Change Experience Scrolls to Free +19 Levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The new Experience Scroll (rewarded for 5k AP chest) is a neat little item. Makes rolling alts a little less painless. But I think it suffers from a major flaw. That is…

You can’t really know if you’ll like a profession until you’ve played it. In fact, it usually takes 20 levels of unlocking weapon & utility skills, spending a few trait points, and generally messing around before you know if you want to reroll or continue.

The scroll gives any new toon a free 1-20 jump. I suggest that the scroll now give a free 19 levels to any character below level 40. This lets a level 1 still use it as it currently functions, but also someone who’s played 10 or even 30 levels before he/she decides the profession is fun. And without reduced effect. And the <40 restriction keeps players from skipping levels 60-80, where you have access to all traits and some great later zones and dungeons.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I’d support it giving a set amount of exp (equal to the first 20 levels perhaps) for any character.

I’m disappointed that I can’t really use it. My lowest alt is already lvl 21.

For now, I’ll just save it until I make a ninth character. :P

in Suggestions

Seras.5702

Monday morning bump.

Does anyone else agree or am I just spinning my wheels here?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Seras.5702

That post’s idea is similar, but still very different. I don’t want to be able to skip 40, 60, or 80 levels, just make the existing scroll more user-friendly.

I feel like the current scroll is only truly utilized at lvl 2, thus gaining the maximum possible benefit from the item. However, you can’t really know if that profession is something you’ll even like until you play it a bit. Which means you might be level 6 or 8 before you want to use it, thus losing out on much of the scroll’s benefit. And if you don’t figure out if you like that profession or not till lvl 20, you’re outa luck.

Keep the function just lose the limitation of the scroll giving levels 1-20 and instead make it a flat 19 levels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

The thing is, it’s NOT “free experience”, as such.

It is, in essence, a “head start” item. It presumes you’re experienced at the game (you did, after all, earn 5,000 Achievement Points).

If they WERE to give it a flat gain for post-20s, I don’t think 19 would be the best level, anyway. 10 would probably be the best, in that case. (And, at high levels, would be MORE experience by far than the amount that took you from 2 to 20.)

But I think that the item, as it is now, serves the spirit of their intention.

Although… they SHOULD have something it could do (or be exchanged for), for people with no sub-20s and no desire to buy more slots. Perhaps an item that adds 20 free Skill Points (no levels)? This would even make it useful for people AT 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Save the scroll for when they release a new class and use it then.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien