Change Magic find to Movement Speed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

And change the 33% cap to 50%.

Adding movement speed to the game on traits and such will make the game a bit better for the better!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

There is no real different between +33% and + 50%

And +speed were to strong, and had the same problem like MF.

+Speed only help yourself, and destroy exactly like MF the thoughts of teamplay.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

I wouldn’t say movespeed is a selfish stat. It would basically be a defensive/utility stat. 50% movespeed bonus would basically negate cripple. It would also help in position yourself out of AOEs better. It would also increase damage for Thieves who rely on attacking from the back or the side. It has a lot of combat potential. Then there’s the sPVP and WvW applications that aren’t so selfish.

Not to mention it suits the Explorer and Traveler prefixes really well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I wouldn’t say movespeed is a selfish stat. It would basically be a defensive/utility stat. 50% movespeed bonus would basically negate cripple. It would also help in position yourself out of AOEs better. It would also increase damage for Thieves who rely on attacking from the back or the side. It has a lot of combat potential. Then there’s the sPVP and WvW applications that aren’t so selfish.

Except that speed as a defensive ability is rarely used in game. There is very little to no kiting in this game. And even if there were, the current 25% does it’s job.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Except that speed as a defensive ability is rarely used in game. There is very little to no kiting in this game. And even if there were, the current 25% does it’s job.

Speed is used a lot in fractals. Having movement speed could make moving out of the way of attacks easier then just dodging.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The game needs less speed, not more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vocah.1208

Vocah.1208

There is no real different between +33% and + 50%

And +speed were to strong, and had the same problem like MF.

+Speed only help yourself, and destroy exactly like MF the thoughts of teamplay.

Destroys teamplay? what about the loners out there that like to solo and have to run like idiots? Seriously, being able to get somewhere quicker has never been bad!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I say movespeed stat is as selfish as any other, attack, prec, crit, toughness, vit. I mean all stats are meant to buff the user, so they’re all equally selfish. The only non selfish stat is healing.

On that note I like the idea although I think a movespeed stat would be a bit unbalanced, there’s a lot of situations where it could be pretty overpowered. In WvW mostly.

I do hope however they do something smart with the removing of magic find in gear, if they do decide to replace it with another type of new stat then they need to be careful since it can’t be too specific. Otherwise a lot of people who currently have dedicated a lot into MF will feel betrayed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Movespeed isn’t exactly selfish. In many dungeons, part of the time spent is actually just moving from A to B with little to no fights. Not much but still. Moving faster would actually help the group complete the content faster.

It could work. Not only it could work but it’d fit with the name of the Traveler, Explorer and Wayfarer sets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

I say movespeed stat is as selfish as any other, attack, prec, crit, toughness, vit. I mean all stats are meant to buff the user, so they’re all equally selfish. The only non selfish stat is healing.

On that note I like the idea although I think a movespeed stat would be a bit unbalanced, there’s a lot of situations where it could be pretty overpowered. In WvW mostly.

I do hope however they do something smart with the removing of magic find in gear, if they do decide to replace it with another type of new stat then they need to be careful since it can’t be too specific. Otherwise a lot of people who currently have dedicated a lot into MF will feel betrayed.

I think when people say “selfish” in this context, they’re referring to the stat improving your contribution to the group’s performance. Improving damage and improving healing are really just two different ways of attacking the same problem; one reduces incoming damage by killing the source faster, one reduces incoming damage by attempting to increase the amount of time the group can stay in combat with the source.

Anyone that’s done a lot of raiding in other MMOs probably understands the value of increasing player movement speed in combat; here in GW2 though we have the issue of the way movement speed increases function. There is currently no stacking of movement speed bonuses, only the highest active bonus is applied. The developers may not be comfortable adding a stat that doesn’t operate within the current rules, for fear the value of the stat may not be intuitive to players. If the stat did obey the current mechanics, it would probably not be valuable enough to warrant putting on gear as Swiftness is in abundant supply (precisely because of the current mechanics).

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

No, thanks. If I have to have stats on armor, I would prefer not to have them be stats that do not relate to combat numbers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

This is an interesting Suggestion, but it’s still a Suggestion like all the other Suggestions that are added to the Proper sub forum. So please use the appropriate forum next time and don’t try to “Trump” other people’s suggestions (which were made in the proper forum) just because you think it’s more important than theirs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Yeah ruin WvW more. Go ahead. Terrible idea.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

No, thanks. If I have to have stats on armor, I would prefer not to have them be stats that do not relate to combat numbers.

and how will it helps if say tomorrow they add precision instead of mf and your build doesn’t use precision? Better to be a stat that’s helpful than some other trash . Think of the ascended gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Due to the great law of percentages, +50% speed will not negate -50% speed. Cripple is applied first, giving you -50% speed. Your base speed is now 50%. If you add a +50% buff to this, you are now moving at 75% of your base speed.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Just made this post today, somewhat related to your post minus the MF =P
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Movement-speed-1/first#post2657398

JQ Druid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

this topic once again? no. And speed isnĀ“t a defense, most attacks are not evaded by not being there, the mechanics just do not work this way, but by being in a dodge etc. state

in Suggestions

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Then I’m guessing your armor doesn’t have any Magic Find on it, so this doesn’t really affect you either way =)

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

This is an interesting Suggestion, but it’s still a Suggestion like all the other Suggestions that are added to the Proper sub forum. So please use the appropriate forum next time and don’t try to “Trump” other people’s suggestions (which were made in the proper forum) just because you think it’s more important than theirs.

Please, we all know that the suggestions forum is where threads go to die.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

MF was never related to combat numbers in the first place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Then I’m guessing your armor doesn’t have any Magic Find on it, so this doesn’t really affect you either way =)

While I don’t have MF pieces any more, I do have a horse in the race.

Replacing MF with move speed would just present people with a choice like that created by MF. Do you want better drops or better combat stats? Do you want more speed or better combat stats? It’s a similar choice, and thus counter to the intent of the change in the first place. It also confronts people with the choice of carrying an extra set of armor or not. If an option to increase movement speed is to be offered, I’d prefer it be one accessible to everyone, not be dependent on gear choice.

MF was never related to combat numbers in the first place.

And it is being removed for that reason. Replacing it with another stat whose primary benefit is OOC movement speed … well, see above.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

I like this idea.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Wanted it more to be “In-combat” movement speed, for fractals and wvwvw and spvp and harder dungeon content, where you need to move out of circles a lot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Perhaps after the WvW “roles” go live with scouting this might actually be a viable option, giving anyone in the “scout” role more availability in traits and utilities rather than being forced into sacrificing escapability for speed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Power, precision, crit damage, toughness, vitality are stats which only affect the ‘wearer’ but from perspective of clearing dungeon and fractals, it contributes to the team effort either by killing faster or helping you survive so that you don’t need to be rezzed as much.

Magic find gear is considered ‘selfish’ because generally, you’re considered not to be contributing as much damage, may need to be rezzed more by teammates but yet get the best loot when the boss falls.