Change Daily to weekly/fortnightly

in Suggestions

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

Please could you have a look at the way the current plan to stop people blowing through content is working.

It’s a little silly that somebody who logs in for 10-30 mins a day can get as much if not more as people who can do 4-6 hours a couple of days a week.
The second person in my example will have put in double the time commitment, for less than a third of the rewards.

Most people work on a weekly routine any way, because of work and other commitments. So perhaps Dailies could become weeklys. Working on a seven tier system. For example, when a tier is completed it will open up the next tier of achievements for you to work towards. meaning you can’t farm through all the achievements really quickly, but still manage them on one day.

Daily crafting materials- These could be changed to limited 7 per week (although I would prefer 14 ), but once per node per day. So if you want to make all your charged quartz in one day it would mean travelling to different nodes.

I say this due to the fact that I have a group of us who can log on and play together once or twice a week, Some of us are very good, just lack the time to put in daily work. so we feel that we are slowed down due to the fact we have real life commitments. Not slowed down to our lack of dedication or time in put.

If we had it as a fortnight(2 weeks) Idea it would fit in perfectly with living story and possibly give us more achievements to work towards in that time. Might even make it seem less of a job to log in every day.

The daily reward system I think is fine, with champions/dungeons, it actually works really well with the weekly idea as it gives daily players more rewards, that aren’t directly tied to progression. and will mean that groups similar to ours will farm more content rather than the same easy dungeons.

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Short Answer: No

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

The second person in my example will have put in double the time commitment, for less than a third of the rewards.

That’s only true if the only reward you care about is laurels. The person who puts in more time will get more gold, mats, karma, dungeon tokens, etc. And laurels are not the only way to get ascended items.

Anet wants to reward players for logging in every day. I personally suggest that you don’t even worry about laurels and just play the game for fun. The only time I ever even think about the daily is when I’m about to log off and and only need 1 or 2 of the dailies that I can easily complete in just a few minutes.