Change Guardian "Retreat!" (cosmetic)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JDub.1530

JDub.1530

This is only a cosmetic suggestion, not a big deal. But it seems silly for Guardian to be yelling “Retreat” all the time, especially mid battle. It might be nice to have a new name and audio cue. I had originally thought “Charge!” (same mechanic but different connotation) but was informed that warriors already have such a skill.

Other suggestions I’ve heard from people:
“Incoming!”
“Take Cover!”

Not a big deal. But as a shouts Guardian, I hear it all the time. lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

“Incoming!” Works.
I agree totally. Seems silly for me to yell “Retreat!” when I’m running towards an event that started and I happen to want to get there faster

in Suggestions

Posted by: jollyjolly.3516

jollyjolly.3516

Something that has always bugged me about this skill is that the leg in the top left corner of the skill icon always makes it seem it’s is on cooldown when I glance at it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I agree! I think “Take Cover!” is much more ‘guardian-esque’ rather than yelling to run away

Plus “Take Cover” applies to the skill whether you’re using for an actual retreat, charging into combat or using it to give out aegis to people (I do the last much more frequently than using it for a withdrawl).

And I just had to post this quote from Bearded T over on this same discussion at GW2Guru.

I would name it: “Run, Forrest, Run!”

My norn guardian yelling that would be awesome!

lol

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Suggestions

JDub.1530

I agree! I think “Take Cover!” is much more ‘guardian-esque’ rather than yelling to run away

Plus “Take Cover” applies to the skill whether you’re using for an actual retreat, charging into combat or using it to give out aegis to people (I do the last much more frequently than using it for a withdrawl).

And I just had to post this quote from Bearded T over on this same discussion at GW2Guru.

I would name it: “Run, Forrest, Run!”

My norn guardian yelling that would be awesome!

lol

I wonder who could have ever started THAT discussion?
>.>
<.<

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

It definitely needs a change. Retreating just isn’t the intention when I activate it.

Looking at Guild Wars shouts, I found a few good candidates.

“Form up and Advance!” – I believe “Form Up!” could work, too.

“Fall Back!” – Extremely similar to Retreat, but without the whole “we can’t win so let’s leave” vibe.

“Incoming!” – Popular here, definitely a good choice.

in Suggestions

JDub.1530

“Fall Back!” – Extremely similar to Retreat, but without the whole “we can’t win so let’s leave” vibe.

I almost added “Fall Back!” to my OP. And I agree. Similar meaning but different vibe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

When you use at the same time “Retreat” and “Save Yourself” you will hear “Save the trees!” or something what sound very similar to that sentence It makes me feel not like guardian asura but more like guardian sylvari

in Suggestions

JDub.1530

You obviously haven’t heard about the Guardians Garden Club. We take Arbor Day very seriously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

What is Guardians Garden Club?? Want more infos!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I agree it should be renamed "Advance to the Rear "

in Suggestions

JDub.1530

They meet once a month in Caledon Forest. And every 3rd meeting is bring your Sylvari to work day!

in Suggestions

Gryphon.2875

I agree it should be renamed "Advance to the Rear "

Cause that could never be taken the wrong way…

;)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I agree – I hate hearing the word “retreat” because it’s not necessarily true when you’re using it to advance.

Anything else would be cooler I just don’t have any good idea to contribute right now though haha

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

While we’re at it, can we also change “Save Yourselves!”? The name can stay the same, but if you ever use it while no one else is around, I’d prefer if your character instead said “MUAHAHAHAHA!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

They meet once a month in Caledon Forest. And every 3rd meeting is bring your Sylvari to work day!

I also hear they run PSAs on preventing forest fires through education on the responsible use of Burning conditions.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDutch.5824

TheDutch.5824

It definitely needs a change. Retreating just isn’t the intention when I activate it.

Looking at Guild Wars shouts, I found a few good candidates.

“Form up and Advance!” – I believe “Form Up!” could work, too.

“Incoming!” – Popular here, definitely a good choice.

I would go for the “Form up and Advance!” shout rather than the other two. Running into enemies while shouting “Fall Back!” is almost the same as doing so and shouting “Retreat!” instead.

Shouting “Incoming!” reminds me of the commando profession of 1st april, dunno if that’s a good replacement for a guardian shout.

Xirius Thalaran | Human Guardian | Far Shiverpeaks

Loremaster, Archdesigner and Bladelord..

in Suggestions

Gryphon.2875

How about just “Yeeeeeaaaahhhh!”