Change 1 click crafting

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Basen.8506

Basen.8506

I just want to point out this issue I am having, it took me 20 mins and 30 silver to get cooking from 0-101… The actual crafting took 3 minutes total, the other time was spent getting the ingredients from the BLTC.
I’d love crafting similar to either FFXI or FFXIV, crafting in FFXI was rewarding since it took a few moments per craft and you had the chance to fail, get normal result or produce a HQ item.
Cause this POWER Crafting is not very good in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

You want crafting to be more of a grind?

Some thought provoking quote

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Basen.8506

Yeah, cause right now it does not present any reward, since it can be done in an hour to reach max rank…

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Plunder.8195

I don’t agree. It’s not in the philosophy of the game to make crafting a grind. so no 0.X% chance to get the item you want after gathering hundreds of crafting materials for this item.
But to get to max rank here you still need to actually get your crafting materials, which is not an easy or quick task. Being able to actually craft that legendary gear should be rewarding enough on its own imho.

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Basen.8506

How is buying them from the BLTC hard? I mean I bought them in a minute, if the ingredients could only be gathered that would be A LOT better

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Plunder.8195

well, you still need loads of gold for that, and that is also not really easy to get. (yes you can use RL money for that, but I have no idea why one would want to do that anyway)
But then again, it was never the idea that is was very hard to get the best gear in the game.

(it IS however very hard to get the best looking gear)

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daisako Kunandra.6248

Daisako Kunandra.6248

Oh joy, someone from Final Fantasy XI/XIV. I did that for like a year though I couldn’t get interested in their crafting system (though I did take advantage of stupid people in San d’Oria by buying wood from the Logger’s Guild then reselling for 5 times the price or more in Auction House and people would buy it o.O

Anyways, enough reminiscing, I think that would actually be better as well, I think the problem I had in FF XI (I played for the first year) was getting materials, not actually the crafting system. The only thing I really liked mainly about Final Fantasy XI was the home system where you could put furniture you bought or made, which was nice. Hopefully we can have nice stuff like that if we ever get guild houses or something in this game…

Sorry for the random tangent, but I did contribute during it, lol.

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Basen.8506

30 silver for 100 levels is a lot? I kind of doubt it

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Basen.8506

Yeah Daisako I agree, hopefully they add that, and like you said FFXI crafting is feasible here if we can grab ingredients from vendors or TPs OR vice versa

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Plunder.8195

You could get from lvl 300 to 400 crafting with only 30 silver?

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Basen.8506

No I went from 0-100, but I am pretty sure that if you use only recipes with 2 ingredients it will not cost a whole bunch more, btw I am doing cooking

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melesie.5723

Melesie.5723

I can’t speak for cooking, but I am doing 300-400 on tailoring right now (387 right now I think) and I can assure you, that if you only buy materials, you will spend a few gold (my guess is around 5 with current prices) on this range alone. Not to mention that yesterday, some material (not sure which one now) was completely gone from trading post. I think that once accumulated stocks run out, prices will go up somewhat.

You can’t judge whole crafting based on 0-100 in one profession. Also, aim was never to make things feel like grind here. I haven’t played FFXI, but I am assuming it was similar to Lineage 2 (which I’ve spent several years with) where you could spend a month gathering materials required to craft a weapon (not counting clan support), only to fail a 60% chance recipe. I’m quite sure most people playing GW2 don’t want that.

If you want some really hard things, try making a legendary weapon. There are no known recipes yet (to my knowledge), but some people seem to have estimates and price of materials goes into hundreds of gold (I haven’t had 10 gold cash yet :P ) so that should satisfy need for grind.

Change 1 click crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blitz.3627

Blitz.3627

The fun of crafting and especially cooking could be in discovering new recipes or making things that your characters can use (like a new set of armour).
If you spend the time in the discovery window then each item you make takes from a few moments to several minutes as you try and combine ingredients to find a new useful food. If you just follow someone else’s instructions on how to buy specific items and combine them in an optimised order to always make orange items then it will take virtually no time to craft each item and, to my mind, will remove absolutely all of the fun from the art of cooking.

If you are trying to enjoy cooking then you will likely get significantly more fulfilment from searching out ingredients and recipes than in simply raising a number from 0 to 400.