mentioned in the first post…