Change "Fast-cast ground targeting"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

Fast cast ground targeting is a great addition for classes that use a lot of “manually targeted AoE” like necromancer with staff or elementalist, but in some situation it is not convenient or almost impossible, for example:

when you need to cast in a very accurate way
when you click on the skill bar with the mouse (as the skill is casted when the mouse pointer is in THAT moment, in other words just where the skill bar is located :/ )

For this reason i suggest two changes:
1) Disable fast cast ground targeting when skills are activated with the mouse, becouse as it is now, when fast cast ground targeting is active mouse skills activation is inoperable.
2) Make fast cast ground targeting customizable just like the auto-attack (something like the “ctrl+mouse 2” combination) so we can chose which skill have to be fast-casted and which not.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

I personally switched to fast ground targeting and it works really well with modified keybinds (q, e, r for utilities). Clicking on skills with mouse feels clumsy, but that’s strictly my personal opinion. It just takes some practice. If you get the hang of it, it feels more fluid and accuracy won’t suffer.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

I also key bind like that. I Use Q for heal and E, R, T, for utilities. Still looking for a practical key to bind Elite Skill…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

Goes a bit off-topic, but this is how I roll:
1-5 for weapon skills
Q, E, R for utilities,
Z for elite
X for healing
Weaponswap and F1 on 2 mouse sidekeys

I tried this setup and it worked well in synergy with fast ground targeting (I have a necromancer, use staff and wells). It took some getting used to but I feel the game has become a lot more fluid for me now.

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If you are clicking skills, why do you use fast cast?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

If you are clicking skills, why do you use fast cast?

I don’t do it almost never except when i kite, when i feel the need to have more control with movement.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I don’t do it almost never except when i kite, when i feel the need to have more control with movement.

This. +1 to this suggestion, for exactly the same reason.

While ANet is at it I also do have a suggestion for non-fast-cast-ground-targeting:

When klicking for a location, and the location happens to be to far away (red pattern, “too far away” message), then please do not let the spell fizzle, but remain in “select ground target mode”. Just let me click again until I find a spot within reach (or I dismiss the spell).

Far too many times when I try to blink while kiting mid-fight I try to aim for a point “as far away as possible”, but click a little bit too far. Then I have to select the skill and aim for a ground target again, which might be the difference between escape and down-state.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)