Champion Risen Knight/Skill Point

in Suggestions

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

How about making it so you do not get killed by a group event in a pretty quiet zone for a skill point? This knight basically 1 shots me as I try to get up to the skill point and no one wants to come kill him. It is in Malchor’s leap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I know exactly which one you are talking about and it’s a huge pain to get. Doesn’t seem like that event ever expires. It needs to be on a timer.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

Thief: Invis
Mesmer: Invis and clones
Ele: Earth pet(s)
Necro: Pets
Engi: Turrets/supply drop
Ranger: Tanky pet/healing spring
Guardian: Spirit weapons/aegis
Warrior: Dunno about this one

That’s how I had to get them anyway. Pretty sure I got my warrior’s on a server that had the event done already.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcuss.6457

Arcuss.6457

Thief: Invis
Mesmer: Invis and clones
Ele: Earth pet(s)
Necro: Pets
Engi: Turrets/supply drop
Ranger: Tanky pet/healing spring
Guardian: Spirit weapons/aegis
Warrior: Dunno about this one

That’s how I had to get them anyway. Pretty sure I got my warrior’s on a server that had the event done already.

Actually when i did it as a thief, about a month ago, it saw through my stealth ever time and killed me instantly. I don’t really know if that was a bug or this champion just has this ability. I didn’t think about using the thieves guild at the time, but it probably would have one shot them as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

How about adding the spy kit to the list of things to try. Gives 10 seconds of camouflage, not stealth. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ash_Legion_Spy_Kit Has a 60 sec cooldown though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

If you are a charr use the elite charr racial skill that summon two allies, launch the npc on the knight and take your point.
Thieves also have thief guild as decoy.
The time he takes to kill them is roughly the time needed to get your skillpoint.
Or ask a friend to be your decoy x) works just fine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

It does see through stealth I went in as snowleapord (Norn warrior). I got it with the help of a thief he tried to stealth me in but it saw me through it. I just let the champ attack him as I got the point. Really though- This needs to be looked at because I guested to 2 other servers and was unable to find people to just kill it and stealth does not work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Champs camping skill points in general needs to be looked at. This and the one in Caledon are probably the most frustrating examples because both are generally dead maps where you’re not going to find help. If these were veterans instead, I doubt it’d be half as hard to kill them and grab the point.

Also gonna agree on the “he sees through stealth” because he 100% does, you cannot sneak past him. I got the point only because there were two others who needed it. They distracted him while I got it then I distracted him while each of them got it. You probably can use NPCs to distract him too.. but why should you have to?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

There’s another one in cursed shore that’s like that. Only reason I got it is because someone else happened by. We took turns distracting the champ so we could both get the point.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mykx.9562

mykx.9562

Commune while the champ is using the protective bubble move; play defensive until he uses the move. I recently got this skill point on my warrior, solo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mark.5348

Mark.5348

This guy really was not so bad. He did one shot me the 1st time I tried to get the skill point because I didn’t realize he was flying.

The trick is to use the fact that he is slow as molasses to take advantage of the horrible AI and the pathing around the area. Simply get him to chase, then drop down and into the lower ground area. He will chase you by going all the way around rather than flying down. Obviously, once he is down in the lower area, pop some kind of speed and run back up quickly to get the skill point before he catches up.

I do agree that these types of mobs dont add anything for PvE players. There is simply no fun in it. At the very least, tone him down so he does not do 18k damage in one instant. In my 1st try, I literally went from full health (about 15k) to zero in one eye blink. No time to react or anything. How is that supposed to be fun? How is using bad AI and pathing fun? It aint.