Chainsaw Kit

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

After seeing the new weapon skins for Halloween, I’ve had an absolutely beautiful idea for a new weapon option for Engineers; a Chainsaw Kit.
I’ve been able to find only a single video of one of the chainsaw skins so far, but it is freaking amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luDBZf_T9Xg

The idea of having one of those with it’s own unique skills is just… awesome.
Also, well… the idea that I can’t use that weapon skin on an Engineer drives me absolutely insane.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve always felt the steam shield skin looked like some kind of powersaw. It’s kind of scary to picture the thing stuck to your arm.

And yeah, a chainsaw kit would definitely be amusing. I don’t see it happening though. Although if they ever add swords to the engineer for some reason, as a slot skill for them it would be nice.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xocolatl.6890

Xocolatl.6890

Sweet sweet skin.
It would be an interesting “single target melee DPS” kit for Engy, I suppose. At the very least, it looks wicked.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orzwark.2431

Orzwark.2431

+50 power against Oakhearts.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zapato.4296

Zapato.4296

Would be cool if you had kits like in Final Fantasy 3/6 (what ever you want to call it) where you had the “Drill” or the “Chainsaw”, “Auto Crossbow”, “Bio Blaster” (sort of like the elixir gun skill 3) or “Noise Blaster” that confuses enemies.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I would love this. I’ve been having fun using the toolkit as a melee but, wow, a chainsaw would be amazing.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Grimwolf.7163

I feel like it really would fill an effective niche. Right now Engineers have no actual melee. There’s the toolkit, but it’s focused more on turret support with melee as just a side-point for a means to actually defend yourself.
And this is particularly strange, because I recall it being stated directly by a developer at some point that all classes were intended to be able to choose either melee or range, with no class being relegated to one specifically, without choice. But they did exactly that with the Engineer.
And the only thing that could possibly be more “Engineer” in regards to a melee weapon than a chainsaw would indeed be a wrench, but that is not and should not be focused heavily on attacking people directly.

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Posted by: Never.6014

Never.6014

This would be epic, and is now my burning wish for Engineer, after bugfixes.

Tell Anet’s boss what you think: http://tinyurl.com/arkgzku

Chainsaw Kit

in Suggestions

Grimwolf.7163

Considering how crazy popular that Greatsaw Greatsword has turned out to be, I think that bodes well for something like this. People love chainsaws apparently :P

Assuming something like this were ever done though, which I desperately hope for, I just hope it would look more like the Greatsaw and not the Chain Sword… The one-hander is bland